Quit Smokeless Community
Киров

Quitting Drinking

No Booze Crew

...where 1 is too many and 24 isn't enough.

FoodBuzz -1 (290) No I didn’t make it yesterday. Lasted most the day into the evening. I am glad that I didn’t binge drink. Had two drinks, but I know it leaves the door open for bigger problems.

No Booze Crew

Kougar - It's been a long time since I've been on this site.  I quit drinking June 30, 2012 and haven't had a drink since.  Wish I could say the same about dipping, but that's for another forum.  So, I just wanted to reach out and keep this forum alive by being here for anyone who needs a listener or a supporter.

No Booze Crew

Dillhole - Last drink was in May 2012.  Same timeframe as you Kougar.  I also wish I could say the same about dip.    Life just sucks with dip and I know it. 

Kougar - It's been a long time since I've been on this site.  I quit drinking June 30, 2012 and haven't had a drink since.  Wish I could say the same about dipping, but that's for another forum.  So, I just wanted to reach out and keep this forum alive by being here for anyone who needs a listener or a supporter

No Booze Crew

Dillhole - Last drink was in May 2012.  Same timeframe as you Kougar.  I also wish I could say the same about dip.    Life just sucks with dip and I know it. 

Kougar - It's been a long time since I've been on this site.  I quit drinking June 30, 2012 and haven't had a drink since.  Wish I could say the same about dipping, but that's for another forum.  So, I just wanted to reach out and keep this forum alive by being here for anyone who needs a listener or a supporter

RWM - good to see you guys. I'm not drinking today.

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -3- Damn we’re getting some activity here! DillHole glad to see you again!!! I finally took the jump to start posting here. Rocky start, but just glad I’ve been able to pause for a while and reduce the drinks I have. Pushing on again! NAT!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -4- Watched A Star Is Born last night...very glad to be posting NAT today. Day 4!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -4- Watched A Star Is Born last night...very glad to be posting NAT today. Day 4!

RWM - 2435- None for me. My last drink was on February 20, 2012. I would have called myself an aspiring alcoholic--meaning if I would have kept going as I was, I would certainly be one by now. I loved having a couple beers and conversation with friends, after taking care of chores on the weekends, after a stressful day at work, and during social events. I loosened up, let my worries go, and had fun. All seemed like normal fun, just like any other normal person. However, if I started to have too many, as sometimes happened, I would get meaner, or do irresponsible things. I realized that the only way I could be totally responsible for myself 100% of the time was to not have any. I miss having a few beers during the above situations, but like dip, I realize that just one also involves all the bullshit that comes with it besides the fun shit. So, I choose to live without that crutch today.

• Thanks 1

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -5- I hear ya RWM. I’m probably on some scale of alcoholism...not sure where, but enough for me to know it’s an issue. I love whiskey, funny though hard liquor isn’t the issue. It’s heavy beer. I’ve done plenty embarrassing, regretful, and other acts that would get me in trouble. It’s just time to move on. Already saved $50-60. Family and life way more better that booze.

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -

RWM - 2435-

Dillhole - (May ?, 2012) - FoodBuzz, you know the drill.  ODAAT.  I didn't need any special occasion to drink.  Hangovers were an everyday thing for as long as I can remember.  I don't miss it at all.  It's not me.  That was a different time.   I promise you guys I'll be back posting NDT by the end of Nov.   Red Sox or Dodgers?  I'm picking the Dodgers

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -6- It’s good to see you back in whatever role DH. Drinking definitely changed in feeling both physically and mentally about 3-4 years ago. Need time off. Glad to be quitting Alc with you today!

RWM - 2435- 

Dillhole - (May ?, 2012) - FoodBuzz, you know the drill.  ODAAT.  I didn't need any special occasion to drink.  Hangovers were an everyday thing for as long as I can remember.  I don't miss it at all.  It's not me.  That was a different time.   I promise you guys I'll be back posting NDT by the end of Nov.   Red Sox or Dodgers?  I'm picking the Dodgers

Much of this abstinence has been guilt driven and I've trudge through it...today I've felt proud with the decision and it was a shot of energy and excitement. Dam is still up and still dry, and very glad to be. 

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -7- No booze today. One week feels so sweet!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -8- On the road for work, NAT!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -8- On the road for work, NAT!

Kougar - 2308 - Makin' music today... Keep it up FoodBuzz, it gets much better!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -9- Another day NAT! I have energy but feel like I have the attention of a squirrel.

Edited by FoodBuzz

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -10- NAT! I've saved ~$100-120...shit that's during one pay period! Time to start saving for a trip to Mexico. 

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -10- NAT! I've saved ~$100-120...shit that's during one pay period! Time to start saving for a trip to Mexico. 

Kougar - 2410 - Wooooooo!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -11- Good to see you Kougar! NAT!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -11- Good to see you Kougar! NAT!

RWM -2442- Do not miss hangovers either.

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -12- Feeling good with the Quit and the control. Thought about having a drink at a reasonable time of day. Then felt like having one before my flight this morning at 6 am. So no, a drink is still way too soon.

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -13- NAT!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -13- NAT!

Kougar - 2413 - Cravings will come and go.  Old memories of the good times drinking with friends and family will remind us that it "wasn't all that bad".  For me, I pushed that line as far as I could and ultimately ended up on the wrong side of it for quite a long time.  I don't give myself the satisfaction of thinking I can someday go back to drinking responsibly...  I decided to keep it simple and eliminate/avoid as many triggers around me as I have to.

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -13- NAT!

Kougar - 2413 - Cravings will come and go.  Old memories of the good times drinking with friends and family will remind us that it "wasn't all that bad".  For me, I pushed that line as far as I could and ultimately ended up on the wrong side of it for quite a long time.  I don't give myself the satisfaction of thinking I can someday go back to drinking responsibly...  I decided to keep it simple and eliminate/avoid as many triggers around me as I have to.

RWM -2444- Good point, Kougar. 

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -14- Ah shoot, so many posts over a couple of sites...forgot to post here! NAT!

No Booze Crew

FoodBuzz -14- Ah shoot, so many posts over a couple of sites...forgot to post here! NAT!

RWM -2445- I got your back.