Edited by Gaius Petronius

Someone had to start it.

This is for discussions related to P90X, including, but not limited to:

P90X Nutrition Plan and Guide

Workout recovery drinks

Shakeology and other Beachbody nutrition products

P90X and P90X plus workouts

As Tony says, "Bring it" and "Keep pushing play"

Tried the Kempo workout. Got through half of it. Saw spots and Elvis run through my living room. I took it out. Now the DVD is a coaster.

Glad this was posted, I was looking for this thread 10 days ago when I started...

I'm on day 10 as stated above and have followed the diet and exercise plan pretty closely with a couple of beers on Friday. Some early thoughts...

Day 1 - Chest/Back - Not easy at all. Hated the diamond pushups and dive bomber pushups.

Day 1a- Ab Ripper X - This sucks so freaking bad.

Day 2 - Plyometrics - Was expecting the worst, it wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was tough

Day 3 - Shoulders/Tri's - Not bad...trying to figure out the resistance bands for certain exercise

Day 3a - Ab Ripper X - Still hate and dread this program, especially the mason twists

Day 4 - yoga - WTF. I thought yoga was for chicks...This is freaking hard, and I'm sweating like a pig.

Day 5 - Back/Legs - Lunges/Squats....pretty easy for me

Day 5a - Ab Ripper X....When does it get easier?

Day 6 - Off

Day 7 - Kenpo...Loved this workout

Day 8 - Chest/Back - At least I knew what to expect...little better

Day 8a - Ab Ripper X....hmmm getting a bit easier

Day 9 - Plyometrics - good workout

Day 10 - shoulders/tris - good workout...was tired today and almost skipped it, glad I didn't.

Day 10a - Ab Ripper X - Still tough...hit pause a few times

Tuesday Sept. 28, 2010

P90X Roll Call

What day are you on, and what was your workout?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CCIE - Day 10 - Shoulders/Arms - blond chick is kind of hot in the video...

Wednesday Sept. 29, 2010

P90X Roll Call

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CCIE - Day 11 - Yoga-X - much easier than the first time around...Still f'ing tough, considering how inflexible I am.

Wednesday Sept. 29, 2010

P90X Roll Call

CCIE - Day 11 - Yoga-X - much easier than the first time around...Still f'ing tough, considering how inflexible I am.

GP - Day 13 - KenpoX day skipped due to sick, probably do it tomorrow.

For plyometrics is the worst. Me and the pause button are close friends when plyometrics is in the dvd player.

I'm hoping to get a copy of p90x and start the program this weekend. Is there a lot of jumping or bouncing involved? I have a bum knee and can't handle much impact on my legs.

OK boys, quite an echo in here.... Anyone still pushin' play?

I've done a couple rounds of the X in the past and over summers typically just do some days here and there among other non-X stuff. Now that fall/winter is on it's way, time to get back to a regular round.

Who's in?

Tuesday Oct. 19, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Holden - Day 1 - Chest/Back, no Ripper

Wednesday Oct. 20, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Holden - Day 2 - Plyo

Thursday Oct. 20, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Holden - Day 3 - Shoulders/Arms + Ripper

Friday Oct. 21, 2010

P90X Roll Call

CCIE - Day 24 - Shoulders/Arms + Ripper...Starting to like the plyo workout...If the dude with the prosthetic leg can get it going, I'm going to keep it rocking. BTW, I'm down around 9 lbs, I've been on the diet and seeing results. Starting to feel good.

Friday Oct. 22, 2010

P90X Roll Call

CCIE - Day 24 - Shoulders/Arms + Ripper...Starting to like the plyo workout...If the dude with the prosthetic leg can get it going, I'm going to keep it rocking. BTW, I'm down around 9 lbs, I've been on the diet and seeing results. Starting to feel good.

Holden - Day 4 - Yoga.....I'm in the part of week one where everything frickin' hurts. It's awesome.

By the way CCIE, if you're on Day 24 shouldn't you be doing the recovery week?...

I should be on recovery week, but I added another week to phase 1 because of some long days traveling.

Wednesday Oct. 27, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Holden - missed a couple days this weekend...then forgot to post in here...update:

Day 5 - Legs/Back + Ripper

Day 6 - Kenpo

Day 7 - off

Wednesday Oct. 27, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Holden - missed a couple days this weekend...then forgot to post in here...update:

Day 5 - Legs/Back + Ripper

Day 6 - Kenpo

Day 7 - off

sm - day 2 - plyometrics. I think I'm really gonna love this stuff. It's made for me.

sm - day 2 - plyometrics. I think I'm really gonna love this stuff. It's made for me.

SM in the HOUSE!!!!!!! Sweet! On Monday, please provide a list of everything that doesn't hurt (that's a shorter list). Not to worry, though. After week one there's no more soreness.

SM in the HOUSE!!!!!!! Sweet! On Monday, please provide a list of everything that doesn't hurt (that's a shorter list). Not to worry, though. After week one there's no more soreness.

Yep. Bringin' it every day. It hurts so good. B)

Question for you veterans - This 2700 calorie a day diet seems like a lot for me. I never ate this much before, but then I never worked out like this before. The protein, carb, fruit, etc. ratios are comfortable, but I feel like I'm going to get fat on this. For now I'm trusting the pros and eating as they say. Any input?

Yep. Bringin' it every day. It hurts so good. B)

Question for you veterans - This 2700 calorie a day diet seems like a lot for me. I never ate this much before, but then I never worked out like this before. The protein, carb, fruit, etc. ratios are comfortable, but I feel like I'm going to get fat on this. For now I'm trusting the pros and eating as they say. Any input?

I don't have my book with me, but I seem to recall my target was calculated to be more at around 2400-ish or so. Either way, if you used the chart to calculated it, it will seem like more food than you're used to eating. You'll need it. There's plenty of room to tweak once you get used to it. Let's face it, there's many many different people and the guidelines sort of lump everyone together. For now, just trust it.

You'll know how to start tweaking when you start recognizing how what you've eaten affects the workouts. For example, I can feel it when I had a day of pizza and a few drinks. Also, I can really feel the difference working out in the morning versus evening. You'll probably know when to move off from Phase 1 when you're lacking energy and need some carbs.

You don't need to worry about getting fat. It just won't happen. In fact, if you follow phase 1 exactly, you will burn through lots of what fat you have. As for weight, I've found that when I follow the diet, I either maintain weight or even add a few pounds. It's good pounds though. Focus more on how your clothes fit, because even if you don't lose weight you will lose inches. And if you really want to lose some pounds, definitely cut back on some of the calories. Only go for a slight deficit though, otherwise the workouts get too tough.

Wednesday Nov. 3, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Day 8 - Chest Back, no Ripper

Day 9 - Plyo

Day 10 - Shoulders/Arms +Ripper

Traveling tomorrow through the weekend, could get iffy......

Wednesday Nov. 3, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Day 9 - Plyo

SM - Day 8 - Chest & Back + Ab Ripper - gruesome, fantastic workout!

Anyone know where we can get p90x coins like our HOF coins?

Just finished day three - Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper.

I'm with you on the diet, SM. I'm supposed to be eating 2400 cals a day, but so far I've been closer to 1800. My ratio is also closer to 50/38/12. I don't really want to lose any weight, so I may have to find a way to up the calories if I start dropping too many pounds.

Edited by Salvo

Wednesday Nov. 3, 2010

P90X Roll Call

Day 9 - Plyo

SM - Day 8 - Chest & Back + Ab Ripper - gruesome, fantastic workout!

Salvo - Day 3 - Shoulders and Arms + Ab ripper. Went better than the day 1 ab ripper.

Wednesday Nov. 3, 2010

P90X Roll Call

sm - day 11 - Yoga. I fear it a little after last time. Neighbors thought someone was torturing a cat.