Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
minimeh93

8 months is long enough!!!

Hell everyone, I am currently 18 and looking to quit smokeless tobacco. I took my last dip 2 days ago (skoal straight......) and i have only used Camel snus frost these last two days. I started on my 18th bday with some skoal peach, and I absolutely hated it!!! Then my friend offered me some skoal mint, and I fell in love with it. Recently my friends decided to stop as well and i decided i would try along with them. I just ordered some Smokey Mountain snuff (5 can sample pack) and see how it is. these last two days haven't been too bad, but the welding class im enrolled in at my college, 3/4 of my class packs a lip in class and it makes my cravings go thru the roof!. Hopefully with the support of my family, girlfriend, and friends (as well as all of you) i can break this stupid habit!

Edited by minimeh93

picked up a can of Smokey Mountain Snuff Wintergreen from walmart today and I must say it is not that bad. only part i dislike is how hard it is to clean out of your mouth. but other than that it is a great way to trick yourself into thinking your dipping, but not really.

Dude - I am impressed that you are even attempting to quit at 18! Good for you and take it one day at a time.

Dude - I am impressed that you are even attempting to quit at 18! Good for you and take it one day at a time.

Thanks man, when my parents found out they really flipped, At first I didn't care that they they wanted me to quit right away, but when i realized how much I am spending on this stupid habit, and that my friends are quitting, i may as well quit and make myself and the people around me more happy.

since Tuesday i havent had any dip, Wednesday I had 5 camel snus thru the day, thrusday I had the last one in the tin and I told myself i won't buy more snus. I have been kind of anxious and irritable today, but I am doing way better than I thought I would. I plan on avoiding convenience stores for a while just to not get tempted. I cant wait to try the other flavors of Smokey Mountain snuff (wintergreen, straight, and mint) when it gets here. but i dont want to go thru that as fast as I did with real dip. I may try some Hooch sometime too

Thanks man, when my parents found out they really flipped, At first I didn't care that they they wanted me to quit right away, but when i realized how much I am spending on this stupid habit, and that my friends are quitting, i may as well quit and make myself and the people around me more happy.

since Tuesday i havent had any dip, Wednesday I had 5 camel snus thru the day, thrusday I had the last one in the tin and I told myself i won't buy more snus. I have been kind of anxious and irritable today, but I am doing way better than I thought I would. I plan on avoiding convenience stores for a while just to not get tempted. I cant wait to try the other flavors of Smokey Mountain snuff (wintergreen, straight, and mint) when it gets here. but i dont want to go thru that as fast as I did with real dip. I may try some Hooch sometime too

How about now?