Quit Smokeless Community
Thumbs Up

100 Pushups

Hi Everyone,

I am on Day 8 of my quit, (September 2011 Group), and am starting to feel better physically. I am looking forward to hitting my 100 day mark of no Nicotine. Two summers ago, I started- and did not complete- a 6 week program that is designed to train you to complete 100 consecutive push-ups. Since I was full of nicotine during my last attempt at this, I don't believe I was in the best shape to be able to complete it. However, now it is different! I have over a week without dip, physically I am feeling better, and I am still on a high about being quit! I am motivated to make positive change. If you are interested, check out this program if you haven't seen it before:

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

I am starting this program formally for a second time, with my goal of completing 100 push-ups during my trek towards the 100 day mark of my quit. Not only will this be something I can look forward to accomplishing while on this journey, but it is a positive physical initiative that will hopefully bring great physical changes to the new "dip-free" me! And it doesn't require any equipment or very much time!!!

I will post my progress on here, and I welcome and encourage any or all of you to undertake this 100 Push-up Challenge with me!

Thumbs Up-Day 8- September 2011 Quitters

Hi Everyone,

I am on Day 8 of my quit, (September 2011 Group), and am starting to feel better physically. I am looking forward to hitting my 100 day mark of no Nicotine. Two summers ago, I started- and did not complete- a 6 week program that is designed to train you to complete 100 consecutive push-ups. Since I was full of nicotine during my last attempt at this, I don't believe I was in the best shape to be able to complete it. However, now it is different! I have over a week without dip, physically I am feeling better, and I am still on a high about being quit! I am motivated to make positive change. If you are interested, check out this program if you haven't seen it before:

I am starting this program formally for a second time, with my goal of completing 100 push-ups during my trek towards the 100 day mark of my quit. Not only will this be something I can look forward to accomplishing while on this journey, but it is a positive physical initiative that will hopefully bring great physical changes to the new "dip-free" me! And it doesn't require any equipment or very much time!!!

I will post my progress on here, and I welcome and encourage any or all of you to undertake this 100 Push-up Challenge with me!

Hey thumbs,

I have heard of this and thanks for putting in the link. I am in the 2nd week of a 6 week program at the gym at work, but will probably give this a go after that. Will check back to see how it goes for you (and once I start it, probably bitch and moan a lot).

tm

Hi Everyone,

Hey thumbs,

I have heard of this and thanks for putting in the link. I am in the 2nd week of a 6 week program at the gym at work, but will probably give this a go after that. Will check back to see how it goes for you (and once I start it, probably bitch and moan a lot).

tm

I'm in. Starting tonight!

I generally top out at about 40-42 pushups. However, for this program, I'm starting small and working my way up, all the way to 100. My arms are going to be HUGE when this is over. :thumbsup:

CWC:

Day 1: 21

Day 2: 22

Day 3: 23

Day 4: TBD

Edited by CopeWithoutCope

I generally top out at about 40-42 pushups. However, for this program, I'm starting small and working my way up, all the way to 100. My arms are going to be HUGE when this is over. :thumbsup:

CWC:

Day 4: 24

Day 5: TBD

CWC:

Day 5: 25

Day 6: TETANUS SHOT (in my massive arm/shoulder) has forced me to take day off.

Day 7: too busy and arm too sore.

Day 8: 26 (back on track)

CWC:

Day 9: 27 (plus a 90-min martial arts class) suck my scrotum, whitey and UST!

CWC:

Day 10: 28

Day 11: 29 (a bit of a strain)

Day 12 (today): ???

CWC:

Day 12: 30

Day 13: 31 (note--these are military style push-ups, not pantywaist style like some of you guys do.)

CWC:

Day 13: 31 (note--these are military style push-ups, not pantywaist style like some of you guys do.)

Day 14: Lazy sack of shit.

Day 15: 32

Day 16: 33

Day 17: 34

CWC:

Day 18: 36

Day 19: 37 (some trouble but not exactly falling flat on my face, either)

Dude! So glad you are doing this!

I had to delay my start, but according to the program, I am on Week 2 Day 2 as of today. I will do Week 2 Day 3 Friday, and then try max push ups test on sunday and report back.

There is another program like this- 20 Pull-ups. I'm thinking of starting it in a couple of weeks.

I challenge you to see who can do 100 pushups first!!!!! Game on!

I had to delay my start, but according to the program, I am on Week 2 Day 2 as of today. I will do Week 2 Day 3 Friday, and then try max push ups test on sunday and report back.

There is another program like this- 20 Pull-ups. I'm thinking of starting it in a couple of weeks.

OK, but if you win I am happy for you. I am mainly trying to each day become a man who is stronger and wiser than he was the day before. I'm improvising and adding 1 or 2 pushups to my total each day.

CWC- your approach is different than mine, and I like it. I don't care who wins, I just need motivation to make myself better, and I hope I can motivate you too. Wiser and stronger, one day at a time. Sounds great to me. Push ups are amazing. I have been using push up bars and they make it more challenging/effective/harder/fun! Way to go brother, I will keep tracking your progress!

T.U.

OK, but if you win I am happy for you. I am mainly trying to each day become a man who is stronger and wiser than he was the day before. I'm improvising and adding 1 or 2 pushups to my total each day.

CWC:

Day 20: 38 (maintained concentration and form despite aggressive yellow lab puppy nudging me with her wet nose)

Day 21: 39 (39 was tough--hoping it's because I was tired and right after dinner)

CWC: truly impressive! Keep it up dude! One day at a time! One push up at a time! Glad to see it buddy.

39--you're unique, Thumbs Up. Most people on the site ignore me like one might a person with a nervous tic. 39 was admittedly tough.

CWC:

Day 20: 38 (maintained concentration and form despite aggressive yellow lab puppy nudging me with her wet nose)

Day 21: 39 (39 was tough--hoping it's because I was tired and right after dinner)

Day 22: 40

Day 23: 41 (feel like I'm getting into good shape again--also did a bike ride with kids this weekend)

CWC:

Day 23: 41 (feel like I'm getting into good shape again--also did a bike ride with kids this weekend)

Day 24: 42 (Inspired by Cano's 472-ft homer in derby, I pumped out 42 ... but ouch)

Day 25: WTF?!

Day 26: 43

CWC:

Day 24: 42 (Inspired by Cano's 472-ft homer in derby, I pumped out 42 ... but ouch)

Day 27: 44 (44 was difficult--I hope I am not stuck on this number too long)

CWC:

Day 28: 45

CWC:

Day 29:

Day 30: 45

CWC:

Day 29:

Day 31: 46 (with a two-count, suspension bridge rest at 40--let me know if that is illegal or allowed--all I did was rest for a second in the pushup position)

CWC:

Day 29:

Day 31: 46 (with a two-count, suspension bridge rest at 40--let me know if that is illegal or allowed--all I did was rest for a second in the pushup position)

Day 32: 46

Day 33: 47

CWC:

Day 29:

Day 32: 46

Day 33: 47

Day 34: DNP

Day 35: 48 (48 military style without slightest pause). Proud of myself. Doing these in the morning may be easier than evening.