Flavius Victor

Roll Call

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

SUN MON TUE WED THUR FRI SAT
Nov 06

STB - MMMMCXXV - Now I want the Kavanaugh shirt that say's I really like beer. 

Muddler - MMMMXC - Mmmmmmm -Beer.

Matt - MMMMCDXVI - Well on my way to buying my airplane.

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 07

STB - MMMMCXXVI - Well another election down.  Let's see the fun again in 2 more years..  An airplane would be nice..

Muddler - MMMMXCI -Glad it's over. Let the excuses begin.

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 07

STB - MMMMCXXVI - Well another election down.  Let's see the fun again in 2 more years..  An airplane would be nice..

Muddler - MMMMXCI -Glad it's over. Let the excuses begin.

Matt - MMMMCDXVII - If the Dems did capture the House, it's going to be fun to watch.  Impeach or not impeach, the event will be glorious in the sense that a train wreck smashing into an ocean liner that hit an iceberg after swerving to miss an exploding dirigible would be glorious. 

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 08

STB - MMMMCXXVII - I agree with you Matt.  The monkey in me loves to see wrenches thrown into well machined gears...  Congressional dysfunction is always to the benefit of the governed.  That is why founding fathers set it up that way with three branches.  In modern times we have had that system corrupted in many ways.  IE.  bureaucracies creating laws instead of congress.  Judges creating laws and legislating from the bench, and of course executive actions.  The writers of the constitution designed it so that it could only move slow.  Gonna be a fun 2 years to watch..  I'm betting on the wrench..  NC has always been a contested state that trended red.  The current problem is that we have a very low tax rate and all the people fleeing the sh!t hole high tax states are coming here.  And of course they want do the same crap that messed their original state to ours.  We just threw a huge wrench in the gears by passing two amendments to the states Constitution maxing out the total state/local total tax to  7 % , its currently at 4.5.  Dems hated that one.  The other was enshrining the right to hunt and fish, and as the means of controlling game populations..  They hated that one also, but both passed by a wide margin..   Fun

Edited by stevethebuilder

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 08

STB - MMMMCXXVII - I agree with you Matt.  The monkey in me loves to see wrenches thrown into well machined gears...  Congressional dysfunction is always to the benefit of the governed.  That is why founding fathers set it up that way with three branches.  In modern times we have had that system corrupted in many ways.  IE.  bureaucracies creating laws instead of congress.  Judges creating laws and legislating from the bench, and of course executive actions.  The writers of the constitution designed it so that it could only move slow.  Gonna be a fun 2 years to watch..  I'm betting on the wrench..  NC has always been a contested state that trended red.  The current problem is that we have a very low tax rate and all the people fleeing the sh!t hole high tax states are coming here.  And of course they want do the same crap that messed their original state to ours.  We just threw a huge wrench in the gears by passing two amendments to the states Constitution maxing out the total state/local total tax to  7 % , its currently at 4.5.  Dems hated that one.  The other was enshrining the right to hunt and fish, and as the means of controlling game populations..  They hated that one also, but both passed by a wide margin..   Fun

Muddler - MMMMXCII - Colorado has been a reliably purple state long before the term purple was in fashion. It went heavily blue this time. And although I lean "blue" we have some offices now held by people I didn't think were particularly qualified. Like Mama Mudd saic, "I hope they have good helpers."

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

SUN MON TUWED THUR FRI SAT
Nov 09

STB - MMMMCXXVIII - Sneaking out early today to try our luck with the fish..  My friends are here with a boat and several other kayaks.  Gonna use the combo to explore.

Muddler - MMMMXCIII - Getting a dishwasher installed today - hopefully. Then need to look into replacing some floorboards.

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

SUN MON TUWED THUR FRI SAT
Nov 09

STB - MMMMCXXVIII - Sneaking out early today to try our luck with the fish..  My friends are here with a boat and several other kayaks.  Gonna use the combo to explore.

Muddler - MMMMXCIII - Getting a dishwasher installed today - hopefully. Then need to look into replacing some floorboards.

Matt - MMMMCDXIX - I think I'm buying myself a dishwasher for Christmas too.  Top shelf doesn't act like it gets any water up there. 

Missouri passed its medical doobage law... actually there were three different ones on the ballot.  We passed the one with the lowest tax attached to it.  What is interesting is everyone knows this is leading up to eventually passing recreational  use.  The measure that passed had over 60% approval.  I think the proponents, if they had known it would be that popular, they would have put a recreational use measure on the ballot.  They didn't think they could go for the whole shebang this time.  Oh well.  They will again in a couple years, probably, and that one will pass too. 

1 hour ago, stevethebuilder said:

Very nice. Congrats to her.

My family has fly fished for years and my sister, is hands down, the far superior fly fisher. Not too long ago, my brother was on a trip with her and other family members and my sister was the only one not to catch something. My brother said he felt sorry for her getting skunked. My response -"It's about damn time." He laughed and said, "Yeah, you are right."

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 10

STB - MMMMCXXIX -  Wake up, go out in the kayak, fish, and repeat the next day. 

Muddler - MMMMCIV - First day of the Backyard Feeder Bird count for 2018.

23 hours ago, Matt Dog said:

Missouri passed its medical doobage law... actually there were three different ones on the ballot.  We passed the one with the lowest tax attached to it.  What is interesting is everyone knows this is leading up to eventually passing recreational  use.  The measure that passed had over 60% approval.  I think the proponents, if they had known it would be that popular, they would have put a recreational use measure on the ballot.  They didn't think they could go for the whole shebang this time.  Oh well.  They will again in a couple years, probably, and that one will pass too. 

I was sitting in my hot tub this morning. Doing a doobie and had a really interesting thought.. . . . . I just can't remember what it was.

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 10

STB - MMMMCXXIX -  Wake up, go out in the kayak, fish, and repeat the next day. 

Muddler - MMMMCIV - First day of the Backyard Feeder Bird count for 2018.

Matt - MMMMCDXX - We got a dusting of snow yesterday, and it's cold enough today that none of it is melting.  

2 hours ago, Muddler said:

I was sitting in my hot tub this morning. Doing a doobie and had a really interesting thought.. . . . . I just can't remember what it was.

I've probably not much mentioned this here, but I'm working mostly with substance abuse clients these days.  Most of them mandated.  We have so many people who are using marijuana, that my whole view on the legalization issue has changed.  I once thought "if we legalize it, that means we'll be paying for all the dunces who smoke it and sit on their stupid lazy asses."

I now realize, we already are.  So... legalization isn't going to change a damn thing, other than giving the criminal injustice system one less thing to worry their pointy little heads about.  

So fine.  Go ahead.  Legalize.  One obvious benefit will be we'll have fewer stoners flocking to Colorado just so they can smoke legally.  Then it'll be safe for me to visit again.  

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 11

STB - MMMMCXXVII - My libertarian mind agrees with legalization.  Still illegal here in NC.  Hell, they are fighting to keep non-psychoactive CBD oil illegal.  I don't believe in all the miracles they claim, but there are some good peer reviewed studies on it's benefits.  I know that it helped my old dog get around. Yes I broke NC law by having it.  Even if weed was legal here, I would still be subject to testing, just like anyone in the USA who works in a medical facility that takes medicare or medicaid money.   Ok, time to go fishing, hope to catch another false albacore on my 9 weight, so fun.

Edited by stevethebuilder

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 11

STB - MMMMCXXVII - My libertarian mind agrees with legalization.  Still illegal here in NC.  Hell, they are fighting to keep non-psychoactive CBD oil illegal.  I don't believe in all the miracles they claim, but there are some good peer reviewed studies on it's benefits.  I know that it helped my old dog get around. Yes I broke NC law by having it.  Even if weed was legal here, I would still be subject to testing, just like anyone in the USA who works in a medical facility that takes medicare or medicaid money.   Ok, time to go fishing, hope to catch another false albacore on my 9 weight, so fun.

Muddler - MMMMCIVI - Pot does have its place medically, but looking for valid medical studies online does get in the "weeds" pretty fast. I did use pot for my shingles, and it did reduce the pain, but I didn't like being high and it did no better or worse than more traditional treatments.

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 12

STB - MMMMCXXVIII - Durring the two years of the 1918 Flu Pandemic nearly 3000 people died PER HOUR of the H1N1 flu..  Get your flu shot..  Rough day out in boat.  Windy and cold, not any good fish biting. 

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 12

STB - MMMMCXXVIII - Durring the two years of the 1918 Flu Pandemic nearly 3000 people died PER HOUR of the H1N1 flu..  Get your flu shot..  Rough day out in boat.  Windy and cold, not any good fish biting. 

Muddler - MMMMCIVII - Flu shot done - a month or so ago. It has been snowing here for over 24 hours. No complaints, I only wish we could send some of it to California.

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 12

Muddler - MMMMCIVII - Flu shot done - a month or so ago. It has been snowing here for over 24 hours. No complaints, I only wish we could send some of it to California.

Matt - MMMMCDXXII - Yeah, I should probably get the flu shot done.  Me and the boy.  If it reduces the risk of days off work, when I have such a shitty employer when it comes to time off...

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 13

STB - MMMMCXXIX- Crazy thunderstorms here, that plus an emergency alert about a possible tornado, not the best nights sleep.

Muddler - MMMMXCVII - Storm is over. Snow is melting.

Edited by Muddler

Mmmmmmmm - turkey.

Turkey+Cartoon.jpg

Roman Numeral Converter

Quit Day Counter

Nov 14

STB - MMMMCXXX -  The storm you had Mudd is heading our way.  Of course it's gonna hit Thursday night.  Friday I had planed on heading up to Northern Virginia to my brothers to help him get rid of some deer.