Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mainza

Veganism/Vegetarianism

Is anyone a vegan or vegetarian? I have always been interested in this lifestyle and am going to become a vegan starting now. I have been feeding my tobacco craves with unhealthy junk (ice cream, fast food, lots of cheese) and I want to end this. There are so many reasons to become a vegan...personal health, environmentalism, and ethical.

Is anyone a vegan or vegetarian? I have always been interested in this lifestyle and am going to become a vegan starting now. I have been feeding my tobacco craves with unhealthy junk (ice cream, fast food, lots of cheese) and I want to end this. There are so many reasons to become a vegan...personal health, environmentalism, and ethical.

Never made that leap all the way. I eat what I like to call a plant based diet though. I don't want to give up my eggs or my cheese. I had a rough day yesterday food-wise though being away from home. Ate some junk I normally don't eat... plus I took a 60 mile bike ride in the morning. When I get a big workout in sometimes I fall into the trap of "I can eat whatever I want now!"

There are a few other guys around QSSN who I've seen talk about the vegan thing but I'm not sure how they're doing with it now. You might draw some interest with this topic... it drew mine. Let us know how it goes for you. Stay off the dip, first and foremost... it does not qualify as a vegetable! wink.png

Never made that leap all the way. I eat what I like to call a plant based diet though. I don't want to give up my eggs or my cheese. I had a rough day yesterday food-wise though being away from home. Ate some junk I normally don't eat... plus I took a 60 mile bike ride in the morning. When I get a big workout in sometimes I fall into the trap of "I can eat whatever I want now!"

There are a few other guys around QSSN who I've seen talk about the vegan thing but I'm not sure how they're doing with it now. You might draw some interest with this topic... it drew mine. Let us know how it goes for you. Stay off the dip, first and foremost... it does not qualify as a vegetable! wink.png

I did vegetarian for about a year and a half straight (about 10 years ago), and I've kind of been an on again/off again veg/vegan since (currently on day 9 of vegan/ day 3 of 100% raw vegan). It's hard to do it all the time in our world/society, but I fully support it! Life is always a choice.

I have been learning a lot about our food system and just watched Earthlings. If people knew where their food came from and the processing it goes through, I think we would all be vegetarians. Today is my first day vegan and I don't plan on going back.

• Like 1