Quit Smokeless Community
Tiger Refuge

The Cafe - 2017

Don't let roll call intimidate you. I was a drooling internet moron when I first logged on here. I didn't know a dang thing about posting on the interwebs. Now, I'm still a drooling moron, but I can post roll. If I can do it, there is hope for any and everyone. If you need/want help in learning how to post roll or just navigate the site, give anyone on the 'staff' or any 'moderator' a shout. We will be glad to help you. Quitting is hard enough as it is.

Don't let roll call intimidate you. I was a drooling internet moron when I first logged on here. I didn't know a dang thing about posting on the interwebs. Now, I'm still a drooling moron, but I can post roll. If I can do it, there is hope for any and everyone. If you need/want help in learning how to post roll or just navigate the site, give anyone on the 'staff' or any 'moderator' a shout. We will be glad to help you. Quitting is hard enough as it is.

That's absolutely right. Don't worry about messing anything up. You won't break anything. This ain't Pottery Barn.
  • Like 1

That's absolutely right. Don't worry about messing anything up. You won't break anything. This ain't Pottery Barn.

KA has forgotten the whole "Truckerick incident"...

That was ugly. Took weeks to get the smell out, and you notice there are still no cats around.

• Like 1

..."Truckerick incident"...

*cringes*

I had to go back and read what was left of the aftermath when I got here. Good Lord...

Speaking of TR...

• Like 1

That was ugly. Took weeks to get the smell out, and you notice there are still no cats around.

My therapist tells me I have blocked out most of my memories of Truckerick. Says it's the mind's defense mechanism against traumatic incidents.

• Like 1

Monday, I'll be celebrating my 45th wedding anniversary with my One & Only! This will be the 10th in a row without dip!

Dip never made anything better. It simply fed the nicotine addiction and made me feel like an idiot.

• Like 4

Monday, I'll be celebrating my 45th wedding anniversary with my One & Only! This will be the 10th in a row without dip!

Dip never made anything better. It simply fed the nicotine addiction and made me feel like an idiot.

Happy belated anniversary, Euty!

• Like 1

I recently found this site, it's nice to know, after 30 plus years of Copenhagen addiction, there's other guys like me.

I recently found this site, it's nice to know, after 30 plus years of Copenhagen addiction, there's other guys like me.

Welcome, Billy!

There are tons of guys like you here. All of us.

My therapist tells me I have blocked out most of my memories of Truckerick. Says it's the mind's defense mechanism against traumatic incidents.

I have a vague memory of this...can someone throw the link to this up here so we can all 'member?

• Like 1

Hey everybody! I'm 16 years clean! Just wanted to stop in and say everyday of my life is better without skoal in my lip. I slayed the nicodemon, and now tobacco free is my way of life. I dipped for 25 years, and it was a tough two year battle for me before I finally felt free of the control of the can. Never give up. You can do this, your life, your lip, your family and friends are worth it. Keep posting, support each other in your quit groups, and keep quitting!

• Like 6

Hey everybody! I'm 16 years clean! Just wanted to stop in and say everyday of my life is better without skoal in my lip. I slayed the nicodemon, and now tobacco free is my way of life. I dipped for 25 years, and it was a tough two year battle for me before I finally felt free of the control of the can. Never give up. You can do this, your life, your lip, your family and friends are worth it. Keep posting, support each other in your quit groups, and keep quitting!

Congrats, Woogie! I agree 100%. 10+ years clean for me. Life is much better without the worm dirt!
  • Like 3

Hello old friends out there. Just wanted to say "hi". I've been quit twice now. The last time was over two years ago. When I wanted to finally let it go it was easy - I just walked away, and I wasn't even posting here at the time. We were sorta alienated at the time actually. But I do remember how important this site was when I was initially fed up with being addicted to tobacco. I hope this site still inspires people to leave the things they hate behind.

Stay quit,

3BD

• Like 2

It's been a week and I'm starting to feel like Chris Pratt in Passengers. Only 90 years to go. We'll get it worked out.

After all,

Jesus is coming soon!

• Like 1

1563 days with no nicotine in any form. Have not been on here in ages and ages but still recommending the site to those still struggling.

• Like 1

Hello old friends out there. Just wanted to say "hi". I've been quit twice now. The last time was over two years ago. When I wanted to finally let it go it was easy - I just walked away, and I wasn't even posting here at the time. We were sorta alienated at the time actually. But I do remember how important this site was when I was initially fed up with being addicted to tobacco. I hope this site still inspires people to leave the things they hate behind.

Stay quit,

3BD

Hey, 3boysdad! There's a name from the past. Sorry to hear you slipped up, but glad you're back and over 2 years quit. I quit Oct. 1, 2006, and I'm over 3800 days now. Hard to believe. Haven't been real active here for a few years, though I've recently began poking my head back in to say hi. I hope you and the family are doing well.
  • Like 2

Stay quit,

3BD

Hey, 3boysdad! There's a name from the past. Sorry to hear you slipped up, but glad you're back and over 2 years quit. I quit Oct. 1, 2006, and I'm over 3800 days now. Hard to believe. Haven't been real active here for a few years, though I've recently began poking my head back in to say hi. I hope you and the family are doing well.

Thanks KA, I haven't been real active either, but from my past experiences and memories I think this site can still be a rock for people trying to get out of the rip tide. We just have to keep posting and let would-be quitters know we've been there, and we're here for them. This site really helped me in the beginning when I didn't know how to cope 5 minutes after dinner without a chew. Now it's a distant memory. A way distant memory. Now I'd like to help others get there too... if I can avoid the political drama temptation along the way that is!

• Like 1

Thanks KA, I haven't been very active either, but from my past experiences and memories I think this site can still be a rock for people trying to get out of the rip tide. We just have to keep posting and let would-be quitters know we've been there, and we're here for them. This site really helped me in the beginning when I didn't know how to cope 5 minutes after dinner without a chew. Now it's a distant memory. A way distant memory. Now I'd like to help others get there too... if I can avoid the political drama temptation along the way that is!

• Like 1

New to the site here. On day 3 of quitting. I'm done, but damn this is tough. I keep telling myself it will get easier after 4 or 5 days. 20 year+ dipper and at the end I was chewing a can a day, plus 12 or more pieces of nicotine gum. Ridiculous. I'm breaking out of this jail for good!!!

• Like 1

New to the site here. On day 3 of quitting. I'm done, but damn this is tough. I keep telling myself it will get easier after 4 or 5 days. 20 year+ dipper and at the end I was chewing a can a day, plus 12 or more pieces of nicotine gum. Ridiculous. I'm breaking out of this jail for good!!!

Welcome and I hope you're still going strong with your quit. If you haven't already, your next step is to join the latest quit group.

• Like 1

Hey y'all. Please be patient with the new format. We will be working through some kinks in the next week or two. There are some cool things...for instance. If you want to "tag" someone, all you gotta do is type the "@" symbol and it will pull up a list of names. Like @benpitt for instance...

Eutychus here: I can't add a comment to this thread, so I'm editing this one. 
If you need a way to track quit days, you can use this site by entering your quit day. It even provides an estimate of dollars saved. (I've saved over $13k):

http://www.quitsmokeless.org/

Edited by Eutychus
add info

Guys, as a reminder, in lieu of the Shoutbox,. you can always check out the QSSN Facebook page. The link is in my signature. If you have any questions about that, drop me a PM.

Alright y'all. I am doing what I can to help change and link new instructions for posting. I only know what works for me, so if you have something else that you know is easier or works for you, I'm all ears. I will do everything I can to help out. Hit me up in a private message if you need to. 

Thanks

EDITING to Add:
Why can't I add a new post in this thread, only edit existing posts?

Thanks,
Euty

Edited by Eutychus
Can't post

Euty, I have no clue. Are you posting from a pc or phone?

For those that are having issues posting, please post here. Let me know what Trow of platform you are posting from and what the issues are. 

Im trying...

EDITING to Add:

I'm using a PC, but I can post to threads in the roll call groups and in the general area. Apparently this section's permissions is set to site moderators and admins.

-Euty

Edited by Eutychus
Can't post