Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
hotrod31

Quit date is less than a week away

I am new to this site and thought i would post. I have been dipping Copenhagen for 20 years this year.

I have quit before and it lasted 3 months. I will begin on my quit on 11-26-11 I have tried everything out there and was wondering if some of you have any good idea that have worked? I will start out with the patches and gum and work my way down from there. Any advise would help, Thanks!!

I am new to this site and thought i would post. I have been dipping Copenhagen for 20 years this year.

I have quit before and it lasted 3 months. I will begin on my quit on 11-26-11 I have tried everything out there and was wondering if some of you have any good idea that have worked? I will start out with the patches and gum and work my way down from there. Any advise would help, Thanks!!

This site is full of great advice, it is up to you to dig in and figure out what works best for you. The most important thing you can do is make a plan for how you are going to Quit. What are you going to do when the craves hit, What are you going to do if that doesn't work. Lay in supplies of gum, hard candies, seeds, herbal chew, tea bags cotten swabs, and straws.What are your triggers? How will you avoid them or over powerr them? All of these things need to be checked off a list to help ensure a successfull Quit. You also should consider bumping up your Quit date, to prevent getting cold feet. Or at least start taperring off a bunch before your Quit date arrives. Start today, Spit out that fatty your reading this with and don't have another one all day. Run, shout, poke yourself in the eye, do pushups, cry, chew gum, spit seeds, do all these or anything else that keeps you from putting a chew in your mouth. Then tomorrow do it again, and again and again and again.... Then when your Quit Date arrives you will be six days Quit and soooo far ahead!! Stop talking yourself out of this, You can do it Soooo many of us have done it just this way, It's not easy, it may be the hardest thing you have ever done, but it will be sooo worth it when you are FREE!!

Thanks for the advise. My quit date is less than a week away. The reason I am waiting until next weekend is so I can get threw the Thanksgiving with the in laws without being to grumpy haha. I am firm on my quit date and do not have all my ducks in a row yet but,

I am off work this week so it will be a perfect time to get everything in order. Stock up on all my supplies and get with the family and make my list of reasons to quit. Wish me luck I WILL STICK TO MY DATE OF 11-26-11