Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Victor

Roll Call

If you quit between 10/25/2018 - 11/21/2018 this is your quit group.

To join this group all you have to do is quit dipping and post Roll Call

How to post roll call. (updated!)

:geek:Get the Contract to Give Up Print it out and carry it in your wallet

Click Here for a room to exchange phone numbers. Accountability is key

Wednesday October 31st. 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Markymarkk: Day 26!!  Bam, Rick, and Nick; I hope you post today. Halloween parties can be dangerous for the quit.  

Supporters:

FoodBuzz -305- Mind over matter. Just say to yourself that dipping isn’t going to happen today. It all boils down to the choices we make. We are in charge of today. NAT!

Click Here for a room to exchange phone numbers. Accountability is key

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- day 6. I stepped on the scales this morning, I've gained 4 pounds already. I hope that slows down. Where are my fellow quitters this morning...post up!!

Markymarkk: Day 26!!  Bam, Rick, and Nick; I hope you post today. Halloween parties can be dangerous for the quit.  

Supporters:

FoodBuzz -305- Mind over matter. Just say to yourself that dipping isn’t going to happen today. It all boils down to the choices we make. We are in charge of today. NAT!

Edited by nick40142

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- day 6. I stepped on the scales this morning, I've gained 4 pounds already. I hope that slows down. Where are my fellow quitters this morning...post up!!

Supporters:

FoodBuzz -305- Mind over matter. Just say to yourself that dipping isn’t going to happen today. It all boils down to the choices we make. We are in charge of today. NAT!

STS - 700: Nick the weight gain will slow down.  I know when I was first quitting, that exercise was key to both helping control the weight gain but also relieving some of the stress.  OK, stress is such a mild word.  It helped me to deal with the irritability, pissyness, anger and fucking rage.  Ah - it felt so much better to say it that way.  Weight gain does not matter, foul pissy moods do not matter.  All that matters right now is the #1 priority - no dip in the lip.   Let's win the day.

Click Here for a room to exchange phone numbers. Accountability is key.

Wednesday, October 31 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Rick - day 4. All I have is bitching, complaining, and whining. All I'm going to say is here.

Supporters Sign Here:

35 minutes ago, See The Spector said:

Quitters Sign Here:

Rick - day 4. All I have is bitching, complaining, and whining. All I'm going to say is here.

Bam - Day 7.  First milestone.  Gotta keep grinding. Nothing about this is easy but we all want and need to quit.  If we cave now all the ground we have made so far is lost. We are all through the hardest part. Let's be stubborn sons of bitches together and keep quit.

35 minutes ago, See The Spector said:

Supporters:

STS - 700: Nick the weight gain will slow down.  I know when I was first quitting, that exercise was key to both helping control the weight gain but also relieving some of the stress.  OK, stress is such a mild word.  It helped me to deal with the irritability, pissyness, anger and fucking rage.  Ah - it felt so much better to say it that way.  Weight gain does not matter, foul pissy moods do not matter.  All that matters right now is the #1 priority - no dip in the lip.   Let's win the day.

Quitters Sign Here:

Rick - day 4. All I have is bitching, complaining, and whining. All I'm going to say is here.

Bam - Day 7.  First milestone.  Gotta keep grinding. Nothing about this is easy but we all want and need to quit.  If we cave now all the ground we have made so far is lost. We are all through the hardest part. Let's be stubborn sons of bitches together and keep quit.

Supporters:

SC - 258 - keep up the good work guys!

PMFJ - 452 - No tricks today guys! Stay focused on the quit!! NMFD!!

:geek:Get the Contract to Give Up Print it out and carry it in your wallet

Quitters Sign Here:

Kevin - Day 1.  I just want to apologize for not reaching out for help in a difficult time and losing the quit I had going.  It really sucks to be addicted to something so very badly.  I really felt like I had a good quit going and then bam it’s over in a blink of the eye.  I realize that kickin a forty year habit is not gonna be easy and I need a better plan.  I am grateful that I came back and posted day 1.

Supporters:

• Like 1

Quitters Sign Here:

Kevin - Day 1.  I just want to apologize for not reaching out for help in a difficult time and losing the quit I had going.  It really sucks to be addicted to something so very badly.  I really felt like I had a good quit going and then bam it’s over in a blink of the eye.  I realize that kickin a forty year habit is not gonna be easy and I need a better plan.  I am grateful that I came back and posted day 1.

Supporters:

RWM-603- way to clear that clusterfuck up, PMFJ. Good job quitters. Keep posting even if you don't get it right. You can always do what SC did. I would recommend you stay clear of the QUOTE function on roll call posts. It just doesn't work well except to respond to small blurbs. I don't know how your phones work, but I use cutting and pasting with my phone (and laptop occasionally). It's still rough even after lots of practice. We excuse imperfect posts. Welcome back Kevin. Use all the resources here as intended and you will succeed.

Aug4 89 days

Kevin

You will make it this time. I had recently just posted in the November group that i was wishing that Kevin and Wiser would join a new group again. So am happy to see you back on the quit train. 

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

RWM-603- way to clear that clusterfuck up, PMFJ. Good job quitters. Keep posting even if you don't get it right. You can always do what SC did. I would recommend you stay clear of the QUOTE function on roll call posts. It just doesn't work well except to respond to small blurbs. I don't know how your phones work, but I use cutting and pasting with my phone (and laptop occasionally). It's still rough even after lots of practice. We excuse imperfect posts. Welcome back Kevin. Use all the resources here as intended and you will succeed.

Aug4 89 days

UncleBubba - 5483 - Kevin, learn from past quit.  Ask yourself what happened and what you're going to do differently this time when faced with the same obstacles.  Use this site as much as possible, reach out to other quitters, trade phone numbers, build your support team.

Edited by PapaBubba

20 minutes ago, Aug418quit said:

Aug4 89 days

Kevin

You will make it this time. I had recently just posted in the November group that i was wishing that Kevin and Wiser would join a new group again. So am happy to see you back on the quit train. 

Thanks Aug4. I am gonna make it and going to use every resource intended to do so.

Welcome aboard Kevin. This group doesn't have a name yet but we are all in.  You join this group and we have got your back but you also need to have ours. The 4 of us can to this together, and quite literally save each other's lives

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

Aug4 89 days

UncleBubba - 5483 - Kevin, learn from past quit.  Ask yourself what happened and what you're going to do differently this time when faced with the same obstacles.  Use this site as much as possible, reach out to other quitters, trade phone numbers, build your support team.

bflem-1,112- i love seeing new groups form like this one. keep at it gents.  ndt!

MarkyMark, I don't know what the rules are but even though you are ahead of us you should join our group brother. There's support here and we're all quitting together and posting together. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bam327 said:

MarkyMark, I don't know what the rules are but even though you are ahead of us you should join our group brother. There's support here and we're all quitting together and posting together. 

I’ve seen that work before. Super helpful for group dynamics and quit assistance. All in all this is a good group shaping up here and guess what...???? We all hate dip and how it’s messed with our lives! NDT! Trade numbers, if you’re serious on quitting. Lean on others and be available to be leaned on. It’s saved many of us and we all have personal experiences of help beyond just posting here.

Bam, congrats on making the first week. I'll be there tomorrow.

Kevin, welcome to the group. Like they say misery loves company, but at least this misery doesn't look like a rotting face.

Rick, keep on bitching with no dipping. Good job brother, hang in there.

To all the supporters, congrats to you all for making it as far as you have and thank you for the support and showing us it can be done.

Earlier today I was thinking about past failed quits. You know how it goes, you go a few days thinking how nice it would be to have just one more. Your mind overpowers you and you decide just one won't hurt. Then next thing you know you've caved to a crave. That first one it never seems to measure up to what your mind thinks it will, before you know it days have passed and you're back to a can plus a day. Why bother with that disappointment? Never quit quitting!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bam327 said:

Welcome aboard Kevin. This group doesn't have a name yet but we are all in.  You join this group and we have got your back but you also need to have ours. The 4 of us can to this together, and quite literally save each other's lives

Thanks man, this is quite the busy group and glad to be part of it.  Just trying to grind out this day.

One crave, one hour, one day at a time.  I promise as bad as things get, you will feel worse if you quit quitting. And you know what will happen if you quit quitting right? One day you're going to get a sore that feels and looks a bit different. You're going to go get checked out and then it's game over. Oral cancer has one of the highest mortality rates.  If you (we) are lucky we will "just" lose half our face.  We will most certainly lose our dignity and our life savings and some of us our jobs (I'm in sales, ain't no one buying from a guy with half a face). 

And Nick is very right, as bad as the crave is, the time you give in will never be as good as you think it will. I promise that one chew will send you back to where you left off, and most likely worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bam327 said:

One crave, one hour, one day at a time.  I promise as bad as things get, you will feel worse if you quit quitting. And you know what will happen if you quit quitting right? One day you're going to get a sore that feels and looks a bit different. You're going to go get checked out and then it's game over. Oral cancer has one of the highest mortality rates.  If you (we) are lucky we will "just" lose half our face.  We will most certainly lose our dignity and our life savings and some of us our jobs (I'm in sales, ain't no one buying from a guy with half a face). 

And Nick is very right, as bad as the crave is, the time you give in will never be as good as you think it will. I promise that one chew will send you back to where you left off, and most likely worse.

Ask anyone that has caved if they got the reward they thought they would for caving, or if their problem went away, or the wife stopped nagging you, or your job/school got better.  I'd say 99% of the people would tell you no.  A cave fixes nothing, and puts you back at day 0 wishing you were back at day X.

5 hours ago, PapaBubba said:

Ask anyone that has caved if they got the reward they thought they would for caving, or if their problem went away, or the wife stopped nagging you, or your job/school got better.  I'd say 99% of the people would tell you no.  A cave fixes nothing, and puts you back at day 0 wishing you were back at day X.

My cave fixed nothing other than a short term mental satisfaction... it’s the same old shit/different day and wishing I was back at day X.  The struggle is real and something we are gonna have to deal with for the rest of our lives.

Yes and no. We are all always going to be addicts. We may never feel 100% completely normal, like how we did before we ever had our first dip, but I will tell you around the 3-4 week mark things take a turn. You can't let your guard down but life isn't miserable like it is now. Everyone's quit is different but I promise that in time you won't feel anywhere close to how you feel now.

Thursday November 1st. 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - day 8.  Not dipping today. I'm ready for what today brings me.  Yesterday was a bit harder than day 6 which I wasn't expecting.  But today I'm ready for whatever the nic bitch throws at me, I'm going to fight back tooth and nail. I will NOT be putting that shit in my mouth today. 

Supporters:

•  
Edited by Bam327

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - day 8.  Not dipping today. I'm ready for what today brings me.  Yesterday was a bit harder than day 6 which I wasn't expecting.  But today I'm ready for whatever the nic bitch throws at me, I'm going to fight back tooth and nail. I will NOT be putting that shit in my mouth today. 

Nick- day 7. One whole week with no dip and I will not dip today. 

Supporters:

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - day 8.  Not dipping today. I'm ready for what today brings me.  Yesterday was a bit harder than day 6 which I wasn't expecting.  But today I'm ready for whatever the nic bitch throws at me, I'm going to fight back tooth and nail. I will NOT be putting that shit in my mouth today. 

Nick- day 7. One whole week with no dip and I will not dip today. 

Supporters:

Kevin - day 2 it was a frustrating day yesterday but ready to tackle today!