Flavius Victor

Roll Call

Woo - H00 - It is Turkey Time

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

SUN MON TUE WED THUR FRI SAT
November 13

Muddler - 3732 - Trash day today. I think I will add the local football team to the pile.

Matt - MMMMLVIII - I completely forgot they played football yesterday.  Really.

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 13

Muddler - 3732 - Trash day today. I think I will add the local football team to the pile.

Matt - MMMMLVIII - I completely forgot they played football yesterday.  Really.

STB - MMMDCCLIX -  No football watching yesterday here, got about 1/3 of the wall tile done, then my wife decided we needed another shelf in there, apparently you need a lot more products stored in arms reach.

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 14

Muddler - 3733 -  My first job was being a diesel fitter at a pantyhose factory. As they came off the line, I would hold them up and say, "yeah, Deez-el fit her."

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 14

Muddler - 3733 -  My first job was being a diesel fitter at a pantyhose factory. As they came off the line, I would hold them up and say, "yeah, Deez-el fit her."

STB - MMMDCCLX - Booo  DEEZ NUTZ..  Standard day.  Work, come home, cook, then work on the bathroom.  Once I figure it out I will post some pics..

Edited by stevethebuilder

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 14

STB - MMMDCCLX - Booo  DEEZ NUTZ..  Standard day.  Work, come home, cook, then work on the bathroom.  Once I figure it out I will post some pics..

Matt - MMMMLIX - I don't know if that's supposed to be a joke or not.

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 15

Muddler - MMMDCCXXXIV - I was pleasantly surprised how well the lockdown worked at the school during the shooting yesterday. I have taken part in my share of lockdown drills, I had doubts about the effectiveness. Good job teachers.

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 15

Muddler - MMMDCCXXXIV - I was pleasantly surprised how well the lockdown worked at the school during the shooting yesterday. I have taken part in my share of lockdown drills, I had doubts about the effectiveness. Good job teachers.

STB - MMMDCCLXI - It is effective, well done CO.  I was involved in several active shooter drills in schools    The PD fired different weapons in and around  the school so teachers would know what actual gunfire sounded like.  We were trained and were well prepared for such acts. Everything changed after Columbine. no more waiting, ACTIVE engagement was the mantra. ( Do not get me started on why the Las Vegas PD hid in the stair well for 45 minutes) In every set of FD coats (bunker gear) in the left front pocket was a battle dressing and tourniquet, that was for our use if we were shot, we were to engage, that's what we were paid to do, and did.  we also carried with us a mass casualty kit for victims on entry in those shooting situations. Glad I never had to use the contents of the left front pocket !  I did use the shooting kit on several oppressed youths more than once. One time I remember was when the "DC sniper" was on the loose we responded to a shooting in Home Depot  parking lot in our first due area, I recall getting as low as I could driving in and checking the contents of that pocket with my left hand, No doubt we were going in ( I was driving) That is what we do.  I felt very vulnerable as the first in unit!  We "corralled" the FD trucks around the victim, only then did I feel some what safe.

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 17

Muddler - MMMDCCXXXVI - Sometimes being retired but volunteering is a lot like work used to be, but without the pay. Of course I do get to pick my schedule.

Matt - MMMMLXII - Not necessarily busier these days, but the days seem longer.

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 17

Muddler - MMMDCCXXXVI - Sometimes being retired but volunteering is a lot like work used to be, but without the pay. Of course I do get to pick my schedule.

Matt - MMMMLXII - Not necessarily busier these days, but the days seem longer.

STB - MMMDCCLXIII - Too busy.  Pt. load is starting to get to me.  So what do I do..  The beach 2 pm I am out of there..  Now I do not kid myself, the lap top will be involved tomorrow.. Some things just cannot wait another day..

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 18

Muddler - MMMDCCXXXVII - It appears winter is really coming. Time to strap on your skis, the mountains got pounded last night.

STB - MMMDCCLXIV - Spent the day on the water laying waste to fish, speckled trout, can only keep 4, blues, kept 2, and albacore ( all set free).  The albacore were all caught on a 10 weight fly rod.The largest I caught was 9 lbs 4 oz, avg was about 7, a hell of a lot of fun on fly gear!   I smoked the blues, and pan fried the trout., in some fat from home made bacon. Damn good eats..A great day was had by all. 

I do have to head back out west, the skiing is awesome.   Did I ever tell you I worked as a Ski Patroller  at Vale for 2 years?

Edited by stevethebuilder

latest?cb=20150914213131

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

November 19

STB - MMMDCCLXV - Rain and more rain, gonna clean up the house and head back to Raleigh..

Matt - MMMMLXIV - Forgetting which days I post and which days I don't.