Flavius Victor

Roll Call

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

Never Give Up and Get Quit

January 22nd, 2008

May 2008 Quitters Post Here

Veterans

How to keep our Roll Call the Same as it's Been

1. JUST HIT REPLY AND THEN LOOK FOR THE QUOTE BOXES.

2. LOOK FOR THE QUOTE BOXES [QUOT] . THEY SHOULD BE THE ENTIRE FIRST LINE AND THE LAST LINE.

3. YOU MUST REMOVE THESE OR THE NEXT PERSON WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ROLL AS IT WILL NOT CONTINUE A QUOTE

(AT LEAST I HAVEN'T SEEN IT DO THAT).

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

These are my directions ... hopefully they make sense B)

QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Veterans

2. LOOK FOR THE QUOTE BOXES [QUOT] . THEY SHOULD BE THE ENTIRE FIRST LINE AND THE LAST LINE.

3. YOU MUST REMOVE THESE OR THE NEXT PERSON WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ROLL AS IT WILL NOT CONTINUE A QUOTE

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

Bump

Who will be first???

My guess would be either Ebenezer/NotGod or else Isaac/Rutten/Foul Mouth/MotoFox. If not first, I'm sure they'll both be a part of this group, as they have been in several other groups.

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

Bump

My guess would be either Ebenezer/NotGod or else Isaac/Rutten/Foul Mouth/MotoFox. If not first, I'm sure they'll both be a part of this group, as they have been in several other groups.
most months that'd be a good guess... looks like we were proven wrong though!

how you doing jim?

Hey hey! I like the new forum... welcome to 2008 B)

I was in the Feb 2008 quit group. Made it to day 68 and had a misstep. Spent a few days soul searching and recommiting myself to the process. I see my mistakes. I was lax about posting roll call, didn't engage my quit brothers hardly at all, and didn't follow some good advice... aka, lay off the booze for awhile. Glad to be back.

I was in the Feb 2008 quit group. Made it to day 68 and had a misstep. Spent a few days soul searching and recommiting myself to the process. I see my mistakes. I was lax about posting roll call, didn't engage my quit brothers hardly at all, and didn't follow some good advice... aka, lay off the booze for awhile. Glad to be back.

OK Cornucopia, 68 days and now you are back at day 1. You say you are "recommiting" yourself. What does that mean? Apparently you were not very committed to the process in the first place or you wouldn't have caved. Do you have a plan? Does that plan include calling your brothers(including ME!) before putting tobacco anywhere near your mouth? Are you man enough to use that plan when it comes time? Why do I say "man enough?" Because caving is easy, not caving takes a set of balls. An answer of "NO" to any of those questions is not acceptable.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you back on the horse. Make sure you don't fall off again. Need anything? Let me know?

Bill

Hey at least you know where to come when it is time to quit for good. Only way to quit for good is to make it through today brotha! I agree with Bill about calling people and the like. I like to say "Quitting aint for punks!" It is much easier to give in to the nic bitch than to stay quit especially in the beginning. That is because we are growing as human beings by quitting a nasty habit. Sometimes growth is accompanied by pain! Get through today, tomorrow will be different!

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

Muddler - 150 - Glad to see you back Cornucopia, Get 'er done this time.

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

Bump

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

Muddler - 150 - Glad to see you back Cornucopia, Get 'er done this time

cboater - 7 I know I'm still a newbie but I am fighting and winning. Remember if you want one you can't have it IT WILL KILL YOU.

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

Muddler - 150 - Glad to see you back Cornucopia, Get 'er done this time

cboater - 7 I know I'm still a newbie but I am fighting and winning. Remember if you want one you can't have it IT WILL KILL YOU.

BigMac - 29. If all else fails, try Bupropion. It's working wonders for me. No cravings and very few "triggers" in almost a week.

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

Rooster 192 ~ You Go Cornucopia! Welcome Back and Stick with us!

BigMac - 29. If all else fails, try Bupropion. It's working wonders for me. No cravings and very few "triggers" in almost a week.

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

Bump

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

Bone - 219 Welcome back Cornucopia!

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

MTBlood - 74, Yeah!! Cornucopia is the first quitter!!

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

micanic- 315- Hang tough Cornucopia- NO Excuses- Just stay quit!

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

May 2008 HOF Roll Call

January 22nd, 2008

Cornucopia - Day 1

Veterans

micanic- 315- Hang tough Cornucopia- NO Excuses- Just stay quit!

truckerick - 101 - And... there is always "Truckerick's Patented Protein Supplement" This is designed to puke a dog off a gut truck. If this don't cure you nothing will.

4. POST ROLL

5. HIT ENTER

I'm only on day 29 of my quit, so I'm no expert. But my quit has become so unexpectedly easy of late that I thought I'd tell yall about it.

I was a 32-year user of tobacco. Mostly I dipped Copenhagen, but I also smoked some. For the past 7 years, I've had a dip of Copenhagen in my mouth pretty much from the time I awoke in the morning until I laid down to sleep at night. And sometimes I went to sleep and slept most of the night with a dip still in my mouth. I was a hard core tobacco user, as addicted to nicotine as anyone out there.

My quit that started on 12/26/2007 was strange. The first day was easy, and so was part of day 2. Then things got progressively worse through day 4. On the night of day 4, I was ready to give up. I experienced waves of depression and guilt that I can’t even describe. I cried uncontrollably at times. Several times I felt I’d just rather be dead.

Things got a little better on day 5, and got progressively better until day 10. But I still fought depression, guilt, and craves. So I decided to go see my doctor. He prescribed Bupropion, which I had heard about. It’s an anti-depressent that also happens to reduce or eliminate nicotine craves for a lot of people. I’ve suffered from depression in the past, and have taken anti-depressents, but stopped using them about 2 years ago because they caused me to gain weight and lose interest in sex. I really needed the depression relief they provided, but I just quit taking them.

Well, I started taking Bupropion about 2 weeks ago. And one week after I started taking it, my depression and guilt were gone, my craves were all but gone, and I have very few triggers. As I said before, my quit has become unexpectedly easy.

And Bupropion has no sexual or weight gain side effects. The only side effect I’ve had is that my appetite has been reduced some.

Bupropion doesn’t work for everyone. And once you start taking it, it can take up to a month before you start feeling the effects (for me it took only 1 week). It’s commonly prescribed to treat nicotine addiction.

Give it a try before you give up on your quit.

I'm only on day 29 of my quit, so I'm no expert.

BigMac - Don't sell yourself short.. at day 29 you ARE an expert with respect to what the new quitters are going to face early in their quit... Thanks for sharing your experience so far, and congratulations on nearly a month of freedom yourself!!

Eric