Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy929

Quit Date 11/18/2011

Well, after an overdrawn bank account made me re-evaluate my spending and finances I decided that there just simply is not room in the budget for this addiction. My last dip was Thursday night at roughly 10pm before bed and Friday I quit cold turkey. Every time I get a little craving for a dip I've been drinking a glass of water, needless to say this weekend I was cranky and peeing a lot. This is not the first time I've attempted to quit or the longest I've quit even, but I sure hope it is the last time I have to quit.

I almost caved this weekend, then I saw a friend on Facebook post a quote, "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't. You're right." and it motivated me to keep on pushing. And the glass of water to replace the dip sounds silly I know, I'm just going with the ideal that I'm replacing something bad with something good. I look forward to meeting and socializing with others going through this and those who have already accomplished the task.

Edited by Pottsy929

Well, after an overdrawn bank account made me re-evaluate my spending and finances I decided that there just simply is not room in the budget for this addiction. My last dip was Thursday night at roughly 10pm before bed and Friday I quit cold turkey. Every time I get a little craving for a dip I've been drinking a glass of water, needless to say this weekend I was cranky and peeing a lot. This is not the first time I've attempted to quit or the longest I've quit even, but I sure hope it is the last time I have to quit.

I almost caved this weekend, then I saw a friend on Facebook post a quote, "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't. You're right." and it motivated me to keep on pushing. And the glass of water to replace the dip sounds silly I know, I'm just going with the ideal that I'm replacing something bad with something good. I look forward to meeting and socializing with others going through this and those who have already accomplished the task.

Good for you Pottsy!! and Welcome to QSSN!!

You need to find your way over to the Quit groups section there you will see Pre Hall of famers. Post in there with the most recent group, I believe that will be March of 2012. Posting your # of days Quit each day is your promise to those Quitters in that same group that you will NOT partake of any kind of nicotine today. All of them will post up their promise to you that they will do the same. It create an accountability that goes a long ways toward keeping a lot of guys and gals Quit through the hard times! You should also get to know the folks in that group exchange numbers, that way if you or they get into a bind with the nicbitch knocking at your door you can phone a friend, someone who understands what your going through. or they may reach out to you, Helping to save someoneelses Quit is one of the greatest feelings in the world knowing that you have really made a difference.

Drinking the water is a huge beifit to you in these first days, flushing that crap out of your system. Not to mention keeping you hydrated as you are sure to be stressing at least a little bit through this. This is your 4th day I believe so most of the nicotine is out of your system, so now the battle moves into head games. Oral fixations are just bad habits easily broken by creating new good habits. The mind games are another story, but as long as you prepare yourself you can deal with them. Using non-nicotine crutches such as gum, seeds, tea bags, etc. are a huge weapon you can use against the craves.

Good luck and remember this is possible and you can do it fight fight fight!!!