Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
canadiandave

NCAA Basketball

Well looks like the teams from the Big Easy (formally known as the big east) are killing my bracket.

Georgetown, a 3 seed, lost to a no.14 seed. Villanova a 2 seed, needed to go to overtime to beat a no15 seed! I wonder what the great tournament team selectors are thinking NOW, the big east should've just gotten one team in (not 8) and let some of the hard working mid-majors play with the big boys for a while. And what about the SEC..... I mean Vandy got their but kicked by Murry state!! Who is Murry St anyway.... is that a Junior college?

I've said it all year long and last year too, the BIG 12 is the toughest conference in the nation!!! GO Mizzou!!!!!!

I’ve quit chewing now for 3 months and with the nice spring weather today…..I wanted a chew more than ever……what is going on?

B)

Agreed. In one pool I put THREE Big 12 schools in the Final Four. K State looked great in the opening round.

Yeah, some big upsets at the Big Dance...

Last night, my school Rhode Island beat Nevada to enter the NIT quarterfinals. NIT stands for Not Important Tournament. But hey--I'll take it. Road game against Va. Tech is next. Ouch!

Edited by CopeWithoutCope

Woo-hoo! Rhode Island is onto Madison Square Garden for the semifinals of the NIT (not important tournament), the tournament's equivalent of the Final Four. North Carolina is on the fight card! Should be exciting. I think there's another tournament going on, somewhere else, too.

Last time Rhode Island played North Carolina in basketball was second-round NCAA tournament game, and Montross and the Heels mopped the floor with the Rams by 45 points. I'm hoping tonight's NIT Final Four contest will be different. Go Rhody!

I know ... Nobody cares.

Go Duke!

Since I've lived in Durham they haven't been to the finals. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to go to throw some stuff on a bonfire tonight.

Go Duke!

Since I've lived in Durham they haven't been to the finals. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to go to throw some stuff on a bonfire tonight.

quitnow: I don't mind Duke personally, but if you would just add the Yankees to your list of favorite teams, you'd have a hat trick of near-universally despised teams. Duke, New England Patriots and Yankees.

Go Duke!

quitnow: I don't mind Duke personally, but if you would just add the Yankees to your list of favorite teams, you'd have a hat trick of near-universally despised teams. Duke, New England Patriots and Yankees.

That wouldn't be so funny if it weren't true

Go Duke!

Them's fighting words, linking the Patriots and the Yankees.

One of my favorite signs at the game tonight had the Duke and Patriots insignia and it read 'We ain't afraid of Indy' I laughed my ass off.

I'm a Boston sports fan to the core when it comes to professional sports. With college, I root for the team where I live.

I just got back from the crazy bonfire on campus at Duke. Madness, like 7 huge wooden benches thrown into a pile and lit on fire with thousands of people going nuts.

Huzzaahhh!!

PS F the yankees.

Go Duke!

Them's fighting words, linking the Patriots and the Yankees.

One of my favorite signs at the game tonight had the Duke and Patriots insignia and it read 'We ain't afraid of Indy' I laughed my ass off.

I'm a Boston sports fan to the core when it comes to professional sports. With college, I root for the team where I live.

I just got back from the crazy bonfire on campus at Duke. Madness, like 7 huge wooden benches thrown into a pile and lit on fire with thousands of people going nuts.

Huzzaahhh!!

PS F the yankees.

You'd be surprised how many Patriot-Yankees fans there are. I wish I had 27 fingers to show you you're wrong about the Yankees. But I do have 21. So 21 fingers to you, quitnow!

You'd be surprised how many Patriot-Yankees fans there are.

Such people should be shot. At least the Yankee half.

Not quite a powerhouse like a Wisconsin or Texas, but Rhode Island overcomes a 17-point deficit to beat Charlotte on the buzzer, 71-70. That's 7 of the last 10 for the Atlantic 10's Rams.

How 'bout that Elite Eight, huh? Who do you like? Kentucky, NC, Arizona.... C'mon let's get some chatter up in here!

Virginia vs. Butler Kentucky vs. Connecticut

Well, since it's March 27 and no one else has posted in here at all, I'll just be a hooligan.

Sixth-grade humor

Vagina vs. Butt-ler Cunt-tucky vs. Connecti-cunt

Seventh-grade humor

Vaginal Discharge vs. Butt Juice Cunt fucky vs. Cunt netty cunt

CopeWithoutCope's latest angry (but sober) rant ... just for you.

Though I am from Connecticut, it may surprise you to learn that I hate/despise/curse the UConn Huskies hoopsters, who I begrudgingly picked to win it all (OSU in the other pool I filled out). Why do I hate UConn? Because I have a group of friends who go around j'rking off in worship of the UConn basketball program and it's disgusting. I can kind of see why the guys who graduated from UConn are so into the team and the program's success, but the folks who went to other schools (for example, East Connecticut Bumhole State University, or Putz University in NY) act as if they never went to East Connnecticut Bumhole or Putz U. and go around acting as if they went to UConn and even try to stick a finger in CWC's eye when my alma mater loses and UConn wins. They'll hide the fact to strangers that they went to East Connecticut Bumhole and wear a sweatshirt with a fucking ugly decapitated dog on it.

And then there are Connecticut residents who went to other colleges or none at all (fine) but they treat the UConn men and women like pro teams and talk about them and the Big East like it's the only basketball team/conference in the world. You start talking about the SEC or Big 12 or God-forbid the A-10, and I'm not kidding, they'll say, "Huh? What's that?"

Go Kentucky! Please John Calamari -- don't be a squidhead again like you were in that championship game when you coached Memphis out of a trophy against Kansas. Foul when you're up three, you stupid WOP. I can say that I'm Italian.

Go Kentucky! Please shut up these phony-baloney Puke-on fans so I don't have to listen to their sycophantic, homosexual babble any longer!!!

It's up to you Butt-ler!

Come on, Bulldogs! Jim Calhoun's face has more vericose veins on it then my 300-pound alcoholic Aunt Adeline. You've f'cked up most people's tournament pools so you might as well keep on going and beat the arrogant pr'ck coach and his professional team of class-cutters. No wonder UConn's so good, the coach is a crook and the alumni pay the professors to look the other way so the "students" can spend every single waking second on the court. If UConn wins, I win second place in an office pool, but I'd rather lose the bet and see all the UConn (never-went-there) wannabes in the state cry like the Yuppie bitches they are. Damn, I am one conflicted SOB. :mad52:

What do you guys think? Can Butt-ler do it?

18 hours ago, This Guy said:

March Madness starting....let's start chatting!!

OK. Let's take the end of your bracket and work backwards a little. Who do you pick to win it all? Who are your picks for the final 4? Who is going to be the Cinderella? Which top 10 team will make the soonest exit?

Michigan St. for the win.  Gonzaga,Cincinnati, Villanova, Michigan St. in the final four. Cinderella (Sweet 16): Iona