Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
CraigMac6

Gambling Addiction

The 12 step recovery program for Gambling Addicts:

1. We admitted we were powerless over gambling and that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to a normal way of thinking and living.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this Power of our own understanding.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral and financial inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have these defects of character removed.

7. Humbly asked God (of our understanding) to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10.Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12.Having made an effort to practice these principles in all our affairs, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive gamblers.

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 6- I admit, I'm powerless over gambling and my life has, in fact, become unmanageable.

Supporters:

1. We admitted we were powerless over gambling and that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to a normal way of thinking and living.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this Power of our own understanding.

5. Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10.Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12.Having made an effort to practice these principles in all our affairs, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive gamblers.

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 6- I admit, I'm powerless over gambling and my life has, in fact, become unmanageable.

Supporters:

Rock - Come on CMac, lets put them ducks in the bank...another day, another dollar saved.

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock - Come on CMac, lets put them ducks in the bank...another day, another dollar saved.

Tiger - I'll put my money on CMac kicking some ass today. Nicely done!

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Tiger - I'll put my money on CMac kicking some ass today. Nicely done!

Duf - Awesome stuff. I dont gamble. I only make sure bets; and mine is on CMac Daddy

March 15, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 7- Thanks gentlemen for the support. I knew I had a problem when I would be way ahead money wise but I still couldn't stop. I soon realized it wasn't about the money, it was about the thrill. No need to seek that thrill today, NGT!

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

March 15, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 7- Thanks gentlemen for the support. I knew I had a problem when I would be way ahead money wise but I still couldn't stop. I soon realized it wasn't about the money, it was about the thrill. No need to seek that thrill today, NGT!

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

bflem-152- Keep it up CMac!

March 15, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -Ever rode a bike without a seat?

March 15, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock - shoot for thrills....not sure what that means but I'm here for ya Bro.

Tiger -

March 15, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock - shoot for thrills....not sure what that means but I'm here for ya Bro.

Tiger - Return of the Mac.

March 16, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 8- A higher power can help me get back to a normal life but I MUST put in the work. Today I will work to stay free of gambling.

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

bflem-

March 16, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 8- A higher power can help me get back to a normal life but I MUST put in the work. Today I will work to stay free of gambling.

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf - Why don't you take the money you save today by not gambling, put it in a safe place for a rainy day. We'll talk about what to do with it when that day comes. You must let one of us know when that rainy day comes before you do anything with that money though. Deal?

bflem-

March 16, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock - I lik Duf's ida. Who knows w may all go on a road trip. Can yall tll my lttr _ is not working lol

Tiger -

Duf - Why don't you take the money you save today by not gambling, put it in a safe place for a rainy day. We'll talk about what to do with it when that day comes. You must let one of us know when that rainy day comes before you do anything with that money though. Deal?

bflem-

March 17, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 9- While Mr. Duf's idea is a good one, in about 40k in credit card debt. That's where all my "extra" money is going. NGT!.

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

March 17, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 9- While Mr. Duf's idea is a good one, in about 40k in credit card debt. That's where all my "extra" money is going. NGT!.

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

bflem-154- Chip away at it CraigMac6.....I believe One Day at A Time rings true for many struggles/battles in life. Keep it up!

March 17, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

bflem-154- Chip away at it CraigMac6.....I believe One Day at A Time rings true for many struggles/battles in life. Keep it up!

Fish 483/1000 NDT/NAT. Mac is being bold, stepping up to the throne claiming what is his: freedom from his demon. What can't we do one at a time?! You have my utmost respect and support my friend. None with you today.

Edited by Fish

The 12 step recovery program for Gambling Addicts

With my personality and known proclivity to addictions, that's why I stay out of the casinos here. Good on you Craig. I'm with you today.

March 17, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

Fish 483/1000 NDT/NAT. Mac is being bold, stepping up to the throne claiming what is his: freedom from his demon. What can't we do one at a time?! You have my utmost respect and support my friend. None with you today.

FSHCM - Keeping it my wallet today, too.

March 17, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger - Taking your life back one step at a time? Priceless.

Duf -

March 17, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock - Im not even going to buy lottery ticket in support of CMac!

Duf -

The outpouring of support is truly amazing. I want to Thank you all so much gentlemen. I can say without a doubt, if I didn't post my gambling addiction on this amazing site, I would have gambled by now; easily! Especially with March Madness starting and all the "games" to bet on. Instead, I'm focused on today and improving as a person one day at a time. Again, thank ALL of you. You men have helped me more than you can imagine.

March 17, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock - Im not even going to buy lottery ticket in support of CMac!

Duf - A little late but, Today was not a day to place a bet. I'll tell ya another thing, Fridays are never lucky either.

March 18, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 10- I started this thread to help me become a better person. I'm 100 percent ready to take on this challenge and have this character defect removed from my life and no longer be that person. ODAAT!!NGT!.

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf -

bflem-

Fish

FSHCM -

March 18, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

CraigMac6- Day 10- I started this thread to help me become a better person. I'm 100 percent ready to take on this challenge and have this character defect removed from my life and no longer be that person. ODAAT!!NGT!.

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf - You open a room. You admit your addiction. You get the Army of Support. ODAAT Brother.

bflem-

Fish

FSHCM -

March 18, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

Duf - You open a room. You admit your addiction. You get the Army of Support. ODAAT Brother.

bflem- Keep it up Craigmac. Double Digit Friday! Solid!

Fish

FSHCM -

March 18, 2016

Gambling Addicts:

Supporters:

Rock -

Tiger -

bflem- Keep it up Craigmac. Double Digit Friday! Solid!

Fish

FSHCM - Just like quitting dip