Quit Smokeless Community

Well, here I go again. Same format as before...start weight/current weight/ goal weight.

I normally weigh in Sat morning and post that weight the following monday.

QUIT SMOKELESS DIETERS ROLL CALL 3-17-08

Capt Kirk - 237/237/195

Well, here I go again. Same format as before...start weight/current weight/ goal weight.

Capt Kirk - 237/237/195

Hemi - 292/292/180

Anyone watching "I can make you thin," on TLC? First episode was last night. The 4 golden rules to eating (from the show) are:

1. When you are hungry, EAT.
  2. Eat what you want, not what you think you should.
  3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY and enjoy every mouthful
  4. When you think you are full, STOP eating.

You can read the meat of his stuff by going to mckenna dot com.

Happy weight loss.

Capt Kirk - 237/237/195

Hemi - 292/292/180

Killer - 204/185/175 We have a weight challenge going on in Jan 007 (all are welcome, btw)...these are my numbers in our 9th week

Capt Kirk - 237/237/195

Hemi - 292/292/180

Killer - 204/185/175 We have a weight challenge going on in Jan 007 (all are welcome, btw)...these are my numbers in our 9th week

Skiing - 174/174/155 - Capt Kirk thanks for starting it up again

Anyone watching "I can make you thin," on TLC? First episode was last night. The 4 golden rules to eating (from the show) are:

You can read the meat of his stuff by going to mckenna dot com.

Happy weight loss.

Those are some good rules Hemi. My main problem is that I love food. Last year I got down to 199 with diet and running on the treadmill and posting here but the food just called me right back. I felt really good at 199...best I've felt in a long time and I'd like to have that feeling back. I just don't feel that great right now and when I look at that new pair of jeans in the drawer that fit last year (but don't now) I feel worse. I'm gonna need you guys here to keep me comitted...I'll be here for you in return. I know how to do this...I just need to get off my ass and do it...I'm shooting to reach my goal in no more than 3 months. Here's a little comic relief:

You can read the meat of his stuff by going to mckenna.

Happy weight loss.

Those are some good rules Hemi. My main problem is that I love food. Last year I got down to 199 with diet and running on the treadmill and posting here but the food just called me right back. I felt really good at 199...best I've felt in a long time and I'd like to have that feeling back. I just don't feel that great right now and when I look at that new pair of jeans in the drawer that fit last year (but don't now) I feel worse. I'm gonna need you guys here to keep me comitted...I'll be here for you in return. I know how to do this...I just need to get off my ass and do it...I'm shooting to reach my goal in no more than 3 months. Here's a little comic relief:

You want support? I'll bet we could get tub girl to come give you a hand! B)

I know how you feel brother. I've tried it all, and only one thing works.

Less in + More out = weight loss.

So, that being said, any program will work, so long as you are burning more than you are consuming. On the other hand, you still need to eat enough so your body doesn't think you are going into starvation mode. It's quite the fluster cluck if you ask me.

I've gained back a whole bunch of the weight I lost 4 years ago. I've developed a drinking problem the last year or so, and am 78 days quit from tobacco. Now I need to go shopping for a larger size. What a drag.

I'll bet you remember me better as NRA, or Bullseye?

You can read the meat of his stuff by going to mckenna.

Happy weight loss.

You want support? I'll bet we could get tub girl to come give you a hand! B)

I know how you feel brother. I've tried it all, and only one thing works.

Less in + More out = weight loss.

So, that being said, any program will work, so long as you are burning more than you are consuming. On the other hand, you still need to eat enough so your body doesn't think you are going into starvation mode. It's quite the fluster cluck if you ask me.

I've gained back a whole bunch of the weight I lost 4 years ago. I've developed a drinking problem the last year or so, and am 78 days quit from tobacco. Now I need to go shopping for a larger size. What a drag.

I'll bet you remember me better as NRA, or Bullseye?

Hey Bullseye...congrats on the 78 days! Well, I used food for "comfort" during my quit...I allowed myself the opportunity to eat as much and whenever I wanted to help ease the pain of quitting. Well, I've quit dip now but I've still got that bad habit of eating like a pig. This first week is gonna be a pain but I'll get through it. Spent 45 minutes on the treadmill last night and will do the same tonight. I've got some incentive too. I'm going to be building a remote cabin this summer and I need to be in better shape to do that...if(when) I loose 40 pounds that will be 40 more pounds I can put in the plane too...saves money on fewer trips!

TG...ugggg....looks like I've lost my appetite for supper...gee thanks!

Less in + more out = weight loss....exactly! That's my program right there.

p.s. I'm a dodge man too...I just prefer the Cummins!

Quick tip for all you wanna be biggest losers out there...workouts in the morning do more for you than at night. Morning workouts make you work out harder to get your heart rate up, meaning that you end up burning more calories getting to your training heart rate. And PM workouts tend to make it harder to sleep, even though one would think just the opposite.

I'm still an obese man. I know how the tricks work, but have yet to apply them to my life in a meaningful way again.

Hemi

Quick tip for all you wanna be biggest losers out there...workouts in the morning do more for you than at night. Morning workouts make you work out harder to get your heart rate up, meaning that you end up burning more calories getting to your training heart rate. And PM workouts tend to make it harder to sleep, even though one would think just the opposite.

I'm still an obese man. I know how the tricks work, but have yet to apply them to my life in a meaningful way again.

Hemi

That's probably true but sex or a nuclear attack are the only two things that will get me out of bed earlier than

I need to.

I've been going 45 min on the treadmill after work and kinda following along the guidelines of Weight Watchers...I hit my goal

in 3 months going that route last year. I just need to resist the temptation of going back to eating like a pig once the goal is met.

You're posting roll here...how's your diet/exercize going so far?

Hemi

That's probably true but sex or a nuclear attack are the only two things that will get me out of bed earlier than

I need to.

I've been going 45 min on the treadmill after work and kinda following along the guidelines of Weight Watchers...I hit my goal

in 3 months going that route last year. I just need to resist the temptation of going back to eating like a pig once the goal is met.

Two words - Sucks ass

I've got tons of other issues in my life right now. I remember being warned in "our" HOF class way back when that getting friendly with booze was not going to help me. Well, it's now caught up with me. My weight is way up, my blood pressure is crazy, and I've developed a drinking problem (13 days dry today though). I'm trying to get to the gym 3 days a week, but it doesn't seem to be working very well the last few months. Right now I'm developing a sore throat, so I'm sure I won't be going to the gym tomorrow either.

Anyway, I have to handle things one at a time, and one day at a time. 79 days free from nicotine, 13 days dry. Once I get to my HOF, I'll put my energy into my AA program. Then it will be nice enough to be outside so I can be more active, and hopefully lose some weight.

Hemi

I have lost 40 pounds since January 07. My goal is to drop another 25-30 this year.

There is no secret to losing weight, but here's how I've done it:

1. I quit eating breakfast, except occassionally on weekends. I used to eat a half box of cereal every morning. Now I just drink a Red Bull. Maybe not the healthiest, but it did cut a lot of carbs from my diet.

2. I eat smaller portions. I used to be able to eat a large pizza by myself (and frequently did). Now, my stomach has shrunk to the point where a half pizza is more than enough.

3. I run 3-5 days a week at least 2 miles.

4. Whenever I feel hungry, I visit the tubgirl.com website.

Ok, just kidding about no. 4.

Hemi

I need to.

I agree...sleep is too important to me. My main exercise is running about 6 miles when the weather isn't too cold, and I do that in the evenings after work. I never have a problem with sleeping afterwards. In fact, it helps me to sleep, because running helps me to clear my mind after a long day of work.

I have lost 40 pounds since January 07. My goal is to drop another 25-30 this year.

Congrats! That's fantastic. I've gone down, then back up in the last year or so, and I'm on my way back down. I lost about 20 pounds in the last 9 weeks.

There is no secret to losing weight, but here's how I've done it:

1. I quit eating breakfast, except occassionally on weekends. I used to eat a half box of cereal every morning. Now I just drink a Red Bull. Maybe not the healthiest, but it did cut a lot of carbs from my diet.

I used to never eat breakfast. It didn't really bother me to skip the meal. In fact, occasionally I would even skip lunch. But I've heard so much about how you have to eat a good breakfast to "kick start" your metabolism in the morning, so I started eating cereal. Now I really look forward to it, and I wonder if it's helping or not.

2. I eat smaller portions. I used to be able to eat a large pizza by myself (and frequently did). Now, my stomach has shrunk to the point where a half pizza is more than enough.

That's my main problem. I did the same thing with pizza or other food. Someone said you should eat when you're hungry, then stop when you're full. My problem is I would never feel full (or else wouldn't sense being full until 15 minutes after I stuffed my face). I keep hoping my stomach would shrink, but no such luck yet, as far as I can tell.

3. I run 3-5 days a week at least 2 miles.

That is the key to weight loss, at least for me. When the weather is good, I can run 6 miles (or more) maybe 4-5 times a week. Then it seems I can eat "normally" and still maintain my weight. If I do this and cut back a little, I can lose weight. I don't set any records in my speed, but it's a great way to lose weight.

4. Whenever I feel hungry, I visit the tubgirl.com website.

Ok, just kidding about no. 4.

B)

Yeah Luke, good job on the weight loss!

I only ate brekfast once a week...I've got a sort of routine now where I wake up early Sunday and make the family

home made hash browns, bacon or moose sausage, eggs and toast. Other than that, I never ate in the morning. I'm now eating

one portion of oatmeal every morning (I'll still do the sunday thing) which seems to help curb the non-stop munchies I'd have at work.

I guess it also helps cut the colesterol too.

I also think it's a good idea to start out with a normal sized portion of food on your plate...eat that then wait. After 15 or 20 minutes, if you're still hungry, well, the food will still be there. I've heard that it takes awhile for the body to register that it's full. I just went through this...I had a bowl of soup for lunch and felt like I wanted to eat more but as I type this, the hungry sensation is fading.

QUIT SMOKELESS DIETERS ROLL CALL 3-24-08

Killer - 204/182/175 CK, I hope I did this roll call right. Do you normally carry over everyone's weights from last week so they don't have to look them up?

Killer - 204/182/175 CK, I hope I did this roll call right. Do you normally carry over everyone's weights from last week so they don't have to look them up?

Skiing 174/171/155

Skiing 174/171/155

Capt. 237/230/195 (Killer, I think this format looks just right)(Congrats on your wieght loss boys...lets do it again this week!)

Skiing 174/171/155

Capt. 237/230/195 (Killer, I think this format looks just right)(Congrats on your wieght loss boys...lets do it again this week!)

Bubba - 284/266/185 I've been doing the January '07 thing with Killer

Skiing 174/171/155

Kojak - 275/272.5/250ish I am going to jump back in, been stuck at this weight for EVER! I did ski like a madman last week!

Skiing 174/171/155

Great job losing 3 lbs last week, Skiing!

Damn, Capt...how the heck did you lose 7 pounds in a week?

2 pounds is pretty good, Bubba, considering you've been at this for some time now.

Kojak - 275/272.5/250ish I am going to jump back in, been stuck at this weight for EVER! I did ski like a madman last week!

What do you mean you've been "stuck at this weight forever"? By my records, Kojak, the last time you posted in Jan 007, you were at 270.5, so that means you put ON two pounds. What the heck happened? B)

Skiing 174/171/155

Great job losing 3 lbs last week, Skiing!

Damn, Capt...how the heck did you lose 7 pounds in a week?

2 pounds is pretty good, Bubba, considering you've been at this for some time now.

What do you mean you've been "stuck at this weight forever"? By my records, Kojak, the last time you posted in Jan 007, you were at 270.5, so that means you put ON two pounds. What the heck happened? B)

What I mean is, on my weight chart, I have been stuck in the mid 270's for quite a while, I have touched 270 a couple of times but for the most part I seem to stay around 273-277. I feel better than I have in a while, and I feel that the skiing proved that I am in fairly decent shape, at least cardio shape! I just can't drop any pounds and it gets frustrating, because I know how to do it, I just can't stop eating too much!

KA, I'm kinda following the Weight Watchers method like I did last year. I've calculated (based on my weight, age and activity level)

that I can eat 28 points a day. Each food has a point value, Apple = 1 pt, Tuna sandwich = 3 points...etc. So, I've really really cut down my intake compared to before...been eating 14 to 18 points a day so far. And, I've been spending 45 minutes on the treadmill for 5 days last week. I'm going to ramp up the speed on the treadmill a bit this week and will continue to do so in week increments. Now for the trick I use...On fridays, I eat a decent lunch (about a 6 pointer) then I skip dinner and instead work out (not the exercize kind of work-out) in my shop and drink about 12 beers (lite)...I spend so much time pissing friday night that when I wake up in the morning I'm so damn dehydrated that I'm not weighing a bunch of water weight. So, the beer portion of my diet is very important...at least thats what I tell my wife!

I haven't had a soda or cafene since Jan 07 and I started eating a bowl of oatmeal each morning. I've been told soda and cafene

can make weight loss dificult...even if it's diet pop.

.... and drink about 12 beers (lite)...I spend so much time pissing friday night that when I wake up in the morning I'm so damn dehydrated that I'm not weighing a bunch of water weight. So, the beer portion of my diet is very important...at least thats what I tell my wife!

Finally...a diet I could live with!

I haven't had a soda or cafene since Jan 07 and I started eating a bowl of oatmeal each morning. I've been told soda and cafene

can make weight loss dificult...even if it's diet pop.

I've heard that about soda. I don't understand though. No calories, no fat grams, hardly anything except some sodium, I think. Do you have any idea what is wrong about diet pepsi? I drink a LOT of diet caffeine free pepsi. I hate to stop drinking it unless I have some valid reason for doing so.

Skiing 174/171/155

Guapo - 228-218-198ish