Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
CopeWithoutCope

Other Vices (gambling, rec drugs, polishing the dolphin)

I know I have failed many times, but this time will be different. No more joking about it until I get some control. Day 6.

If this is a serious thing, then when the urge hits you, think of Noodlz. Think of him standing over you licking his lips watching you.

I'll be willing to bet the urge stops.

day 28, had a notion to bet on South Carolina! Glad I didn't cuz I would have lost it all back today anyway... it's a loss even if I win when it comes to sportsbetting...

CWC - 483/12/3 - Yeah, these are some nice numbers. Career-wise there's some turmoil but I didn't sink into a bottle Sunday night in dread of Monday.

Way to go, dos. I'd rather post in here with you than those jerks back at ABC.

................................................................................

Note how Bruschi is holding up the three fingers for having completed three tough eveninings without polishing the pet cetacean.

Edited by CopeWithoutCope

CWC - 483/12/3 - Yeah, these are some nice numbers. Career-wise there's some turmoil but I didn't sink into a bottle Sunday night in dread of Monday.

Way to go, dos. I'd rather post in here with you than those jerks back at ABC.

................................................................................

Note how Bruschi is holding up the three fingers for having completed three tough eveninings without polishing the pet cetacean.

Nice work Teddy! Congrats to those damn Yankees too, sure as shit I would've lost money betting on the Twins, so there's another thing to be grateful for today! Betting with my heart was a common downfall of this compulsive gambler... Day motha f'n 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 32, college football games tonight have been calling my name... "bet on me dos, you can win, come on just once"... I'll pass on self-inflicted pain today thank you!

Day 33, I'm so glad I didn't bet on those games last night... YEAH ME!!! B)

Keep it up. You may feel like you're alone in this, but you aren't.

Thanks CWC! Cut firewood all day yesterday and have one hell of a sore back to show for it, but I didn't bet on any college football! It was nice to see #1 toppled and makes the first BCS standings unveiling even more interesting. Day 35

Day 37, feeling stronger every day! Didn't know if I wanted to be gamble free but now the games seem to be MORE enjoyable without money riding on them... wonders will never cease!

Day 37, feeling stronger every day! Didn't know if I wanted to be gamble free but now the games seem to be MORE enjoyable without money riding on them... wonders will never cease!

More money in your pocket now eh?

More money in your pocket now eh?

Could be more $ in the wallet but best of all more mojo! I feel better about myself... might sound corny but that sort of shit is way more important than the money! After the workday I've had putting some money down on some games ALMOST sounds like a good idea... that's how I know I'm an addict, gambling appeals to me as a coping mechanism or an escape rather than just some fun.... to that I say, not f*ckin TODAY!!!! Day 38, I love celebrating victory over myself, it's so gratifying because it is one hell of a battle!!@! Some days more than others....

Day 39, no small feat considering my drug of choice is betting on college/NFL football and we smack dab in the middle of an underdog bettin' haven of a football season!

493/4/4

4/4 -- No that's not Josh Hamilton's hits per at bats--that's days without booze and uh, well, you see, err, how do you say it?

He is one that the Reds miss!