Quit Smokeless Community

Sunday  Nov 4

quitters

aug4 -93 days. 

RWM -607- looking forward to another day of not wrecking my mouth. NDT.

Sunday  Nov 4

quitters

aug4 -93 days. 

FoodBuzz -309- That dip stuff is just horse shit! NDT!

Sunday  Nov 4

quitters

aug4 -93 days. 

STS: 704: Not in my mouth damn it.  ODAAT

Sunday  Nov 4

quitters

aug4 -93 days. 

Tank - Day 80 - I really don't miss picking bits of fiberglass infused tobacco out of my gums.  NDT!

STS: 704: Not in my mouth damn it.  ODAAT

Monday Nov 5

quitters

aug4 -94 days.  Getting ready to go on a Monday. Saying no for today. Wish I had said no way way back when I first started this habit. But we can’t change the past.  We can only live today.  Let us all stick together NDT

Edited by Aug418quit

Monday Nov 5

quitters

aug4 -94 days.  Getting ready to go on a Monday. Saying no for today. Wish I had said no way way back when I first started this habit. But we can’t change the past.  We can only live today.  Let us all stick together NDT

Tank - Day 81 - Joining Aug for some solid Monday quit.  NFDT!

Monday Nov 5

quitters

FoodBuzz -310- Here’s to creating better cleaner habits! NDT!

Monday Nov 5

quitters

STS - 705: I want in on this quitting action.  ODAAT

Monday Nov 5

quitters

PMFJ -457 - No shame in this Quit!! NMFD!!

Random thought all. I am on the last week to 100. And I am super excited to be getting ready for this milestone. But should I be?  There is still work to be done to keep on quitting for good.  But I am feeling good and having a real sense of accomplishment about what has been done to date. I kind of want to dance on a table and shout for joy but concerned that I may not be thinking about what all is still to come.  Another funny thing. I don’t have to swing by the atm near as much as I used to!

9 minutes ago, Aug418quit said:

Random thought all. I am on the last week to 100. And I am super excited to be getting ready for this milestone. But should I be?  There is still work to be done to keep on quitting for good.  But I am feeling good and having a real sense of accomplishment about what has been done to date. I kind of want to dance on a table and shout for joy but concerned that I may not be thinking about what all is still to come.  Another funny thing. I don’t have to swing by the atm near as much as I used to!

Aug,  100 days and the HOF is huge and we will all celebrate with you.  I suggest you get yourself a HOF coin as well.  However, here comes the caution.  I have seen WAY too many quitters hit the 100 days (HOF) as the big milestone and then have a let down when the 100 day goal is gone. Many lose their focus and cave shortly after 100 days.  I had some of my toughest days between 100 and 250 days.  The main thing is to: Keep Doing What You Are Doing Now!!   Post every day, read others posts everyday, and post support everyday.  If you need help, contact me or one of your many other quit brothers on this site.   I am looking at my HOF coin sitting next to me on my desk, and it still makes me very proud.  I am 25 days away from two years quit, but I will take each day one day at a time. 

Monday Nov 5

quitters

PMFJ -457 - No shame in this Quit!! NMFD!!

RWM -608- 100 days: The Hall of Fame is not a destination. It is a milestone to aim for. It is an overlook where you can see where you came. It is a time for celebration. It is a time for reflection. It is a time to cement the ideals and principles that got you here. After 100 days things got real for me. I had to confront the  concept that I was going to stay in the game for the long term and it was going to require commitment, time, and energy. We quit one day at a time emotionally. But our minds need to be prepared for conditions on the road ahead. I'm working through today, but aiming for day 700. Then I'll celebrate again. Do something nice for myself; share the victory with my quit brothers here. And then sign up for 1 day and the next 100 days. 
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Aug418quit said:

STS & RWM have great points. I’ll add my point too. 

100 shows you have the tools to get through hard waves and low spots. I caved at 150 days 8 years ago, I stopped posting and got what I call “quit comfort”.

Yes hard waves and low spots still happen post 100. Use the tools you’ve learned to get you too 100. For me it’s still posting and winning the day with others.

5 main guys from my group who hit 100, 2 post regularly, 2 every once in a while, and 1 doesn’t post any more. All 5 are still quit, we check in with each other from time to time. Your continuing quit drive is up to you and depends on what works for you. Continue to do what it takes to reach your goal, keep that drive alive.

Absolutely celebrate 100!! Shout it at the top of your lungs on the way into work. Like RWM said it’s a great overlook. Just remember that there is day 101 and ODAAT will continue to be a strong source of Quit drive.

Cheers

Tuesday Nov 6

quitters

aug4 - 95 - quitting with everyone today. Thanks for info regarding day 100 and beyond yesterday. 

Tuesday Nov 6

quitters

aug4 - 95 - quitting with everyone today. Thanks for info regarding day 100 and beyond yesterday

Supporters: -311- Quit with Aug and Tank! Here’s to ODAAT and showing ourselves that we can be in control of ourselves and getting our self respect back!

Tuesday Nov 6

quitters

aug4 - 95 - quitting with everyone today. Thanks for info regarding day 100 and beyond yesterday

Supporters:

Foodbuzz -311- Quit with Aug and Tank! Here’s to ODAAT and showing ourselves that we can be in control of ourselves and getting our self respect back!

STS - 706: Damn glad to be here and damn glad to be quit with you.  ODAAT

Tuesday Nov 6

quitters

Supporters:

Foodbuzz -311- Quit with Aug and Tank! Here’s to ODAAT and showing ourselves that we can be in control of ourselves and getting our self respect back!

RWM -609- everybody writes their own quit story and every single one is amazing. ndt.

Tuesday Nov 6

quitters

Tank - 81 - Good stuff about the HOF.  One thing I've learned, like others have said, is to figure out whatever works for you to stay focused on your quit.  I like the idea of posting day one at every 100 days.  Also, I'm suffering from Bronchitis.  Got if from cleaning out a hoarders house that was bought at auction.  Definitely no desire to dip today.

Supporters:

RWM -609- everybody writes their own quit story and every single one is amazing. ndt.

Tuesday Nov 6

quitters

Tank - 81 - Good stuff about the HOF.  One thing I've learned, like others have said, is to figure out whatever works for you to stay focused on your quit.  I like the idea of posting day one at every 100 days.  Also, I'm suffering from Bronchitis.  Got if from cleaning out a hoarders house that was bought at auction.  Definitely no desire to dip today.

Supporters:

PMFJ - 458 - Keeping my distance form the NB today. NMFD!!

Dipless duo

Wednesday Nov 7

quitters

aug4 - 96 - making the pledge  no tobacco or nicotine today

Supporters:

Dipless duo

Wednesday Nov 7

quitters

Supporters:

RWM -610 -me too.

Dipless duo

Wednesday Nov 7

quitters

Supporters:

RWM -610 -me too.

STS - 707: Count me in as well

Dipless duo

Wednesday Nov 7

quitters

Tank - Day 82 - I pledge allegiance to the NO TOBACCO FLAG today!

Supporters:

RWM -610 -me too.

Dipless duo

Wednesday Nov 7

quitters

Tank - Day 82 - I pledge allegiance to the NO TOBACCO FLAG today!

Supporters:

RWM -610 -me too.

FoodBuzz -312- I'm going dipless today.