Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oregon

It's time

Hi everyone,

My name is Patrick, and I am 21 years old. I have been dipping since I was in high school. I am tired of this. I am tired of relying on dip to get me through a day. I have been dipping for the better part of 7-8 years now. My gums hurt, I feel terrible when I don't dip, and I have to lie to my family and friends about my habit.

I have ''quit'' more times than I can count and always return. I lived in China for a year and was 100% dip free, cold turkey, but still returned to the habit after returning to the states. I have been using swedish snüs for many years as well as regular American smokeless. Snus allowed me to feed the addiction virtually every waking moment (since there was no need to spit). I am tired of my gums hurting, I am tired of the addiction, and I am done with this.

I am hitting the gym hard and attempting to quit on Nov 1st. My grandfather nearly died of throat cancer due to dipping, and my mother had leukemia (unrelated to tobacco but cancer none the less). I feel like I am disgracing my family by continuing to use a product that may give me cancer in the future. I don't want to neglect my health any longer.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi everyone,

My name is Patrick, and I am 21 years old. I have been dipping since I was in high school. I am tired of this. I am tired of relying on dip to get me through a day. I have been dipping for the better part of 7-8 years now. My gums hurt, I feel terrible when I don't dip, and I have to lie to my family and friends about my habit.

I have ''quit'' more times than I can count and always return. I lived in China for a year and was 100% dip free, cold turkey, but still returned to the habit after returning to the states. I have been using swedish snüs for many years as well as regular American smokeless. Snus allowed me to feed the addiction virtually every waking moment (since there was no need to spit). I am tired of my gums hurting, I am tired of the addiction, and I am done with this.

I am hitting the gym hard and attempting to quit on Nov 1st. My grandfather nearly died of throat cancer due to dipping, and my mother had leukemia (unrelated to tobacco but cancer none the less). I feel like I am disgracing my family by continuing to use a product that may give me cancer in the future. I don't want to neglect my health any longer.

Thanks,

Patrick

Welcome to QSSN, Quitting this habit early in your life like you are is the best thing you can do. So many of us in our 30's, 40's, and 50's certainly wish we could go back and try to talk some sense into our selves back then. This will not be easy as you know from previous attempts, but not impossible either. What kept you Quit in China? Just not available? If that is the case then get back in that mind set, it is not avaiable, you do not need it, you do not want it. Form a plan to fight off the craves, lay in a stock of supplies to get you through. Fake chew, gum, seeds, straws, cotten swabs, tea bags, lots of water. All of these are acceptable crutches to help you fight off the craves. Get involved in this site, it has a lot to offer, support, advice, acountability, and the occasional ass kicking if you need that too.

Wait until the first if you must, but your better off to just jump in. By the first you could have most of it out of your system and be well on your way to being free. Or perhaps you could find 4 more reasons to push the date back even more.

Your freedom is at hand.