Quit Smokeless Community

Just threw the can in the trash last night.  Has not been the best morning so far, but getting through it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonarobe said:

Just threw the can in the trash last night.  Has not been the best morning so far, but getting through it.

Welcome, Jonarobe. If you ain’t dipping, then today is far from your worst day. A day not dipping is better than ANY best day dipping. Period.

Post up in the September Pre HOF group, if you haven’t already.

3 hours ago, FoodBuzz said:

Hi,

When does the October group open up?

'Tis open!

Having trouble finding the correct quit group. Today is day 1!

Edited by KevinW

52 minutes ago, KevinW said:

Welcome. Big congrats to you for making that decision!

Our admin people haven't created a new quit group for November 2018 yet. They are slipping.

You can post roll call in the October 2018 group until admin creates the newest quit group, but you'll be a group of one. No one else has had the guts to commit to quitting such as you've done. Hopefully you start a trend.

I'll support you wherever you post roll call and I'm positive others will support you as well. 

I am a supporter of quitters around the globe...Fredy knows that. First and foremost I will always support new quitters like Kevin. Today is the day to quit!

On 7/25/2018 at 7:58 AM, KevinW said:

As a follow up to yesterday's response...a new November 2018 HOF Quit Group is open for business.

Starting my 16 quit day. Still getting night sweats and hot flashes. Is this normal?  Guess it is just my mind messing with me. Nicotine should be long gone as I understand. Thanks. Staying strong. I am going to win this quit. 

Nicotine itself should clear from your system by 5 days. However, withdrawal includes the mental aspect, where our minds have come to associate a number of places and activities with dipping. So you will continue to experience craves, but they will decrease over time.

When I found this forum, I was at day 44 of being nicotine free and was wondering the same as you. You can kick the nicotine slave master on hour, one crave, one day at a time. Just determine that you will do whatever it takes to keep the victory that you have achieved so far. Remember that it took a period of time to become strongly addicted, so to will take a period of time to regain your freedom from its pull.

Numerous of us can assure you that you can regain your freedom from nicotine. Your desire to be free is key, as well as the accountability of posting daily with your quit group.

~Euty, day 4,373 nicotine free.

Hey new to all this I quit 5 days ago I’m using chantix this is sucking. I’m not sleeping and kinda bitchy on top of craving s.

I'm nicotine-FREE Twelve Years today. I only continue to post to encourage others and to remind myself that I once could not make it through a day without constantly - or as often as possible - having dip in my mouth. Since taking the plunge, I've encountered many, many issues and problems such as are common to humans, but not a single one would have been better with a dip in my mouth. Nicotine does not make anything better, it only feeds the addiction and keeps you enslaved. If you are on the fence, be assured that you can face and enjoy life without nicotine - and also eliminate the worry about its consequences.

One hour, one crave, one day at a time with a commitment to do anything necessary to stay nicotine-free will pay off with huge dividends. Plus, you have strong support from this band of brothers & sisters.

~Euty, day 4,384 nicotine free.

• Thanks 3

Hey, quitters! Been a long time since I've frequented the site. For several months starting in 2006, QSSN was my life and I was all over the quit groups back then, getting involved as much as possible. Kept me accountable. This site helped me break a 26 year Copenhagen habit and in the process I made a lot of friends. I only popped in yesterday because one of those friends I made back then messaged me to let me know he was back after caving. Anyway, I probably don't know 99% of you now, but I encourage you to follow my example and use this site to quit first and foremost, but also to learn and laugh and develop accountability. The old quittracker tells me I've been quit for 4373 days today. You'll get here one day if you're dedicated to quitting (and if you live that long). Life without dip is great! Not perfect, of course. But I have no desire to dip whatsoever. OK, enough rambling. Not sure if I'll be back on and respond to any comments, but just know that we have all been where you are now. BTW, hi, Euty! I'm still following on your tail. Have a good weekend, everyone!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 4:44 PM, Killerattorney said:

Hey, quitters! Been a long time since I've frequented the site. For several months starting in 2006, QSSN was my life and I was all over the quit groups back then, getting involved as much as possible. Kept me accountable. This site helped me break a 26 year Copenhagen habit and in the process I made a lot of friends. I only popped in yesterday because one of those friends I made back then messaged me to let me know he was back after caving. Anyway, I probably don't know 99% of you now, but I encourage you to follow my example and use this site to quit first and foremost, but also to learn and laugh and develop accountability. The old quittracker tells me I've been quit for 4373 days today. You'll get here one day if you're dedicated to quitting (and if you live that long). Life without dip is great! Not perfect, of course. But I have no desire to dip whatsoever. OK, enough rambling. Not sure if I'll be back on and respond to any comments, but just know that we have all been where you are now. BTW, hi, Euty! I'm still following on your tail. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Congratulations on almost 12 years. I agree with you about accountability and getting involved as much as possible. Maybe you aren't around as much as you used to be, but you guys left a wealth of knowledge and experience. Every once in a while I read the HOF speeches and the earlier pages of your quit groups for inspiration. 

1 hour ago, rwm3892 said:

Congratulations on almost 12 years. I agree with you about accountability and getting involved as much as possible. Maybe you aren't around as much as you used to be, but you guys left a wealth of knowledge and experience. Every once in a while I read the HOF speeches and the earlier pages of your quit groups for inspiration. 

That's the way it worked for me. I'm sure everyone has to find their own path. Just know that whatever challenges you may face that make you think it's too difficult, there's always some quitter somewhere that has faced tougher circumstances and made it, and you can too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Killerattorney said:

That's the way it worked for me. I'm sure everyone has to find their own path. Just know that whatever challenges you may face that make you think it's too difficult, there's always some quitter somewhere that has faced tougher circumstances and made it, and you can too.

KA, it's great to see you post again and still quit. We both know that caving never solves anything, it just feeds the nicotine slave-master.

Euty, day 4,408 nicotine-FREE!

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, Eutychus said:

KA, it's great to see you post again and still quit. We both know that caving never solves anything, it just feeds the nicotine slave-master.

Euty, day 4,408 nicotine-FREE!

Good to see you, too, Euty! Glad to see you're still about a month ahead of me. Never want to pass you, buddy!

• Like 1

So im Killshot and apparently I was supposed to introduce my self in this section not creat a new topic. So here I am quit day was 9-21-2018. I am very happy about being quit and I am already feeling 110% better and it get easier day by day. Im in the December 2018 Quit group. Thank you for all your support. My hobbies are hunting and fishing outdoor stuff mainly. I created a hunting thread in leisure time and no one has responded, I hope there is some other hunters in here since it is hunting season. I have already been on an Elk Hunt (unsucessfull) next is deer rifle. Glad to be quit with all of you!!!

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:47 AM, Killshot said:

So im Killshot and apparently I was supposed to introduce my self in this section not creat a new topic. So here I am quit day was 9-21-2018. I am very happy about being quit and I am already feeling 110% better and it get easier day by day. Im in the December 2018 Quit group. Thank you for all your support. My hobbies are hunting and fishing outdoor stuff mainly. I created a hunting thread in leisure time and no one has responded, I hope there is some other hunters in here since it is hunting season. I have already been on an Elk Hunt (unsucessfull) next is deer rifle. Glad to be quit with all of you!!!

Welcome, Killshot! Despite our somewhat similar names, I'm not a hunter. But we are both quitters, and that's what matters. Tomorrow will be your 10th day...welcome to double digits! Keep up the good work.

9 hours ago, Killerattorney said:

Welcome, Killshot! Despite our somewhat similar names, I'm not a hunter. But we are both quitters, and that's what matters. Tomorrow will be your 10th day...welcome to double digits! Keep up the good work.

Thanks man

On 9/29/2018 at 1:47 AM, Killshot said:

Welcome, Killshot! Glad you are here and sticking with us. I am working on getting some things straightened out/cleaned up in the quit groups...my apologies. 

I am a hunter as well. I'll check out your post in the leisure time. 

If you need anything, just holler. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, but I check in almost daily. 

12 years ago today, I quit using Copenhagen and any other nicotine products. October 1 is a great day to quit. I highly recommend you quit today if you haven't already. Thanks goes to everyone on QSSN, but especially to my quit brothers in the LTQ (Jan 2007 quit group). I'm not on the site much anymore, but I'll still drop in from time to time just to say hello. And I highly recommend the newer quitters to spend as much time as possible on the site, reading and posting and getting to know other quitters.

• Like 1

I caved after about five years. Dipped for a couple a years after I caved. Now, throwing away the can again. Can’t ever dip once or back to a can a day. Trust me on this. 

• Sad 1

Quit yesterday. I began my addiction in the late 70's as a teenager, quit in 1992, started back up in 1998. I'm done.

• Like 2