Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rock213

Sour Stomach???

Has anyone had issues with a sour stomach/indegestion since quitting dip? As a dipper I was not a spitter. I would swallow my spit without any issues (iron gut) Now that I have quit dipping, my stomach has become very sensitive and I have a sour stomach all of the time. I am now taking zantac daily just to make it through the day. At times, the indegestion would get so bad I would make myself throw up to relieve some of the acid in my stomach. I sure hope someone will chime in to let me know that this will pass eventually. I hate living with this. I know..I know..."its easier than trying to eat soup without a jaw"..but some days I wonder. THIS SUX!!!

That wasn't one of my symptoms, but I have heard of dozens of weird side effect from quitting over the years. They all go away eventually. Your addiction will tell you that you need the dip to stop the (fill in the blank), but the reality is your body needs time to get back to NORMAL. What we did to it with nicotine and all the other chemicals in tobacco was anything but normal. Give time time.

You may want to consider some diet changes. Sometimes eating a bit differently will help with issues such as sour stomach. I took up paleo eating and it completely cured me from heartburn or sour stomach, pre-diabetic blood chemistry, and food craves. I also quit drinking coffee and alcohol. I still drink some tea - PG Tips is my favorite brand - but I limit it to 3 cups per day, spread out over the course of the day.

I don't know if what I do is universally good, but it works for me. I have better energy and no stomach/digestion problems.

SM, thanks for the heads up. I believe you are exactly right in regards to my body trying to convince me that it "NEEDS" the nicotine.

FSCH, what is "paleo eating". I am willing to try anything.

FSCH, what is "paleo eating". I am willing to try anything.

Just Google the "Paleo Diet." In a nutshell - you quit eating all the highly refined garbage that passes for food today, and go back to a diet that is biologically more natural for we human animals. You eat meat and fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts and berries. That's about it. It has really made a difference in my life. Good luck with it.