Quit Smokeless Community
TrevorLee

Any cancer scares?

So I'm entering into day 4 of my quit. It's early but I'm feeling good (despite headaches, dizziness, inability to sleep, and just a general pissed off at the world attitude). I chewed for about ten years, heavy (1 can a day or more) in the past 2-3 years. I'm going to the dentist this week. I haven't gone for 4 or 5 years, mostly because I was ashamed that I chewed and the last time I went the dentist made me feel like sh** for being an addict. I never have had any open lesions except where I bit my lip or tongue, bxut I'm still terrified. I have some lumps in my upper lips, inside where I chewed. YES I was an 'upper decker'. They never hurt and I've read that they could just be irritated glands. Thing is they never leave. I'm wondering if any of you e dippers had these and got them checked? All will hopefully be put to rest this week but I can't sleep anyways so thought I'd ask.

-Trevor

So I'm entering into day 4 of my quit. It's early but I'm feeling good (despite headaches, dizziness, inability to sleep, and just a general pissed off at the world attitude). I chewed for about ten years, heavy (1 can a day or more) in the past 2-3 years. I'm going to the dentist this week. I haven't gone for 4 or 5 years, mostly because I was ashamed that I chewed and the last time I went the dentist made me feel like sh** for being an addict. I never have had any open lesions except where I bit my lip or tongue, bxut I'm still terrified. I have some lumps in my upper lips, inside where I chewed. YES I was an 'upper decker'. They never hurt and I've read that they could just be irritated glands. Thing is they never leave. I'm wondering if any of you e dippers had these and got them checked? All will hopefully be put to rest this week but I can't sleep anyways so thought I'd ask.

-Trevor

Did you ever get this checked out by your doctor and/or dentist? I'm sure there are many people here that are interested in you experience and conversation(s) with your doctor/dentist.