Quit Smokeless Community
Flavius Victor

Roll Call

Capt. Kirk    2

March 09! This is going to be an awesome group. I'm in March 05 and I can tell you that there's just something about

March groups. I don't know what it is, we're just better looking, we've got sack that would make an elephant envious and

we can make the nic bitch cry for mama.

This new group is your opportunity to take the next step in the journey to save your life. You've got an addiction to something that

has been designed to kill you. It lures you with that "look at me, I'm a chewing stud", then it transforms into "OK, I look a little stupid

here but I like it so screw everybody else" then it brings you to today where you're thinking "alright, the shit has me by the balls and these sores

in my mouth have me a bit concerned".

You've tried to quit a thousand times and each ended in failure...join the crowd! Each of us has been in your exact position and we're here to help you.

You need to know that this is going to be the hardest thing you've done in your life but it will be the most rewarding and beneficial thing you've done.

Your wife and kids look at you as if you're some kind of drug junkie, you steal away to be with the nic bitch and leave your wife and kids alone to fend

for themselves. You may not know it but your balls are in the hands of the nic bitch and whatever she wants she's going to get. It's by getting your ass

in this group and participating in this site that you'll be able to break the ties that are binding you and find the freedom that you're looking for. It's hard but

it's possible and with your dedication it will happen. I dipped a tin every day or two for 23 years and I had the illusion that I loved the shit. I had the illusion

that dip defined me. That friends wouldn't recognize me if I didn't have a dip and wasn't spitting on their shoes. Here I am a few days away from 4 years quit

and I look back to realzie how stupid I was. There was nobody around that was more addicted to copenhagen than I was and here I am...4 years clean. You should take this as an example that you can and will do this. I have no reason to promote quitting. I'm not making any money, I'm not getting a BJ from 2oyr and I don't own stock in the site. My motivation is that I've been where you are. I know the pain you're going through and I now know that there is a whole lot of peace in being free from the shit. You'll make friends here that will last a lifetime. They will be in the trenches right along with you during the good times and the bad...a perfect stranger will help you save your life and you will create a bond similar to soldiers in a foxhole.

I encourage you to quit today and post your roll call. We will be here to help you along the way.

PJSMITTY    0

Pjsmitty - 515, Yes that's five hundred and fifteen day's. I never thought in many many years of addiction that I would someday be here. I hope that my sucess can inspire you as the good Capt's and many others have inspired me. Good luck new quiters.

Copper    0

Copper<303> You are reading this right now contemplating whether you should really do it or not. It is a big step, but you can do it. I was the same way on January 25, 2008.

I could not have made it this far without this site. The support on here is second to none, and you can't help but succeed if you stay active. Get into this site and use it religiously.

Throw out that can and commit to the quit.

It will be tough, but you can do it. It will be the best decision of your life, for your life!

Just quit for this day. We will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

NMB    58

March 2009 HOF Group

Saturday, November 22, 2008

=====================================================================

New Quitters

Supporting the new guys

Copper<303> Get in here and promise me you won't dip today. C'mon, you can do it!

Will - 150 - be the first, it will be the best decision you ever made. guaranteed.

Professor - Day 82 - If I can do it, you can do!

13Under The Gun -28- Just take it one day at a time... You know you can do it.

NMB -363- You will not regret quitting, I promise!!

imskratty    3

Sack up and just quit already. Stop letting that can of shit make your decisions for you.

Who's got the balls enough to be the first one in this group?

Do it. There's a ton of us here to help you.

What are you fucking waiting for???

Sack up and just quit already. Stop letting that can of shit make your decisions for you.

Who's got the balls enough to be the first one in this group?

Do it. There's a ton of us here to help you.

What are you fucking waiting for???

YEAH!!! What he said!!!!

20yrUser    1

Go ahead and join up now. I am 14 days quit today and it really feels great to become the master of my own destiny. You can too just throw it out and sign in.

Edited by 20yrUser

Dave_L    0

March 2009 HOF Group

Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Quitters

Dave_L - 2

Supporting the new guys

Muddler - 455- New quitters this is where you start.

Pjsmitty 516

Ravens -406- take your life back starting today

Moose - 84 days quit - join the revolution

Copper<304> No better decision than the decision to live.

NMB -364- Copper is right! Decide to live and quit today!

dos-337-time to start saving your life one day at a a time.

Dave_L - 2

Nice to have you here, Dave. Tell us a little about yourself. What do you do for a living? How old are you? Why are you quitting? You're the first quitter in this new quit group. You can set the bar for all the rest that will be joining in the next 30 days. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any. Post often. Joke, vent, cry, whatever. Invest a lot of time in the site and in your quit, and you'll reap great rewards. Freedom from the can is worth all of the work that goes into a quit.

Copper    0
Dave_L - 2

Now that's what I'm talking about! All you guys thinking about quitting, come on in and join. Dave here has broke the ice and needs some company!

ItsTom    0

March 2009 HOF Group

New Quitters

Dave_L - 2

Its Tom - 2 days.

Supporting the new guys

Pjsmitty 516

nomas60 -- 194 -- Welcome ALL New Quitters. Saving your life is what this is all about.

Edited by ItsTom

Dave_L    0

Thanks for the welcome. B)

I'm a software developer, in my 50s. I smoked two packs day for 20 years. After quitting smoking, I eventually started using snuff, and have been doing that for almost 20 years.

Why I'm quitting:

My blood pressure has been a bit high for a while. Since I eat healthy and exercise, I couldn't think of any reason for that other than nicotine. So I thought I'd see if cutting out the nicotine would make a difference. Another reason is that eventually I'd probably get oral cancer, as my dentist has nagged me about numerous times.

I haven't been able to find any of the fake stuff at local stores, so I've been using menthol cough drops as a substitute. Coffee grounds (decaf) help too; the consistency is very close to Copenhagen.

PJSMITTY    0

Welcome Dave and Tom. You have made the right choice. Feel free to call on anyone in this sight via PM if you need anything and good luck in your quit.

ItsTom    0
Welcome Dave and Tom. You have made the right choice. Feel free to call on anyone in this sight via PM if you need anything and good luck in your quit.

Thanks, PJ. I appreciate that.

Dave....Looks like it's you and I. Good to see I'm not the only newbie here. These first days suck don't they?

I'm 32. Started dipping when I was 19 (thanks to my buddies at the School of Infantry). Copenhagen was everywhere in the Marine Corps so it was tough to even think about quiting.

Now I'm married to a beautiful woman that has put up with my snuff too long. I'm tired of lying to her and I'm sick of having funk-breath. Additionally, I would like to continue being able to kiss my lovely wife. I really don't want to lose half of my face.

Any tips on what to expect within the first 7 days? I've been antsy, unable to focus, irritable, and in a bit of a haze. I wake up every hour...on the hour at night. Having a very difficult time not thinking about Cope. This blows.

Any hints on how to get through these first few days.

Dave....Looks like it's you and I. Good to see I'm not the only newbie here. These first days suck don't they?

I'm 32. Started dipping when I was 19 (thanks to my buddies at the School of Infantry). Copenhagen was everywhere in the Marine Corps so it was tough to even think about quiting.

Now I'm married to a beautiful woman that has put up with my snuff too long. I'm tired of lying to her and I'm sick of having funk-breath. Additionally, I would like to continue being able to kiss my lovely wife. I really don't want to lose half of my face.

Any tips on what to expect within the first 7 days? I've been antsy, unable to focus, irritable, and in a bit of a haze. I wake up every hour...on the hour at night. Having a very difficult time not thinking about Cope. This blows.

The sleep will work itself out first, the fog (haze, inability to focus) takes a while, thinking about cope, a little bit longer...

Help..

Cranberry juce and water, sip it all day long. Helps give your brain some food, till you figure out how to eat without nic's help.. The craves.... they last only a few minutes, I know it seems like hours but time it, they really are short lived.. Eat lite, eat often, get some serious exercise... Call a quit brother, someone from your group is the best, you can bitch about it together.. Most of all, just quit for Today, or this hour, or just this few minutes.. it will all add up.. Life is fantastic without that shit..

Matt Dog    14

Hints?

Sure, just don't do it. Whatever else you are feeling, don't put that shit back in your mouth. You might not sleep well for a few days, you might have trouble taking a dump, you might be irritable, angry, incoherent, and an overall pain in the ass to be around for all those people who have to be near you. But putting tobacco back in your mouth WILL NOT be an option for you.

Eat what you want, don't worry about how well you are functioning otherwise, as long as you keep that one goal (you know the one) front and center, you'll be fine. With time it gets easier.

Simple as that.

Muddler    80
Thanks for the welcome. B)

I'm a software developer, in my 50s. I smoked two packs day for 20 years. After quitting smoking, I eventually started using snuff, and have been doing that for almost 20 years.

Why I'm quitting:

My blood pressure has been a bit high for a while. Since I eat healthy and exercise, I couldn't think of any reason for that other than nicotine. So I thought I'd see if cutting out the nicotine would make a difference. Another reason is that eventually I'd probably get oral cancer, as my dentist has nagged me about numerous times.

I haven't been able to find any of the fake stuff at local stores, so I've been using menthol cough drops as a substitute. Coffee grounds (decaf) help too; the consistency is very close to Copenhagen.

Glad to see you here.

The fake stuff can be hard to find . Around here it is at WalMart and the local grocery store. I have never seen it at the convenience store. Personally, I used cotton balls.

That's right. Cotton balls. I would rip them up into dip size and put em in the exact spot I use to pack my dip. Early on I would dip them in mouthwash for a little zip. The critical part, the cotton ball felt like my old chew. It helped a lot. Try it out, it is cheaper than the fake stuff. It helped keep me clean.

Wilson    0

March 2009 HOF Group

New Quitters

Dave_L - 2

Its Tom - 2 days.

Supporting the new guys

Pjsmitty 516

nomas60 -- 194 -- Welcome ALL New Quitters. Saving your life is what this is all about.

STB CDLXXVI (a few days) Welcome, you look out the front, get past this day, we got your back..

Bryce 250- applaud the move my friends. The benfits from quitting are innumerable.

Wilson- Day 91 Promise not to dip for the day...do it again tomorrow...hand in there new guys...

Dave_L    0

March 2009 HOF Group

Monday, November 24, 2008

New Quitters

Dave_L - 3

Supporting the new guys

ItsTom    0

March 2009 HOF Group

Monday, November 24, 2008

New Quitters

Dave_L - 3

Its Still Tom - 3 - Good morning everyone!

Supporting the new guys

STB CDLXXVII Nice Job Dave_L Day 3 is huge in your quit, the Nic is out of your system today, good job, see ya here tomorrow..

dos-336-nice work Dave_L! it is a good day to be quit. your mission today: make it to bed tonight without chewing! if you accomplish anything else that is just extra.

Copper<305> Good job, Dave. Day 3 is big. Welcome, Its Tom!

Dave_L - 3

Good morning, Dave! How is day 3 treating you so far? What kind of symptoms are you experiencing...lack of sleep? Irritability? Inability to concentrate? Headaches? It takes about 3 days for the nicotine to leave your body, so after today, the physical withdrawals (if any) should be gone. But keep in mind, the mental aspect of quitting goes on for a long time. It will still take a long time to "re-train" your mind to live without tobacco. But you can do it, and you WILL do it. We all went thru what you are going thru now. And as they say, "if we can do it, YOU can do it!" Do you think it will be easier or harder to stay quit on the weekday as opposed to the weekend?

ItsTom    0

Well, guys...it's time for the real test for me. My first workweek without a tin. Got a baggy full of cottonballs and a shirt pocket full of toothpicks. I'll get through the day and check in with ya this evening.

Have a good day, gents.