Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Victor

Roll Call

If you quit between 10/25/2018 - 11/21/2018 this is your quit group.

To join this group all you have to do is quit dipping and post Roll Call

How to post roll call. (updated!)

:geek:Get the Contract to Give Up Print it out and carry it in your wallet

Click Here for a room to exchange phone numbers. Accountability is key

Monday November 5,  2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - day 12.  Welcome Killshot. We've got this together. Good job Nick and Kevin. Today is my first day back to work after having my child. I'm especially on guard today.

KillShot - Day 2 ODAAT I got this quit with you all

Nick- Day 11. Does anyone know of a support group to help me kick the seed habit with the time comes? I went from 1.5-2 cans a day to 2 bags of seeds a day, but is does help with the cravings. Welcome aboard KillShot, let's make this be the one that sticks. As it is I think we've lost a couple already, can't lose any more.

Supporters:

Aug4 day 94 -  you guys keep up the quit  you got this

FoodBuzz -310- I hate dip! I love the support we get from this site. It’s nice to be able to lean on one another, be that support for a fellow quitter, and grow together in this quit. Welcome back Killshot. We missed you for a while...what’s up? What happened? What are you planning to do differently this time to keep that crap out of your mouth?

RWM -608- happy quit monday. We can all work together to beat this addiction today. Lets keep our heads right. NDT.

UncleBubba - 5488  - Welcome to the group Killshot.  What are you going to do differently this time so you don't have to post a day 1 again in the future? 

Tiger - 2112 - Do whatever it takes to keep that shit outta your pie hole today. YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CAVE! I REPEAT....YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CAVE! I don't care how shitty your day goes, ain't nothing worth caving over. Not one damn thing. You are here winning for a REASON. STICK TO IT. 

Monday November 5,  2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - day 12.  Welcome Killshot. We've got this together. Good job Nick and Kevin. Today is my first day back to work after having my child. I'm especially on guard today.

Nick- Day 11. Does anyone know of a support group to help me kick the seed habit with the time comes? I went from 1.5-2 cans a day to 2 bags of seeds a day, but is does help with the cravings. Welcome aboard KillShot, let's make this be the one that sticks. As it is I think we've lost a couple already, can't lose any more.

Supporters:

FoodBuzz -310- I hate dip! I love the support we get from this site. It’s nice to be able to lean on one another, be that support for a fellow quitter, and grow together in this quit. Welcome back Killshot. We missed you for a while...what’s up? What happened? What are you planning to do differently this time to keep that crap out of your mouth?

RWM -608- happy quit monday. We can all work together to beat this addiction today. Lets keep our heads right. NDT.

UncleBubba - 5488  - Welcome to the group Killshot.  What are you going to do differently this time so you don't have to post a day 1 again in the future? 

Tiger - 2112 - Do whatever it takes to keep that shit outta your pie hole today. YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CAVE! I REPEAT....YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CAVE! I don't care how shitty your day goes, ain't nothing worth caving over. Not one damn thing. You are here winning for a REASON. STICK TO IT.

STS - 705: I thought I had something to say today, but Tiger said it for me.  Let's do this.  We all know that quitting sucks at first, but being a slave to the can sucks a whole lot worse.   Oh an Nick, the seed habit will most likely taper off and end on its own in several weeks or months.  If not, get some unsalted seeds and use them for a long as you like.  I asked "The Spector" (my oral surgeon) and he said that he has never had to remove part of someones face because of using sunflower seeds.  Unfortunately, he cannot say the same about tobacco.  If no tobacco goes in your lip, then you win.  Let's win the day!

Edited by See The Spector

Monday November 5,  2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Kevin Day 6. Congrats Bam and welcome back KillShot.

Supporters:

RWM -608- happy quit monday. We can all work together to beat this addiction today. Lets keep our heads right. NDT.

Tiger - 2112 - Do whatever it takes to keep that shit outta your pie hole today. YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CAVE! I REPEAT....YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CAVE! I don't care how shitty your day goes, ain't nothing worth caving over. Not one damn thing. You are here winning for a REASON. STICK TO IT. 

Monday November 5,  2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

STS - 705: I thought I had something to say today, but Tiger said it for me.  Let's do this.  We all know that quitting sucks at first, but being a slave to the can sucks a whole lot worse.   Oh an Nick, the seed habit will most likely taper off and end on its own in several weeks or months.  If not, get some unsalted seeds and use them for a long as you like.  I asked "The Spector" (my oral surgeon) and he said that he has never had to remove part of someones face because of using sunflower seeds.  Unfortunately, he cannot say the same about tobacco.  If no tobacco goes in your lip, then you win.  Let's win the day!

Bam- congrats on the baby. My wife and I are starting the process of adopting a little girl. I was thinking she has never seen me dip, and she never will. You can say the same thing about your bundle of joy, that baby will never see you with a pinch in your lip. For most things it's about learning to do them with out dip being part of the process, it's great to have something that has never been influenced by dipping. 

Edited by nick40142

4 hours ago, nick40142 said:

Bam- congrats on the baby. My wife and I are starting the process of adopting a little girl. I was thinking she has never seen me dip, and she never will. You can say the same thing about your bundle of joy, that baby will never see you with a pinch in your lip. For most things it's about learning to do them with out dip being part of the process, it's great to have something that has never been influenced by dipping. 

Thanks Nick. It was important to me that I never had another one after she was born. I had her birthday set as my quit date for a long time - several months. 

Now if I can stop eating all the freaking time I'll be in a good spot. I'm going to need weight watchers after this. I've gained 7 lbs so far.

Monday November 5,  2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

bflem-1,118- i could smell the quit in here from down the block. well done gents. lets put another quit day in the books. ndt!

4 hours ago, bflem said:

Monday November 5,  2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

bflem-1,118- i could smell the quit in here from down the block. well done gents. lets put another quit day in the books. ndt!

What happened I had people around me that dipped I said no several times and then I thought to myself 1 dip isn't going to kill me and I was 100% wrong I continued even though I wanted to quit, it was like I felt that I needed it more than ever. What am I gonna do differently, I am going to stick to my guns if I say no that is what I mean. I ask myself each time I get a crave. Do I need it or want it. My answer is I don't want it anymore. Thanks for all the support. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killshot said:

What happened I had people around me that dipped I said no several times and then I thought to myself 1 dip isn't going to kill me and I was 100% wrong I continued even though I wanted to quit, it was like I felt that I needed it more than ever. What am I gonna do differently, I am going to stick to my guns if I say no that is what I mean. I ask myself each time I get a crave. Do I need it or want it. My answer is I don't want it anymore. Thanks for all the support. 

We are all one dip away from a can a day. All of us.

I would strongly suggest staying away from anyone that dips for the next couple of weeks, if possible. If these dippers are your friends, tell them why. They will understand. If they don’t, then they aren’t worth your friendship. If it’s a work situation, that’s a bit tougher. 

Tuesday November 6,  2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- Day 12. Yesterday I tried Baccoff, it helped a little. Something different than seeds and gum. But I had to go in a smoke shop to buy it, my old buddy was yelling at me from the shelf. I could feel the anxiety rising until I left the store. It sucks something that is so bad for us can have such a hold on us. Stay strong fellow quitters.

I almost forgot, go vote today. I served 20 years in the Army to help keep this right, please exercise that right. 

Edited by nick40142

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- Day 12. Yesterday I tried Baccoff, it helped a little. Something different than seeds and gum. But I had to go in a smoke shop to buy it, my old buddy was yelling at me from the shelf. I could feel the anxiety rising until I left the store. It sucks something that is so bad for us can have such a hold on us. Stay strong fellow quitters.

I almost forgot, go vote today. I served 20 years in the Army to help keep this right, please exercise that right. 

Bam - Day 13. NDT.  Nick, one thing I do occasionally is dip a cotton ball in mouthwash. It's not as bad as it sounds.  Just make sure you spit and not swallow the mouthwash.  Thanks for your service. Good luck killshot, way to get back on the horse.  Keep up the good work Kevin, you're starting to rack up the days now.

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - Day 13. NDT.  Nick, one thing I do occasionally is dip a cotton ball in mouthwash. It's not as bad as it sounds.  Just make sure you spit and not swallow the mouthwash.  Thanks for your service. Good luck killshot, way to get back on the horse.  Keep up the good work Kevin, you're starting to rack up the days now

Killshot - 3 rough morning I made it passed tge store though

KillShot, those rough mornings are what seperate the men from the boys. Stay strong brother, no matter how rough your morning is a cave is rougher. 

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - Day 13. NDT.  Nick, one thing I do occasionally is dip a cotton ball in mouthwash. It's not as bad as it sounds.  Just make sure you spit and not swallow the mouthwash.  Thanks for your service. Good luck killshot, way to get back on the horse.  Keep up the good work Kevin, you're starting to rack up the days now

Supporters:

FoodBuzz -311- Fine group here! You can feel the desire to quit. Early postings preparing for the day is a great sign. Quitting with you all. Keep that crap out of your life. NDT

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

FoodBuzz -311- Fine group here! You can feel the desire to quit. Early postings preparing for the day is a great sign. Quitting with you all. Keep that crap out of your life. NDT

RWM -609- PM each other and introduce yourselves. Trade methods about how you get through each crave. Glad to see you guys doing that above. Sunflower seeds and fake dip helped me immensely for the first 100 days. Not saying it'll work for you,  it tasted like shit,  but the point is to keep experimenting. I also didn't like that I had to purchase fake dip from the tobacco section of the store. I think that's why I quit using the stuff. Dip is not an option today. We'll figure the rest out. 

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

RWM -609- PM each other and introduce yourselves. Trade methods about how you get through each crave. Glad to see you guys doing that above. Sunflower seeds and fake dip helped me immensely for the first 100 days. Not saying it'll work for you,  it tasted like shit,  but the point is to keep experimenting. I also didn't like that I had to purchase fake dip from the tobacco section of the store. I think that's why I quit using the stuff. Dip is not an option today. We'll figure the rest out. 

STS - 706:  I found that a cotton ball combined with a stick of sugar-free wintergreen gum made a great quit-aid that had a "draw" very similar to dip and caused one to spit.   I no longer use that.  If I need a quit aid now, I use TeaZa pouches.  They come in caffeinated and decaf and many flavors.  Unlike Grinds coffee pouches, which seem to lose their flavor after about 20 min) Teaza pouches seem to give a nice flavor for about 8 hours, and no spitting required.  Bottom line - Do WHATEVER it takes not to put tobacco in your mouth.  ODAAT

14 hours ago, Killshot said:

Glad you came back instead of dipping for years.  There will always be temptation, remember the reasons for quitting every time your faced with it.  Keeping fighting through.

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

STS - 706:  I found that a cotton ball combined with a stick of sugar-free wintergreen gum made a great quit-aid that had a "draw" very similar to dip and caused one to spit.   I no longer use that.  If I need a quit aid now, I use TeaZa pouches.  They come in caffeinated and decaf and many flavors.  Unlike Grinds coffee pouches, which seem to lose their flavor after about 20 min) Teaza pouches seem to give a nice flavor for about 8 hours, and no spitting required.  Bottom line - Do WHATEVER it takes not to put tobacco in your mouth.  ODAAT

UncleBubba - 5489 - Congrats on 1 week Kevin!!

Edited by PapaBubba

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters:

PMFJ - 458 - NMFD!!

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- Day 12. Yesterday I tried Baccoff, it helped a little. Something different than seeds and gum. But I had to go in a smoke shop to buy it, my old buddy was yelling at me from the shelf. I could feel the anxiety rising until I left the store. It sucks something that is so bad for us can have such a hold on us. Stay strong fellow quitters.

Kevin 7 day quit.  Way to go killshot, quitting with Bam and Nick!

Supporters:

PMFJ - 458 - NMFD!!

I've never even heard if those. They sound delicious. 

Man am I irritable today. I think this is the most irritable I've been throughout my entire quit wasn't expecting this

Lol. I've never heard of Bigs seeds before. I went on their website and they have a really sweet search function where you can search by the product you want.  I found the taco Bell seeds 15 miles away. I'm going to have to make that trip

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- Day 12. Yesterday I tried Baccoff, it helped a little. Something different than seeds and gum. But I had to go in a smoke shop to buy it, my old buddy was yelling at me from the shelf. I could feel the anxiety rising until I left the store. It sucks something that is so bad for us can have such a hold on us. Stay strong fellow quitters.

Kevin 7 day quit.  Way to go killshot, quitting with Bam and Nick!

Supporters:

PMFJ - 458 - NMFD!!

Farley - 3876 - Going into the store was tough in the beginning but I always felt this nice little satisfaction that I was not blowing money on some nasty enslaving cancer dirt.  I voted to not dip today and I'm glad ya'll did the same!

Von Nanega here. Quit for about five years. Picked up a can about a year ago. Ready to quit again. Pissed at myself for dipping. Oh well, day one again.