Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
DBCH

ONE HELL OF A RIDE

This is for everyone who comes after me and anyone who came before me,when u are scrolling through these speeches,maybe you'll read this and hopefully it will inspire you,or possibly give you hope or strength,to help you quit or to help you stay quit. I don't have a profound reason for quitting or anything like that. I'm a regular person like all of you,I'm not any different or any better...I to have been addicted to nicotine...I guess I always will be...but my goal is to never put dip in my mouth again. Let me start from the beginning...I had my first dip when I was about 6 yrs old with my cousin who was about 5 yrs older than me,no this is not when I officially started dipping,lol...I puked instantly,cuz I swallowed it like candy. I took my first official chew that started me on a 27 year addiction to the nic bitch. I got a chew from another cousin at the age of 13...we were playing football at the time...then I would put one in doing yard work and stuff like that or farm work. I completely became addicted at 14...I would put one in,when I could,playing football, working,doing anything outside ..even in school,by this time,I would just tuck it in the back and that was it...I was only ever caught 2 times from 8th grade until I graduated. After I graduated,I had one in at work,in the morning,after lunch,up until I ate dinner,after dinner...and after a snack right before bed. As of now, once I'm full,which takes quite a while now,I still do have the urge to put a chew in and right before bed...but the urges and cravings are getting less and less strong. I also have to say here,that once you get through a couple of cravings,you learn how to deal with them and how to cope with them,they also last less and less as time goes on. In my addiction.. I have to say that I have loved nicotine and at times,I have thought that I would never quit ...and quite frankly,I didn't want to,for most of those 27 years. I had tried to quit quite a few times,but I know now that I wasn't that committed. Recently,I had been on another site like this and I caved...I also caved on this site as well...and I was called out for it and the person who called me out,has since quit posting,but I hope they haven't caved. I hope that I can be an inspiration to other people who have had as hard of a time quitting as I have,or anyone who might be a serial quitter...this habit is horrible... it's not wrong to cave, it's only wrong to quit trying to quit. The main reason that I think this quit is for good is because of God and my commitment to stay quit. I have finally let go and let God...he has blessed me with will power,strength, commitment,and the resolve and motivation to stay completely quit. God also blessed me with a great support,great family and my awesome support group that I have found on this site ...I have to say a special thanks to RWM,PMFJ,and STS...you guys have no idea how much you have helped me. I also have to say,be ready for bouts with rage,mood swings and an emotional roller coaster...one thing that has helped me is kava tea for helping to keep me calm and focus tea,which are both in the tea section,next to the coffee section in Walmart. I also learned recently that hypoglycemia,which is low sugar and being hungry can also feel like a nicotine craving ...so don't skip meals ... trust me,this really does help ...another thing is to stay hydrated,drink plenty of water,this also helps....another thing that I have learned is that nicotine eats caffeine,and now that we don't use nicotine,we are now getting every bit of the caffeine that we are drinking,I know for me, caffeine sometimes causes me to be edgy...so plz try to cut back on caffeine...also try to get plenty of sleep...in addition to these,at first you will probably have a hard time focusing...the focus tea mixed with the kava tea helps with staying calm and focused....it does get easier with time...we all have to remember,that we are healing and everyone is going to heal differently and at different rates...the main thing is to keep the crap out of our mouths...and post every day...stay committed to quitting and committed to your brothers and sisters in quit...do whatever it takes to stay quit...do whatever u need to do ...it doesn't matter what you do ..just don't dip...ONE SECOND AT A TIME...ONE MINUTE AT A TIME...ONE HOUR AT A TIME...ONE DAY AT A TIME ...good luck to all of you and God Bless

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1