Quit Smokeless Community
Ohioman1972

Roll Call

On 10/7/2018 at 8:02 PM, bflem said:

:usflag:October 14, 2018

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1169- Thanks for all the support again gentlemen. While I'm not going to say its been easy because it hasn't, I will say it hasn't been nearly as miserable as the first month without dip was. There are a lot of triggers with college and professional football on but I have actually just enjoyed watching the games without having any "action" on the games. I know my real test will come when I have my finances in order and a little "extra" money in the stash. I have a plan when that happens though. I just know I dont want that life anymore and its not even about the loss of money. Its about the time its takes from those I love. Ironically enough, that was the exact same reason I wanted to quit dip too. To have my freedom back. Very interesting. RWM, do you know if your uncle and best friend ever got help? I know I had to reach rock bottom before it opened my eyes, and believe me I had plenty of chances (eye opening experiences) that I ignored. I'm thankful I'm still quit today; and I'm keeping a positive outlook on this addiction and life!

I hope all of you are well and I truly appreciate you gents stopping in. Have a great week fellas! NDT! NGT! Oh yea 28 days gambling free! 

SUPPORTERS: :thanks:

STS - 66X

bflem-1,09X

RWM-57X

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1169- Thanks for all the support again gentlemen. While I'm not going to say its been easy because it hasn't, I will say it hasn't been nearly as miserable as the first month without dip was. There are a lot of triggers with college and professional football on but I have actually just enjoyed watching the games without having any "action" on the games. I know my real test will come when I have my finances in order and a little "extra" money in the stash. I have a plan when that happens though. I just know I dont want that life anymore and its not even about the loss of money. Its about the time its takes from those I love. Ironically enough, that was the exact same reason I wanted to quit dip too. To have my freedom back. Very interesting. RWM, do you know if your uncle and best friend ever got help? I know I had to reach rock bottom before it opened my eyes, and believe me I had plenty of chances (eye opening experiences) that I ignored. I'm thankful I'm still quit today; and I'm keeping a positive outlook on this addiction and life!

I hope all of you are well and I truly appreciate you gents stopping in. Have a great week fellas! NDT! NGT! Oh yea 28 days gambling free! 

STS - 66X

bflem-1,09X

RWM-586- My friend got help. He definitely hit rock bottom. He had a problem for years that he thought he could manage. He was hiding how much he was losing. Then one day he had to file for bankruptcy. His wife was going to leave him. He joined a 12 step group. He was able to get his financial life back in order after a couple years. My uncle was still in the hiding stage when he died. He feared his wife would divorce him if she found out how much money he actually owed. And he probably promised her he would stop. He died owing my Dad $50K. After the funeral, we found out that he owed lots of relatives lots of money. NDT.

Quitters:

STS - 682: Congrats on facing the issue head on and for making it this far already into the football season.  Enjoy your well earned freedom.  NDT! NGT!

bflem-1,09X

RWM-586- My friend got help. He definitely hit rock bottom. He had a problem for years that he thought he could manage. He was hiding how much he was losing. Then one day he had to file for bankruptcy. His wife was going to leave him. He joined a 12 step group. He was able to get his financial life back in order after a couple years. My uncle was still in the hiding stage when he died. He feared his wife would divorce him if she found out how much money he actually owed. And he probably promised her he would stop. He died owing my Dad $50K. After the funeral, we found out that he owed lots of relatives lots of money. NDT.

Quitters:

STS - 682: Congrats on facing the issue head on and for making it this far already into the football season.  Enjoy your well earned freedom.  NDT! NGT!

bflem-1,09X

bflem-1,097- thanks for the update craig. keep waging the war. NDT. NGT!

:usflag:October 21, 2018

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1176-  you know what is crazy, it I had to file for bankruptcy over and year ago because of gambling and that didn't stop me. Well it did stop for a little while but within a few weeks I was right back at it.  Thanks for sharing the story RWM. I truly appreciate it! I knew I always had a problem with gambling, I just never wanted to face it. I'm 35 days clean and I feel good. The only thought I've had of any type of gambling is getting one of those mega millions tickets for over a billion dollars. But thats a pipe dream. No reason to throw away my 35 days over a losing ticket. I hope you all are well and I thank you for all the support. NDT! NGT!

STS - 68X

bflem-1,09X

RWM-58X

bflem-1,09X

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1176-  you know what is crazy, it I had to file for bankruptcy over and year ago because of gambling and that didn't stop me. Well it did stop for a little while but within a few weeks I was right back at it.  Thanks for sharing the story RWM. I truly appreciate it! I knew I always had a problem with gambling, I just never wanted to face it. I'm 35 days clean and I feel good. The only thought I've had of any type of gambling is getting one of those mega millions tickets for over a billion dollars. But thats a pipe dream. No reason to throw away my 35 days over a losing ticket. I hope you all are well and I thank you for all the support. NDT! NGT!

STS - 690: Good work mister.  I am proud of ya man.  NDT  NGT

bflem-1,09X

RWM-58X

bflem-1,09X

Quitters:

bflem-1,09X

RWM-593- no gambling no problem right? No dipping no problem. However, we usually discover our real problems when we stop the addictive behaviors/substances. They seemed like a solution until they turned on us. Keep up the real fight. NDT.

bflem-1,09X

Quitters:

bflem-1,09X

RWM-593- no gambling no problem right? No dipping no problem. However, we usually discover our real problems when we stop the addictive behaviors/substances. They seemed like a solution until they turned on us. Keep up the real fight. NDT.

bflem-1,103- great to see the boss stop in. keep at it craig. hope the fam is well. ndt ngt!

:usflag:November 4, 2018

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1190- Wow I cant believe it is already November! Man how the time flies. Just wanted to post up and let you know I'm 49 days clean of gambling. It has been pretty difficult but not nearly as hard as quitting dip. Then again, I needed to dip at least 4 times a day and all I needed was one or two bets a day to be happy. I'm thankful for all of your support gents. The family is doing well and we are excited for the upcoming holiday season! Thanks again for all the support! Have a great day! NDT! NGT!

STS - 

bflem-

RWM

bflem-

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1190- Wow I cant believe it is already November! Man how the time flies. Just wanted to post up and let you know I'm 49 days clean of gambling. It has been pretty difficult but not nearly as hard as quitting dip. Then again, I needed to dip at least 4 times a day and all I needed was one or two bets a day to be happy. I'm thankful for all of your support gents. The family is doing well and we are excited for the upcoming holiday season! Thanks again for all the support! Have a great day! NDT! NGT!

STS - 704: I am with ya Craig.  No tobacco or gambling for me today.  ODAAT

bflem-

RWM

bflem-

Quitters:

bflem-

RWM-607- Congrats to you Craig. I agree that nothing has been as difficult as quitting dip. NDT.

bflem-

Quitters:

bflem-

RWM-607- Congrats to you Craig. I agree that nothing has been as difficult as quitting dip. NDT.

bflem-1,118- well done craig. glad all is well with ya'll. where does the time go? ndt!

:usflag:November 15, 2018

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1201- I really do appreciate you gentlemen coming in here from time to time when I post. I'm not here as much as I should yet you guys still find time to post up in my thread. It says a lot about the each of you as men and your character as well. I truly appreciate you fine men.  Yes where does the time go! Gosh it seems like yesterday we were struggling to make it through one day without sweating bullets because the NB was at our ear. Now all of a sudden, we are 600 plus days quit. While it hasnt been easy,  it sure does get ( a little) easier with each day. I know at any time I could become a full addict again, so I will never say this addiction has been conquered because it hasn't but after that first year things do seem to go a little smoother.  Anyway, I wanted to share some good news with you gents. I''m really excited yet nervous but I'm going to be a DAD this coming June! My fiance has 2 kids of her own and I love them like they are mine but after seeing that ultra sound yesterday of the heart beating, it truly took my breath away. Life is so precious, yet full of emotions. 

Again thanks for always coming in here gents. Your time is much appreciated. Oh yeah, day 60 of being gambling free! Have a beautiful evening all. NDT! NGT! 

STS - 70X

RWM-60x

bflem-1,11X

Quitters:

CraigMac6-  Day 1201- I really do appreciate you gentlemen coming in here from time to time when I post. I'm not here as much as I should yet you guys still find time to post up in my thread. It says a lot about the each of you as men and your character as well. I truly appreciate you fine men.  Yes where does the time go! Gosh it seems like yesterday we were struggling to make it through one day without sweating bullets because the NB was at our ear. Now all of a sudden, we are 600 plus days quit. While it hasnt been easy,  it sure does get ( a little) easier with each day. I know at any time I could become a full addict again, so I will never say this addiction has been conquered because it hasn't but after that first year things do seem to go a little smoother.  Anyway, I wanted to share some good news with you gents. I''m really excited yet nervous but I'm going to be a DAD this coming June! My fiance has 2 kids of her own and I love them like they are mine but after seeing that ultra sound yesterday of the heart beating, it truly took my breath away. Life is so precious, yet full of emotions. 

Again thanks for always coming in here gents. Your time is much appreciated. Oh yeah, day 60 of being gambling free! Have a beautiful evening all. NDT! NGT! 

STS - 70X

RWM-618- saw the factory chimney bellowing steam. We got work today boys! Congrats on the great news, craigmac. Fatherhood is a blessing and much better without dip or gambling addictions in the picture. Everybody thought it was weird that I seemed to love dip more than my kids. It wasn't true, but master required that I kept it fed and occupied. NDT!

bflem-1,11X

Quitters:

STS - 715: I know I am a day late (probably a dollar short as well) on this post.  But also wanted to offer congrats on Fatherhood and on 60 days without gambling.  You have been a great supporter of mine Craig.  I should be down in Columbia, SC sometime about the second week of December.  I'll keep ya posted.

RWM-618- saw the factory chimney bellowing steam. We got work today boys! Congrats on the great news, craigmac. Fatherhood is a blessing and much better without dip or gambling addictions in the picture. Everybody thought it was weird that I seemed to love dip more than my kids. It wasn't true, but master required that I kept it fed and occupied. NDT!

bflem-1,11X

Quitters:

STS - 715: I know I am a day late (probably a dollar short as well) on this post.  But also wanted to offer congrats on Fatherhood and on 60 days without gambling.  You have been a great supporter of mine Craig.  I should be down in Columbia, SC sometime about the second week of December.  I'll keep ya posted.

bflem-1,129- well dad gum it craig, if that's not some of the best news i've heard in awhile. You my friend are going to be a great father. Thank you for blazing the trail for the three of us. You have kept your hands on the quit plow and that has helped us along the way. Well done on the 60 days.  NDT!NGT!