Quit Smokeless Community

A couple of days late. Sorry about that. 

Use the cafe to introduce yourself, ask questions, etc. 

Coffee’s always on.

8 hours ago, Dave444 said:

Tiger - you know what? Chew sucks.

Oh hell yes it sucks!

Hey everybody!

I signed up a few days ago in the April 2018 group. Sadly not the first time I joined a group. Had a good run back in 2010. 

Checked out my old groups,Tin Tossers, postings. Over the years regular post tapered off, but still saw a good chuck of people post just checking in to say they were still quit.

Glad to see others continuing to carry the torch here. Thanks!

Anyways I’m back and happier than ever to be here.

I do recall a thread game, I stumbled upon it the other day, but can’t seem to find it again. Think it was called the Two Word Chain. Anyone know where that’s at?

NDT!

6 minutes ago, FoodBuzz said:

Hey everybody!

I signed up a few days ago in the April 2018 group. Sadly not the first time I joined a group. Had a good run back in 2010. 

Checked out my old groups,Tin Tossers, postings. Over the years regular post tapered off, but still saw a good chuck of people post just checking in to say they were still quit.

Glad to see others continuing to carry the torch here. Thanks!

Anyways I’m back and happier than ever to be here.

I do recall a thread game, I stumbled upon it the other day, but can’t seem to find it again. Think it was called the Two Word Chain. Anyone know where that’s at?

NDT!

Welcome back, brother!

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Welcome FoodBuzz.  Come back to the café if you have anymore questions.

3BD - 1,092

Today marks 3 years nicotine free!  It's not that hard if you really want it!

3boysdad - day 1,097  3 years no chew today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3boysdad said:

Congrats bro! That's a hellova win!

PMFJ - Congrats! Awesome!

•  

1 hour ago, PMFJ said:

PMFJ - Congrats! Awesome!

•  

Awesome job on 3 year man!!! We’re all glad to know of these milestones; helps us realize it is possible.

Everyone have a good, nicotine free weekend!  And if you're new to the site drop on in and introduce yourself.

3boysdad - 1,114 days quit.  No dip today.  Punch the nic bitch in the throat!

Hi Melisa,

Welcome! You found a great place where quitting is our goal. Pull up a chair, start posting roll, and remember we choose to quit so we can have a better life.

Let us know if you have any questions, many here are glad to help!

FoodBuzz -58 Days-

Howdy - was on a non-smoking board until a few days ago, it was helping but apparently got shut down...I landed here.  

Thanks for your support

Tux - 46 days

57 minutes ago, Tuxedo said:

Howdy - was on a non-smoking board until a few days ago, it was helping but apparently got shut down...I landed here.  

Thanks for your support

Tux - 46 days

Welcome. I saw that you found the June 2018 HOF Group that I suggested you go to. It doesn't exactly fit your quit date, but you don't want to belong to a group that has no other members. A couple guys in that June 2018 group have been around before and know the ropes and will help you. 

Here is how it works: you post roll as early as you can in the day, promising yourself and us that you will not use tobacco that day. You take dip off the table--it's not option. Then you work out the problems of living life without that crutch. Then you post roll call the next day. When you reach 100 days quit, you are eligible to enter the QSSN Hall of Fame. That's what the HOF is all about. It is an initial goal to shoot for because someone determined that if you can make it 100 days, then you have a solid system down. Of course it doesn't really stop there. It's just a beginning. Dip is a patient foe and gets us back years later.

Getting involved with the group is a good way to go. Support your group and they support you. It is also recommended that you get some phone #s. If you're having a bad day, and bad crave, a simple discussion with another quitter can get you through the day. Just get to know some people and find someone you feel comfortable with.

Great job staying dip-free for 46 days. That's a hell of a start.

10 hours ago, rwm3892 said:

Welcome. I saw that you found the June 2018 HOF Group that I suggested you go to. It doesn't exactly fit your quit date, but you don't want to belong to a group that has no other members. A couple guys in that June 2018 group have been around before and know the ropes and will help you. 

Here is how it works: you post roll as early as you can in the day, promising yourself and us that you will not use tobacco that day. You take dip off the table--it's not option. Then you work out the problems of living life without that crutch. Then you post roll call the next day. When you reach 100 days quit, you are eligible to enter the QSSN Hall of Fame. That's what the HOF is all about. It is an initial goal to shoot for because someone determined that if you can make it 100 days, then you have a solid system down. Of course it doesn't really stop there. It's just a beginning. Dip is a patient foe and gets us back years later.

Getting involved with the group is a good way to go. Support your group and they support you. It is also recommended that you get some phone #s. If you're having a bad day, and bad crave, a simple discussion with another quitter can get you through the day. Just get to know some people and find someone you feel comfortable with.

Great job staying dip-free for 46 days. That's a hell of a start.

Thanks rwm, I agree with everything you said.  I've quit a number of times over the past 30+ years, and it's gotten harder each time....grateful that sites like this exist...Thank You

42 minutes ago, Tuxedo said:

Thanks rwm, I agree with everything you said.  I've quit a number of times over the past 30+ years, and it's gotten harder each time....grateful that sites like this exist...Thank You

Use it as it is intended and it will work!  

I imagine getting another fix of nicotine like I'm rubber tubing up my arm and getting some hardcore drug from a needle. Like I would put a chew in and have the relief you see in those hard-core addicts on TV. Well I'm a hard core addict with nicotine but I don't need that shit today. ODAAT I quit 13 days ago! It would not be any good anyway, just dipappointment for not fulfilling my promise and my progress.

• Like 1

Red, yep some craves come on pretty hard at times. I just keep reminding myself those times (which really was almost all the time) when it felt like I had to force my mouth to take a chew cause the rest of my body wanted to feel “normal”. Shoot I actually want to know what “normal” really feels like...been 25 years. There are days for me that feel normal...no chew and no craves. Shoot I really like those days!

Day 29 : had a question my psychiatrist prescribed bupropion because of some craving I still have .

Wondering almost a month now maybe am on verge of easy days should I start tablets or I continue my quit  as till now

To any potential new quitters, please post in the August group until we can work out the kinks and get a new group started.

Thanks

12 years ago I went tobacco-free. While I used nicotine gum for another 3 months, this is still an important milestone for me, especially since I was nicotine-free for 44 days before finding this forum.

• Like 4

Congrats Eutychus! What an accomplishment and so glad you’re here as a voice that this does work and quitting is possible to current quitters and those new who are debating if they should stop dipping today.

• Like 1

Congrats Euty!! Thanks for your help over the years. May God bless another NDT.

• Like 1