Quit Smokeless Community
Killerattorney

Roll Call

NO TOBACCO TODAY

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quitters:

SSG_G Day 0

Supporters:

ironmaiden Day 28 Come on in new quitters. Tobacco sucks. Time to give it up and feel good!

Bigmoe -397- Find freedom you never knew right here.

NO TOBACCO TODAY

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quitters:

SSG_G Day 0

Irshprde - 1 - Yep, 119 days in and I caved like a chump.....Nic bitch had me for a week, it wasn't the same.

Supporters:

ironmaiden Day 28 Come on in new quitters. Tobacco sucks. Time to give it up and feel good!

SSG_G Day 0

Welcome to QSSN, SSG_G! I see that today is your quit day. FYI, if you are on roll call, you are promising that you will not use any tobacco from this point on. If that is your promise, you can put today down as Day 1 instead of Day 0. Or, if you dipped or chewed today and just want to count your first full day tobacco-free as Day 1, that's alright, too. Let us know if we can help you in any way or if you have any questions. This group just started today, so keep in mind there will be many, many more quitters joining your group in the coming month. Hang tough....you will be successful!

Irshprde - 1 - Yep, 119 days in and I caved like a chump.....Nic bitch had me for a week, it wasn't the same.

Welcome back. Glad you swallowed your Irish pride and got back to quitting. Lesson learned, now let's just move on. You know the drill and how this is done. I look forward to seeing you help SSG and the other future members of the July 2009 quit group to be successful. You can help them learn from your mistake. PM is you need anything.

SSG_G Day 0

Welcome to QSSN, SSG_G! I see that today is your quit day. FYI, if you are on roll call, you are promising that you will not use any tobacco from this point on. If that is your promise, you can put today down as Day 1 instead of Day 0. Or, if you dipped or chewed today and just want to count your first full day tobacco-free as Day 1, that's alright, too. Let us know if we can help you in any way or if you have any questions. This group just started today, so keep in mind there will be many, many more quitters joining your group in the coming month. Hang tough....you will be successful!

Thanks for all of the support today! I haven't dipped today, although it is awfully tempting. This is not my first quit, but I really want to make it my last. I've got my first baby due in May and I think that this time right now will be the last time I'm gonna get in at least the next 18 years.

Thanks, again for all of the support!

-Matt

SSG_G Day 0

Thanks for all of the support today! I haven't dipped today, although it is awfully tempting. This is not my first quit, but I really want to make it my last. I've got my first baby due in May and I think that this time right now will be the last time I'm gonna get in at least the next 18 years.

Thanks, again for all of the support!

-Matt

K.A. - Thank you for all your hard-work on this site, and most importantly....thank you for all the support you give all the fellow quitters.

Matt (SSG_G) - We can do this! I got out of the Army as a SSG and I know much temptation there is in the military. Congratulations on the soon to be new-born. If you need anything PM me........

NO TOBACCO TODAY

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quitters:

SSG_G Day 0

Outlander - Day 1, I am done

Supporters:

Pjsmitty - 637 Come get some quit!

Chewless -134--- DAMN IRSH I DIDN'T KNOW---SORRY! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!

Edited by outlander1

Outlander,

Congratulations and Welcome!!! When the craves, hit, which they will badly over the next several days, lets hear about them. Cuss, swear, vent, but don't dip! If you need some offline advice, feel free to PM me or ask on the board.

HEY LOOKERS!

In case there are any of you out there looking over these posts, wondering whether or not to join the party, I would like to say the following.

Please, please, before you do, do yourself a favor. Go to the mirror, and look yourself in the eye. Look hard. You have your reasons to quit. You have your fears. You know this is going to be hard, and you know better than to kid yourself. This is quite possbily the hardest thing you will have ever done, so you need to be prepared. Now, there is something inside you that you will need for your journey, and before you jump onto the freedom train, you'd best take a moment to find it and bring it with you. You will find it deep inside your eyes as you stare into that mirror. It is this: the knowledge that you have the power to do it.

Nobody here will tell you it is easy. It is not. But every supporter out there yearns to shout out at you: "HECK, IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!." It is true. You CAN do it. Find that inside yourself. Say it to yourself: I CAN DO THIS. Believe it, because it is true. You can, and you will.

Now go ahead and post your first day, alongside your quit brothers. Make that promise for today. It is only one day. One day! You can do that.

Heck, if I can do it, SO CAN YOU.

NO TOBACCO TODAY

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quitters:

SSG_G Day 0

Buzzkill - Day 1

Supporters:

BackHome 396 - It is hell, but it is worth it. After 20 years of dipping, believe me, it is worth it.

Roch - 397 - Welcome aboard and back...whichever applies...good decision either way!

Hoghead69---74--Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud.

I've been dipping on and off (mostly on) for 21 years. I've quit a few times, once for over a year. I've come to understand that I can't dip socially, every once in a while - it's all or nothing for me. So it's nothing. I am just sick of this crap and sick of myself. Well, that's done. Let go boys - tuck your nuts and let's do this ~

NO TOBACCO TODAY

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quitters:

SSG_G Day 0

Buzzkill - Day 1

Supporters:

BackHome 396 - It is hell, but it is worth it. After 20 years of dipping, believe me, it is worth it.

Roch - 397 - Welcome aboard and back...whichever applies...good decision either way!

Hoghead69---74--Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud.

JoeIndo - 277 - First day of the rest of your life gents. Welcome. You can do it.

SSG_G Day 0

Buzzkill - Day 1

Nice to have 4 new members of the July 2009 quit group. That's a great start for a brand new quit group. Make sure all of you return early tomorrow with your name on roll call and determination in your heart to beat this addiction. If you're having any problems, let someone know. Don't try to sneak off quietly and cave. Be active and you'll be successful.

I've been dipping on and off (mostly on) for 21 years. I've quit a few times, once for over a year. I've come to understand that I can't dip socially, every once in a while - it's all or nothing for me. So it's nothing. I am just sick of this crap and sick of myself. Well, that's done. Let go boys - tuck your nuts and let's do this ~

Great attitude Buzz, I am a junkie to tobacco, it took me a long time to realize that the only control I will ever have is to completely eliminate tobacco from my life, there is no such thing as just one, or just a smoke, it is an powerful addiction to a known killer! It defies logic, as a tobacco junkie you are not alone on this website, learn from the vets, log in often, use candy, gum, seeds, but never put that crap in your body again.

Dun4good

Edited by Dun4Good

Congrats to all you guys! As of yesterday I am a 5yr veteran of the July'04 group so there's always a connection to the July groups for me. Rely on your quit group and supporters if you find yourself slipping. You can find me and a bunch of other old farts in the 02, 03, 04 OT hangout ... somebody is always there if need to vent or just need a recipe (ya, my group is known for eating now B) ). Good luck to you all!

NO TOBACCO TODAY

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quitters:

Buzzkill - Day 2

Outlander - Day 2

Supporters:

Professor - 205 - Buzz, I love old school speedracer! Great Avatar and Great decision to quit.

Bigmoe -398- Buzz, keep you foot on the accelerator.

Kurt Kiefer - 334 - Awesome decision Buzzkill, now show your strength to others by not putting that shit in your mouth today!!!

NO TOBACCO TODAY

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quitters:

Buzzkill - Day 2

Outlander - Day 2

Supporters:

Professor - 205 - Buzz, I love old school speedracer! Great Avatar and Great decision to quit.

Kurt Kiefer - 334 - Awesome decision Buzzkill, now show your strength to others by not putting that shit in your mouth today!!!

Muddler - 577 - Just keep quitting - one day at a time.

Roch - 398 - Stay quit for today and embrace the suck!

marmar 418 - It's the start of a journey, embrace the suck

Hey guys, I have no idea how to post. Are there instructions anywhere to help me out?

Thanks - SSG G

Click here for the link to the instructions on how to post roll call. It's pinned to the top of the quit groups, underneath the two newest groups.

"Posting Roll Call" is a daily promise we make to our fellow quitters that we will not use tobacco today. Quitting forever can seem overwhelming. But anyone can quit for one day. So you should make posting roll call a daily routine that you perform as early as possible.

HOW TO POST ROLL CALL:

Step 1 - Find the most recent Roll Call in your quit group.*

Step 2 - Click on the "Reply" button in the bottom right hand corner of that Roll Call.

Step 3 - Highlight then delete all of the first line of text which reads something like this: [ quote name=........... ]

Step 4 - Highlight then delete all of the last line of text which reads: [ /quote ].

Step 5 - Type your info after the last name in the first group of names (the second group of names is for supporters of your group's members).**

Step 6 - Below the box you just typed in, scroll down and click on the "Add Reply" button.

Step 7 - Pat yourself on the back, because you have just made a solemn promise to your fellow quitters that you will do whatever it takes today not to use tobacco.

Step 8 - Come back tomorrow and we'll do it again!

*Your quit group is the group of people who have quit dipping around the same time as you. The quit groups are broken up into groups according to what month those members will hit the "Hall of Fame", which is what we call hitting the 100th day without using tobacco. These fellow quitters will be going through similar experiences around the same time as you, and you can benefit from sharing these common experiences with each other.

**The main info is your member name and the quit day you are on. But you can include other info if you choose.

Hey guys, I have no idea how to post. Are there instructions anywhere to help me out?

Thanks - SSG G

I'm on Day 2 as well.

You have found the right quit group. Click on this link for instructions on how to post your daily roll call pledging you will not dip that day.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009[/size]

Quitters:

Buzzkill - Day 2

Outlander - Day 2

Irshprde - 2 - In a meeting, but will chime in later.

Supporters:

Edited by Irshprde24

Wednesday, March 25, 2009[/size]

Quitters:

Buzzkill - Day 2

Outlander - Day 2

Irshprde - 2 - In a meeting, but will chime in later.

SSG_G - Day 2 - Heavy traffic this morning caused me to take some by-ways to get to work which forced me to drive by six 7-Elevens and at least a dozen cash stations...

Supporters: