Quit Smokeless Community
Ohioman1972

Roll Call

1 hour ago, rwm3892 said:

large.XZdipshitz2.png.48063753120cb41a0b

November 5, 2018

DWLT - 305 - Quit bliss on a Monday.  None for me today.

FoodBuzz -310- That shit is just nasty! NDT!

STS  - 705: Done with dip.  None for me.

PMFJ - 457 - Hey guys, Fuck Tobacco!! NMFD!!

Bonanza - DAY 300 (and 301 & 302) NDT!  Have a question for you fellow quitters...my son plays youth baseball and the moms (including my wife) always bring their team Big League Chew.  I want to say that I don't like that and that they should change brands.  I think I may be overreacting.  Thoughts?

RWM -608- good question. I just bought my son a bag of big league chew bubble gum last night because that's what he specifically requested. I didn't even make the connection. 

Hey Bonanza, congrats on 300+!  No, I don't really think you're overreacting.  My boys are adults now and I wish they weren't nicotine users, and really wish that I wasn't the bad example I was when they were growing up (and I always had a dip in my mouth).   I used to think bubble gum cigarettes and cigars were cool when I was a kid, which was easily followed up later by flavored chewing tobacco of ALL kinds.  

Now I try to warn my boys about the slave they'll become if they keep it up, and how happy I am to finally be free of that crap.  If I had it all to do over, I wish I wasn't a nicotine addict but that I had the smarts to relate to them how awful addiction was and why they should steer clear of tobacco.

Hindsight is so 20/20.  Good luck with your wife and son on the big league chew.  I did so much better with my girls, as neither of them chew tobacco :)   

2 hours ago, rwm3892 said:

November 5, 2018

DWLT - 305 - Quit bliss on a Monday.  None for me today.

FoodBuzz -310- That shit is just nasty! NDT!

STS  - 705: Done with dip.  None for me.

PMFJ - 457 - Hey guys, Fuck Tobacco!! NMFD!!

Bonanza - DAY 300 (and 301 & 302) NDT!  Have a question for you fellow quitters...my son plays youth baseball and the moms (including my wife) always bring their team Big League Chew.  I want to say that I don't like that and that they should change brands.  I think I may be overreacting.  Thoughts?

RWM -608- good question. I just bought my son a bag of big league chew bubble gum last night because that's what he specifically requested. I didn't even make the connection. 

Hey Bonanza, congrats on 300+!  No, I don't really think you're overreacting.  My boys are adults now and I wish they weren't nicotine users, and really wish that I wasn't the bad example I was when they were growing up (and I always had a dip in my mouth).   I used to think bubble gum cigarettes and cigars were cool when I was a kid, which was easily followed up later by flavored chewing tobacco of ALL kinds.  

Now I try to warn my boys about the slave they'll become if they keep it up, and how happy I am to finally be free of that crap.  If I had it all to do over, I wish I wasn't a nicotine addict but that I had the smarts to relate to them how awful addiction was and why they should steer clear of tobacco.

Hindsight is so 20/20.  Good luck with your wife and son on the big league chew.  I did so much better with my girls, as neither of them chew tobacco :)   

I don’t like the Big League Chew connection. Leaves a bad feeling inside. It’s just the association of words to other more adult actions.

Let me say it another way. Say a grocery store wanted to rebrand their milk. Same milk they sold before, but now they call it “Mommas Milk”. I just don’t think it goes over well.

Thats my two cents!

Oh yeah!!! F**kin’ Congrats on hitting 300 & + man!!

Edited by FoodBuzz
Bonanza meets 300!!!
  • Like 1

November 6, 2018

DWLT - 306 - I elect to not dip today.  NDT!

November 6, 2018

FoodBuzz -311- I’m with DW on this quitting thing sounds like a solid plan!

November 6, 2018

STS - 706: A vote for dip is a vote for slavery.  Punching a straight no-tobacco ticket. 

November 6, 2018

STS - 706: A vote for dip is a vote for slavery.  Punching a straight no-tobacco ticket

Bonanza - 303 - I won't be hanging a chad on my lip anytime soon!  NDT!  (Ok, all the good election ones were taken - and for those not ancient like me, it is in reference to Gore vs Bush election of yesteryear)

15 minutes ago, Bonanza504 said:

November 6, 2018

STS - 706: A vote for dip is a vote for slavery.  Punching a straight no-tobacco ticket

Bonanza - 303 - I won't be hanging a chad on my lip anytime soon!  NDT!  (Ok, all the good election ones were taken - and for those not ancient like me, it is in reference to Gore vs Bush election of yesteryear)

Yes, the hanging chad and the dimpled chad.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DoneWithLT said:

Yes, the hanging chad and the dimpled chad.  

Hanging Chad.... wasn't he an adult film star?

• Like 1

November 6, 2018

RWM -609- ok guys, the main problem I have with political jokes is that they usually get elected. NDT. 
  • Like 1

November 6, 2018

RWM -609- ok guys, the main problem I have with political jokes is that they usually get elected. NDT. 

PMFJ - 458 - I hear a rim shot for Mr. RWM on that one. NMFD!!

November 7, 2018

DWLT - 307 -  NDT!

November 7, 2018

DWLT - 307 -  NDT!

Bonanza - 304 - There are no good topics I can think of other than I have a sneaking suspicion that your Chicago Bears will be playoff bound this year.

November 7, 2018

DWLT - 307 -  NDT!

Bonanza - 304 - There are no good topics I can think of other than I have a sneaking suspicion that your Chicago Bears will be playoff bound this year.

RWM -610- Could happen but the competition is pretty stiff. Dip won't happen today.

November 7, 2018

DWLT - 307 -  NDT!

RWM -610- Could happen but the competition is pretty stiff. Dip won't happen today.

STS - 707 (Boeing) - Don't miss dip and I don't miss Jay Cutler!    NDT!   Da Bears!

November 7, 2018

DWLT - 307 -  NDT!

STS - 707 (Boeing) - Don't miss dip and I don't miss Jay Cutler!    NDT!   Da Bears!

FoodBuzz  -312- Denver doesn’t miss cutler either. But if I was to be seen with Cutler or a fat dip/spit I’d choose Cutler.

November 7, 2018

DWLT - 307 -  NDT!

FoodBuzz  -312- Denver doesn’t miss cutler either. But if I was to be seen with Cutler or a fat dip/spit I’d choose Cutler.

PMFJ - 459 - Packers used to eat Cutler for lunch on Sundays. We miss him. NMFD!!

November 8, 2018

DWLT - 308 -  NDT!

November 8, 2018

DWLT - 308 -  NDT!

FoodBuzz  -313- Broomfield is Quitting with Arvada today!

November 8, 2018

DWLT - 308 -  NDT!

RWM -611- I did some time in Arvada, so I can join in on the fun. NDT.

November 8, 2018

DWLT - 308 -  NDT!

STS - 708: NDT with the XDipshitz ODAAT

November 8, 2018

DWLT - 308 -  NDT!

PMFJ - 460 - What the hell are you guys talking about? Arvada?? NMFD!!

6 minutes ago, PMFJ said:

November 8, 2018

DWLT - 308 -  NDT!

PMFJ - 460 - What the hell are you guys talking about? Arvada?? NMFD!!

Arvada and Broomfield Colorado, in other words, God's country :) 

3 minutes ago, DoneWithLT said:

Arvada and Broomfield Colorado, in other words, God's country :) 

Never been. Worth a visit?

1 minute ago, PMFJ said:

Never been. Worth a visit?

So Foodbuzz is originally from Broomfield, and I'm from and currently live in Arvada.  The two towns are next to each other in NW Denver suburban area and are great places to grow up and grow old.    Great area close to the mountains and the city, although I prefer the mountains.  I just won't chew tobacco there anymore.