Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
redhawk41

I need to find another alternative to chew besides sleep

My go to thing to do in the evenings after work to avoid focusing on missing chew is to just go to bed for the evening. It's not helpful at this point, as I'm missing out on my family.

I need to suck it up and just embrace the suck and go for a walk or something!

Your body and mind are going through great changes during the early days of your quit. Living without dip is like learning to walk. So it's not surprising that your body and mind might need the extra rest. At this point, your only priority should be hitting the pillow tonight without having to take a dip today. That, my friend, is a raving success. Family and/or work will have to take a backseat for a little while. It's all temporary. Hopefully you can talk with your family and let them know that you might be indisposed for a couple weeks. Everyone will be just fine.

This is a temporary suck that pays big time dividends back. But the quit seems to have a timeline of its own. You only have control over what goes in your mouth.

Also, what you expressed here is very similar to what most quitters are going through in the early stages. Hang in there. A walk or any other exercise will certainly help. I even recommend fake dip. It fools your brain somewhat and gets you through those high trigger moments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redhawk41 said:

My go to thing to do in the evenings after work to avoid focusing on missing chew is to just go to bed for the evening. It's not helpful at this point, as I'm missing out on my family.

I need to suck it up and just embrace the suck and go for a walk or something!

Like @rwm3892 said, your brain is literally having to rewrite itself as it erases those nic receptors. That’s some hard ass work for sure! However, idle time is the nic bitch’s playground. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of exercise. In fact, going for a walk could be the best medicine. Go it alone or drag the fam with you. Even if it’s only 15 minutes. Most of the times, that’s all it takes. 

Great work Redhawk!

• Like 1