Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
canadiandave

NCAA Basketball

Alright boys, here's a chance for us to talk NCAA ball... get some ideas going around before it's time for us to pick our brackets.

Show your true colours, get the inside track and rock n roll.

kind of a surprise it hasn't happened sooner. He was done as soon as he left IU!

i disagree

he did some good things at tech

he stayed about as low-key as he can and finished off his career as a winner

Anybody catch the Kentucky - Tennessee game today? INCREDIBLE. 3 points apart, Kentucky throws up 2 threes in the last few seconds... nailbiter.

Any of you guys going to follow your team to the tournament this year? I will be going to whatever first/second round location that Wazzu gets sent to. This is a fun time of year, I can't wait! Go Cougs!

Any of you guys going to follow your team to the tournament this year? I will be going to whatever first/second round location that Wazzu gets sent to. This is a fun time of year, I can't wait! Go Cougs!

All depends on where we get seeded.If we can beat Duke on Sat. and get a #1 seed in the east, I wouldn't mind traveling to Charlotte.Otherwise, I don't know. Good luck to your Cougs!

Strange place to be for this Kentucky fan. For the first time in my basketball-enjoying life, we'll be doing some nail-biting on selection Sunday (barring an unlikely SEC tournament championship). I think if we can beat Florida at home this weekend, and win AT LEAST one game in the conference tourney...we'll get in. The committee would have a hard time turning away a 19-win Kentucky team.

The Patterson injury is going to make that difficult, though. B)

I'm not going to the Tourney, but I'm going to two days of the PAC 10 tourn. I'll root for your cougs if I see them play. Just as long as they're not playing the Bruins. Good luck to Wazzu.

I'm not going to the Tourney, but I'm going to two days of the PAC 10 tourn. I'll root for your cougs if I see them play. Just as long as they're not playing the Bruins. Good luck to Wazzu.

Thanks! Your Bruins are damn tough, I think they are the best team in the whole country and my pick to win it all. That was a nice come from behind win last night. I just hope the Cougs get one more shot at you in the Pac-10 tourney title game.

All depends on where we get seeded.If we can beat Duke on Sat. and get a #1 seed in the east, I wouldn't mind traveling to Charlotte.Otherwise, I don't know. Good luck to your Cougs!

winner, winner, chicken dinner. Go Heels!

How 'bout them Heels? Taking a tv to the office tomorrow to watch (Thurs and Fri!) the ACC tourney. For those of you not from NC, Friday of the ACC tourney is like a national holiday...business slows to a crawl.

How 'bout them Heels? Taking a tv to the office tomorrow to watch (Thurs and Fri!) the ACC tourney. For those of you not from NC, Friday of the ACC tourney is like a national holiday...business slows to a crawl.

I love conference tourney time. My wife and I have been to each of the last 4 SEC tournaments, and plan on going again this week. Unfortunately, we'll only be able to make it for Saturday and Sunday's games. Better than nothing, though. (And we're total basketball geeks. We don't just watch Kentucky's games. Oh no. We'll watch Auburn vs. South Carolina, Ole Miss vs. Georgia, LSU vs. Arkansas...doesn't matter. If they tip it, we'll watch it.)

These next two weeks truly are a basketball lover's wet dream.

I love conference tourney time. My wife and I have been to each of the last 4 SEC tournaments, and plan on going again this week. Unfortunately, we'll only be able to make it for Saturday and Sunday's games. Better than nothing, though. (And we're total basketball geeks. We don't just watch Kentucky's games. Oh no. We'll watch Auburn vs. South Carolina, Ole Miss vs. Georgia, LSU vs. Arkansas...doesn't matter. If they tip it, we'll watch it.)

These next two weeks truly are a basketball lover's wet dream.

Finally, a tarheel fan! I know what your sayin' wadsworth. I'm from N.C. and this is a "huge

" week.Been following the heels' since the charlie scott days.I see your from Wilmington.I spent a couple of semesters at UNC-W and still have a house at Oak Island. Go heels!

brackets are out

1 seeds: unc, kansas, ucla, memphis

my horns are a 2 seed and have beaten 2 of the 1 seeds during this season

who are your darkhorses?

i kinda like south alabama. they have a homecourt advantage in the first weekend.

that could put them through to the sweet 16.

baylor is a tough 11 seed...

what are ya'lls thoughts?

OU's seed is BS while I thought K-state got snubbed a bit as an 11 seed.

I was hoping for more of a 7 seed for us. UCLA in the second round is absolutely brutal.

All in all it was good to see 6 teams from the Big 12 make it in. Baylor's story is pretty amazing considering how far they have come.

I was happy to see Wazzu get a #4 seed and getting sent to Denver worked out perfect for me. Heading there on Wednesday with my son, he is so excited.

Here are a few predictions:

Champ - UCLA

Darkhorses I think can make a nice run - USC, West Virginia, Clemson, Pitt

First round upsets - Temple over Michigan St, St. Marys over Miami, Siena over Vandy, St Joes over Okla.

Someone should start a yahoo bracket pick em....

Once again March Madness is with us. Come join us QS' 2nd Annual Pick 'Em Tournament. Winner gets to gloat for the next year. All you need to do is sign up, pick your brackets and cheer your teams on. It's that easy.

Go here to sign up: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

League ID is: 103406

League PW is: dipsucks

Who will win this year?

PITT! Big East champs and the beast of the East! Everyone forgets that this was a team that was 11-0 before Fields and Cook went down. When Fields returned, they are 7-1 since!

So they are 18-1 with their full team. It will be interesting.