Quit Smokeless Community
PMFJ

Quit yesterday

Hey-

This will be my 3rd attempt in the past 32 years at quitting. During my last attempt, I made it 35 days, then used a broken down car as an excuse to get back on it. My wife was just diagnosed with cancer and she's led a clean life. I should be the one suffering. I have to do this for her and my daughter. I look forward to communicating with some of you guys during this challenge. I dipped Kodiak a lot, sometimes almost 2 cans/day. I started with RedMan and BeechNut Wintergreen when I was 18-19, then switched to Skoal Longcut, but Kodiak has been my nemesis for the past 20 years. All the wasted cash, receding gum lines, toothaches, etc. were so NOT worth it.

3 hours ago, PMFJ said:

Hey-

This will be my 3rd attempt in the past 32 years at quitting. During my last attempt, I made it 35 days, then used a broken down car as an excuse to get back on it. My wife was just diagnosed with cancer and she's led a clean life. I should be the one suffering. I have to do this for her and my daughter. I look forward to communicating with some of you guys during this challenge. I dipped Kodiak a lot, sometimes almost 2 cans/day. I started with RedMan and BeechNut Wintergreen when I was 18-19, then switched to Skoal Longcut, but Kodiak has been my nemesis for the past 20 years. All the wasted cash, receding gum lines, toothaches, etc. were so NOT worth it.

Welcome brother. First off, my condolences  for your family on your wife's diagnosis. 

Welcome to the suck called quitting. Yes, it sucks. So does being a slave to a can of death. You don't have to be beholden to that crap any more. It's your choice. No one will ever force that crap in your mouth. 

When I quit, I was using two cans a day as a ninja dipper(hid it from my wife). If I can do it, anyone can. Seriously. Post up in the November 2017 group and pitch a tent. Hang out. The site is a bit of a mess right now, but we are working on it.

• Like 2