Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flavius Victor

Roll Call

If you quit between 10/25/2018 - 11/21/2018 this is your quit group.

To join this group all you have to do is quit dipping and post Roll Call

How to post roll call. (updated!)

:geek:Get the Contract to Give Up Print it out and carry it in your wallet

Click Here for a room to exchange phone numbers. Accountability is key

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

FoodBuzz -299- I just went on a 3 day business trip. No wife or kids around and not one dip! Wouldn’t it be nice to be free? You’re in the right place. First steps are ditch the can and post that you want to quit. No dip today for me!

Here I am. Day 1. I've been here before. Many times. But you know what?  My third child was born today. I want to be there for her wedding and I'm not going to be if I continue to chew. For the past 18 years I've had a chew in nearly every waking moment. Today has been a challenge for sure but I didn't think about giving up once. I'm here because I want to be. This is going to be a fuckin bitch but I will do it.  I will do it.  Day ones is almost over. On to day two.

Edited by Bam327

Bam327-1 Here I am. Day 1. I've been here before. Many times. But you know what?  My third child was born today. I want to be there for her wedding and I'm not going to be if I continue to chew. For the past 18 years I've had a chew in nearly every waking moment. Today has been a challenge for sure but I didn't think about giving up once. I'm here because I want to be. This is going to be a fuckin bitch but I will do it.  I will do it.  Day ones is almost over. On to day two.

Bflem-1,105- Congrats on the third child bam. What a blessing. I'm glad you are back here. doesn't matter how matter times you have been here. important thing is you are back. hit me up for digits with a pm  if you want some accountability. otherwise, see you tomorrow. you know the drill. ndt!

Bam327-1 Here I am. Day 1. I've been here before. Many times. But you know what?  My third child was born today. I want to be there for her wedding and I'm not going to be if I continue to chew. For the past 18 years I've had a chew in nearly every waking moment. Today has been a challenge for sure but I didn't think about giving up once. I'm here because I want to be. This is going to be a fuckin bitch but I will do it.  I will do it.  Day ones is almost over. On to day two.

Bflem-1,105- Congrats on the third child bam. What a blessing. I'm glad you are back here. doesn't matter how matter times you have been here. important thing is you are back. hit me up for digits with a pm  if you want some accountability. otherwise, see you tomorrow. you know the drill. ndt!

STS - 694: Congrats to you and the family on adding another member.  You said it right - that you are quitting for you and you want to be here quitting with the rest of us.  Yea prior to 694 days ago, I had a dip in my mouth at all times other than sleep, eating, exercise or sex (and rushed through all four just to the damn dip back in my mouth).  I quit at the urging of my oral surgeon ..... it is much better to quit before ever needing an oral surgeon.  But in reality, I was truly sick of the slavery to tobacco and being lead around by my balls by a can of ground up leaves.  Yea it's gonna suck big time for a while, but you can do it.  Lots of dippers want to quit, but quitting means doing whatever it takes not to put that shit in your mouth.  If you are ready for the battle, then I will support you all the way.  Goal is to make it to bed today without dipping.   Tomorrow we will wake up and worry about tomorrow.  Let's win the day.   NDT!

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

FoodBuzz -299- I just went on a 3 day business trip. No wife or kids around and not one dip! Wouldn’t it be nice to be free? You’re in the right place. First steps are ditch the can and post that you want to quit. No dip today for me!

STS - 694: Congrats to you and the family on adding another member.  You said it right - that you are quitting for you and you want to be here quitting with the rest of us.  Yea prior to 694 days ago, I had a dip in my mouth at all times other than sleep, eating, exercise or sex (and rushed through all four just to the damn dip back in my mouth).  I quit at the urging of my oral surgeon ..... it is much better to quit before ever needing an oral surgeon.  But in reality, I was truly sick of the slavery to tobacco and being lead around by my balls by a can of ground up leaves.  Yea it's gonna suck big time for a while, but you can do it.  Lots of dippers want to quit, but quitting means doing whatever it takes not to put that shit in your mouth.  If you are ready for the battle, then I will support you all the way.  Goal is to make it to bed today without dipping.   Tomorrow we will wake up and worry about tomorrow.  Let's win the day.   NDT!

Farley - 3864- Hell yeah Bam!  That's a great motivator!!  3864 days ago I had skin peeling out of my lip.  Quitting is the best thing I ever did for myself.  It led me on a trail of health and happiness but it all started with just taking it one day at a time.  Just fight through today and keep your reasons front and center.  STS is right, do whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your lip today! 

Day 2. Not doing it today. Not even 1. I can't do that. As soon as I bum "just 1" or buy a can to have "just 1" or reward myself with "just 1" I will be back to 2 cans a day. Today I have none

October 26, 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

FoodBuzz -300- Welcome Bam! I too have been here before 2010. Caved 150 days in. Just one lead me to be a slave for an additional 7 years. I really hate dip/nicotine. I’m quitting with you today! Who else wants to join up today and choose a better life? Tomorrow quits never work, just today quits work.

October 26, 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

FoodBuzz -300- Welcome Bam! I too have been here before 2010. Caved 150 days in. Just one lead me to be a slave for an additional 7 years. I really hate dip/nicotine. I’m quitting with you today! Who else wants to join up today and choose a better life? Tomorrow quits never work, just today quits work.

Markymarkk-Day 21.  Bam, Ive beeen here before too. Back in 2010...it worked. I went 3  years nic free, then for some stupid reason, I feel back.  I now at 21 days...you can do it. Congrats on #3. I have 2.  Let me know if yo need to chat.

• Like 1

October 26, 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

Markymarkk-Day 21.  Bam, Ive beeen here before too. Back in 2010...it worked. I went 3  years nic free, then for some stupid reason, I feel back.  I now at 21 days...you can do it. Congrats on #3. I have 2.  Let me know if yo need to chat.

RWM -598- None today!

October 26, 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam327 - Day 2. Not doing it today. Not even 1. I can't do that. As soon as I bum "just 1" or buy a can to have "just 1" or reward myself with "just 1" I will be back to 2 cans a day. Today I have none

Supporters Sign Here:

RWM -598- None today!

STS - 695: Great to see you with us for day two.  I always said I was one did away from a can a day.  But damn man you said you are one dip away from two cans a day.  The freedom from slavery is reason enough to quit, the health reasons are more than enough reason to quit, but at two cans a day, you are gonna bank some serious money.  Let's just make it to bed time without dipping.  Do WHATEVER it takes not to dip.  ODAAT

Edited by See The Spector

October 26, 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam327 - Day 2. Not doing it today. Not even 1. I can't do that. As soon as I bum "just 1" or buy a can to have "just 1" or reward myself with "just 1" I will be back to 2 cans a day. Today I have none

Supporters Sign Here:

RWM -598- None today!

STS - 695: Great to see you with us for day two.  I always said I was one did away from a can a day.  But damn man you said you are one dip away from two cans a day.  The freedom from slavery is reason enough to quit, the health reasons are more than enough reason to quit, but at two cans a day, you are gonna bank some serious money.  Let's just make it to bed time without dipping.  Do WHATEVER it takes not to dip.  ODAAT

PMFJ - 447 - Welcome Bam! Congrats on kid 3! One plus a live in nephew is enough for me! Embrace the suck! Tommy two tins, huh? Around these parts, that's like $16/day for my old buddy Kodiak. Fuck that. Spend it on something useful or put it in an account for your kid. Enjoy the freedom. NMFD!! 

October 26, 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

RWM -598- None today!

PMFJ - 447 - Welcome Bam! Congrats on kid 3! One plus a live in nephew is enough for me! Embrace the suck! Tommy two tins, huh? Around these parts, that's like $16/day for my old buddy Kodiak. Fuck that. Spend it on something useful or put it in an account for your kid. Enjoy the freedom. NMFD!! 

bflem-1,107- good job bam. keep at it. ndt

Well it's 11:15 here and I've got day 2 in the bag. Some pretty intense cravings today but they always pass.  Pretty intense hunger cravings too. Wondering what kind of weight gain is going to happen with this quit but I really don't care about that right now. That's a worry for another day.  My focus right now is not putting that evil shit it my mouth for today.  Tomorrow I'll worry about losing some weight.

A couple of you guys mentioned about me chewing 2 cans a day. Well here's a pretty sad story for y'all.  4 and a half years ago I was in here and made my 100 days. I quit after chewing 2 cans a day for 14 years or so.  I was so freaking proud of myself and I was feeling fantastic.  I even had a life insurance policy and didn't have to get a higher rate because I didn't have any nicotine in my system and they can detect the craziest tiny amount with their blood work. So anyways, my wife knew I quit and was super proud and supportive of me. Well this dumb mother effer right here celebrated with "just 1 chew" after 100 days and just like that I was back to two cans a day.  Except this time I had my trusty Copenhagen straight during the day while I was without my wife and I had another can of Skoal pouches while at home. You know what's funny about these pouches?  They make the "extra" pouches extra slim and extra easier to swallow.  So assholes like me can hide them from anyone.  I can pack one on each side of my mouth and no one would have any idea, including my wife and kids.  I kept the can in my sock because it never made an imprint and was always on me. I went through nearly a full can of pouches a day during the work week and 2 a day on the weekend. I had a chew or pouch in from 30 minutes after I woke up to 30 minutes before I fell asleep.  I've even had sex with a pouch in because I was caught off guard.  I stooped to these RIDICULOUS levels all to have my nicotine fix ALL the freaking time.  How sad is that?  I've lied to my wife and family for YEARS about this because I'm too big of a pussy to admit this got the better of me. I'm not doing this today. I'm not and I hate it.  I hate nicotine and I hate chew. I don't care how bad the cravings get. It's the last thing in the world I want right now. I hate it and I am not doing it today.  I've got a brand new baby girl that needs her daddy. She needs me today and needs me here for her wedding. I will be alive to walk her down the aisle because I fucking quit chewing today.  

Edited by Bam327

And I've quit so many time over the years. I've had success. But every single one of my failure's always comes down to the same thing. I think I can have that one. That one relief of nicotine. That one chew. That one puff of a cigarette.  I don't smoke and I don't like smoking but if I'm quitting chewing I think that if I take a puff of a cigarette to feel some relief its ok because I know I'm not going to start smoking. But every time that leads to me buying a can of chew because I don't want to smoke. I'm not doing that today. No nicotine this time.  Not from a chew, cigarette, vape, or whatever else is out there. Not even looking behind the counter at the gas station. Not doing any if it today. None

There is no getting relief from the nic bitch by putting any amount of nicotine into my system. I need to embrace the withdrawel and power through it. I'll get relief one day and it sure as shit won't be from any source of nicotine

Bam, you’ve certainly got fight in you. You know this road isn’t easy, but it can be done. It’s not just kicking a bad habit, it’s a lifestyle change. There are better things on the horizon in our lives as well as those things right next to us right now.

I’ve “quit” so many times before. I feel wrong calling them quits cause 6 hours or 2-3 days just ain’t a quit. I know just one pulls me right back in.

When I quit here back in 2010, I didn’t cave to chew. I was at a friendly social gathering and had a smoke. Well that turned into a habit quick and I hid it from my wife for 6 months. Hiding was a tough task and I went back to the can cause when she would find out it was more acceptable than smokes.

7 years it took me to dig my hole to a point when I finally looked up and said “what the fuck...I used to be someone”. I had lost all self respect and respect for my family. This I feel came from a level beyond the addiction, it was knowing my choices were laying me down on the train track and just waiting...the addiction kept me tied down.

It’s a cruel bitch what that can or worn dirt can do. Its beyond the addiction, it’s who we slowly turn into in order to feed the addiction.

I’m not happy for where I could be. But I am sure as shit proud for where I am now and where I want to take this quit. You should be too! Embrace the suck and change for the better. You got a full house of people here who got your back while you climb! 

Stay quit brother! NDT!

On 10/25/2018 at 5:11 AM, FoodBuzz said:

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - Day 3.  Not chewing today. I don't care how tough this gets. In tougher. 

Supporters Sign Here:

Quitters Sign Here:

Bam - Day 3.  Not chewing today. I don't care how tough this gets. I'm tougher. 

Supporters Sign Here:

Edited by Bam327

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- day 2 for me. It’s not easy but that’s ok, not giving up. Many years ago, like 2004, I joined this site. I made it 240 days, all it took was one pinch to be back where I was. Well enough is enough, I’m tired of ruining my health, spending hard earned money on dip, having that panic feeling when I forget my can, missing kisses from my wife due to a mouth full of the stuff, not being able to taste some goodie she made. And the list of reasons to stop go on and on. 

Bam - Day 3.  Not chewing today. I don't care how tough this gets. I'm tougher.

Supporters Sign Here:

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- day 2 for me. It’s not easy but that’s ok, not giving up. Many years ago, like 2004, I joined this site. I made it 240 days, all it took was one pinch to be back where I was. Well enough is enough, I’m tired of ruining my health, spending hard earned money on dip, having that panic feeling when I forget my can, missing kisses from my wife due to a mouth full of the stuff, not being able to taste some goodie she made. And the list of reasons to stop go on and on. 

Supporters Sign Here:

FoodBuzz -301- Morning quitters! There’s much more to life than following the can to a C-store at midnight so you can fill a spit cup. Here’s to finding the better parts of life! Welcome Nick, let’s make this the quit that counts! NDT!

Edited by FoodBuzz

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

FoodBuzz -301- Morning quitters! There’s much more to life than following the can to a C-store at midnight so you can fill a spit cup. Here’s to finding the better parts of life! Welcome Nick, let’s make this the quit that counts! NDT!

RWM -599- I was here in 2010 and got to the point where I thought I no longer needed to post roll call or receive support. I was selfish and thought I knew it all.  It wasn't long after that where I felt something like a NEED to take one pinch. Like every similar story, I was back to being an all day non-stop dipper immediately. So welcome back (or welcome first timers if you're reading this because you think it's time to quit and are ready to commit to not dipping today). The site has gone through many changes since 2004 and 2010, but I am convinced that the basic formula set forth here does provide a path to never having to take a dip again (one day at a time, of course). It's us who veered off the path.  There is no real need to take one pinch. There are a million+ other options, but our addictions cause us to see only one. I promise no dip today.

Hell yeah Nick. We got this together pal. I'm not giving up on you and don't give up on me either.

Quitters Sign Here:

Supporters Sign Here:

RWM -599- I was here in 2010 and got to the point where I thought I no longer needed to post roll call or receive support. I was selfish and thought I knew it all.  It wasn't long after that where I felt something like a NEED to take one pinch. Like every similar story, I was back to being an all day non-stop dipper immediately. So welcome back (or welcome first timers if you're reading this because you think it's time to quit and are ready to commit to not dipping today). The site has gone through many changes since 2004 and 2010, but I am convinced that the basic formula set forth here does provide a path to never having to take a dip again (one day at a time, of course). It's us who veered off the path.  There is no real need to take one pinch. There are a million+ other options, but our addictions cause us to see only one. I promise no dip today.

Farley - 3865 - One of the old legends on this site from when I first joined up in 2008 use to have a saying "Simple but not easy: Don't buy, Don't bum it, Don't put it in your mouth" To me it's like an ultra marathon, can't look at the big picture, just one mile at a time, or in the case of the nic bitch just one day at a time.  Great start fellas!  glad your making the best decision of your life and not dipping today

Sunday October 28 2018

Quitters Sign Here:

Nick- day

Bam - Day

Supporters Sign Here:

FoodBuzz -302- The nic bitch is a tough opponent, however she doesn’t know how fucking stubborn I can be! It’s quitting time and getting my self respect back. NDT!