Quit Smokeless Community

Has anyone every tried to dip only once a week? Like give yourself a reward on the 7th day or something like that, until you can kick the habit all together. Can that work? Don't boo me on this it's just a question. I quit 4 days ago and made myself a deal that if I make it until Saturday which would be day 7 that I could have one dip while hanging with some friends.

Unfortunately I am really looking forward to it and so far so good. The cravings have not been that bad because I know Saturday is coming.

a few weeks in a row I told myself I was quitting period and by the 2nd day I had started back up. I guess the question is:

Is that strategy one that could work? I know it might not be a popular strategy, but eliminate your bias towards saying your a douche bag just quit and think about it logically. I know some people who smoke cigars like 1once a month and they are not addicted.

Is there anyone out here there that successfully dips when they want to and is not addicted. This is a serious question, because I am almost at day seven. Great site!

Everything that I read says it is like starting over, so, if you enjoyed the first 3 days of your quit, then go for it.

Sorry if that comes across sarcastic, just do not know how else to say it.

I will also add that if it were an effective strategy, then this site would be a lot less active.

Due yourself a favor and DO NOT PUT THAT SHIT IN YOUR LIP AFTER YOU HAVE STOPPED FOR SEVEN DAYS!

That's just me.

Has anyone every tried to dip only once a week? Like give yourself a reward on the 7th day or something like that, until you can kick the habit all together. Can that work? Don't boo me on this it's just a question. I quit 4 days ago and made myself a deal that if I make it until Saturday which would be day 7 that I could have one dip while hanging with some friends.

Unfortunately I am really looking forward to it and so far so good. The cravings have not been that bad because I know Saturday is coming.

a few weeks in a row I told myself I was quitting period and by the 2nd day I had started back up. I guess the question is:

Is that strategy one that could work? I know it might not be a popular strategy, but eliminate your bias towards saying your a douche bag just quit and think about it logically. I know some people who smoke cigars like 1once a month and they are not addicted.

Is there anyone out here there that successfully dips when they want to and is not addicted. This is a serious question, because I am almost at day seven. Great site!

TripleX you are not going to find a whole lot of sympathy much less any support for this plan. You need to evaluate why and how badly you want to be Quit. One dip is not a reward, it's a cave! Sure your right there are folks out there who can have one dip or one can or one smoke and not HAVE to have another for weeks, months, or forever. Why? because they are not addicted to it. They don't have to have it. Are you an addict? My bet is yes, otherwise why are you here. You said your self you couldn't make it more than 2 days.

How bout this if you can make it one day without caving, without putting that death in a can in your mouth, without putting that poison that rots you from the inside out, without succumbing to that evil voice whisperring in your ear, I give you permission to celebrate!! Your reward? You are FREE!! Free to live your life without a monkey on your back, Free to not sneak around your loved ones just to steal a dip, Free to stop lieing to yourself that just one dip is not a cave.

Which reward is better? it's your Quit, Its your life, It's your decision

I don't believe that your plan will work. I have quit a couple of times in the past and have always caved due to the - one dip can't hurt mentality.

Best advice I have heard here is to take that can you have hiding some where in your house or car. Dump the contents in the shitter and flush it away. Take the empty can out side and beat the crap out of it with a hammer / bat / golf club / whatever you can find. Not sure why but when I did this process this time, it was like telling the world that I was done with this crap and never going back.

I also got several phone numbers to txt fellow quitters. Venting to fellow quitters going through the same stuff I was at the time really helped.

By day 7 you have the tobacco out of your system. Do you want to repeat what you have gone through these last 7 days again?

XXX..

The posters are telling it like it is..I would add this..

The addiction is PIMPING YOU..After 7 days, you are a threat to it's hold on you and it is getting pissed..It wants it's dopamine fix..it is objecting to your quit and you are about to fall for the cave this weekend..If you cave, all will be well again and the addiction will be in CONTROL again...Don't fall for it...it is a SCAM.

Dopamine is a natural hormone, "feel good and improves our sense of well being"...If dip did not cause cancer of our mouth, there would be no real objection to us using it, except the spit is nasty..However, the nicotine in it is a powerful addictive drug..on a par with amphetamines and cocaine...It has long lasting psychological addictive potential (about 1 year or more)...so we have to be prepared for our brain to SUGGEST if not SHOUT for a fix for some time to come...lucky for us,in a way,that the nic does not have long term physiological effects...You are nearly over the worst and I am on day 31..

Let's keep moving on with the quit...I would like to be rid of this shit from now on and I think you would too..

speedbump--31 days dip free..

There is no just one Moto, not for you, not for me, and not for anyone of us who are addicts. And make no mistake, YOU ARE AN ADDICT! You must understand that. This is an addiction! You are not trying to break a little habit like biting your fingernails. You take one dip, whether it be after 7 days or 700 days from now, and the nicotine receptors in your brain get reset and you are right back to square one. Do you want to be back here off an on for the next 10 or 20 years until you realize that?

How long did it take you to muster up enough will, energy and courage to come in here and quit this time? It took me 4 years from the last time I caved, and that was after 700 days. How long will it be for you to come back in here after that celebratory dip you plan to have on Saturday? I'll bet the house that you will not stop after that one dip.

You are romanticising this shit. Think about why you wanted to quit. Why did you quit? Why did you come to this site? For some guys there is no next quit. I almost was one of those guys. Don't let it be you.

Either you are quit or you are not. There is no in between. You decide.

You are all probably right. Everything you say makes sense and yes there is no doubt I am addicted and know I don't want to start over. Thanks for the feedback I was just curious if anyone had tried the same.