Flavius Victor

Roll Call

43,898 posts in this topic

For those members of May, June and July 04 (or before) who need a quit group to hang out in.

Very Warm Saturday Roll Call

=============================

Tractor - 1177

The prelude is over now the real heat is a coming

Tractor - 1177

subcooling - 1,217

Tractor - 1177

subcooling - 1,217

J5K - 1195

I think I'll put up a wind mill to drive the well today. Oh, I forgot, I need a permit from the county. And, oh yeah, the CC&R's say I can have such a structure. Well, better go hire a land use attorney. The thought of this is making me tired. On second thought, I think I'll go buy a 3500HD that gets about 10 miles to the gallon and drive into SF for some supper.

Bufff, the above scenario is why alternative energy doesn't work. And, that scenario is for a wind mill. Imagine, ugly solar panels and wind turbines.

Have a happy and a healthy!

Tractor - 1177

subcooling - 1,217

J5K - 1195

Buff - Day 1,145

How about those Royals! 8-1 over the WS, the boy and I will be there tonight, IF it ever stops raining! And if we win tonight we tie, if we sweep we are out of the cellar!! w00t! ^_^

1 person likes this

J5K,

Your cumbersome rules are only for north Mexico and other environs where the locals get all weird about such things. There are not many windmill blocking restrictions in Kansas. And passive roof mounted solar panels are not refused anywhere that I know about. I know things are goofy in north Mexico, but that is the exception and not the rule. ^_^

Tractor,

Heat? Right now it is raining steadily and 63 chilly degrees. Supposed to rain all day. A few days ago they were saying it was going to be 90 and sunny today. I am in the same storm path that subcooling is in. I am not complaining-we have only had 4-5 inches of rain. 50 miles to the south of me they have had over 10 inches of rain in 3 days. So I am ok-the sump pump hole is only half full, and the standing water outside is not too bad, so not too unusual for our land of extremes known as the Sunflower State ^_^

I do realize that soon things will change and we will heat up, but as I type this, we have had only 1 day above 90, I believe, so far this year. Crazy, huh? I am starting to think I am in Colorado in July :ph43r:

J5K,

Your cumbersome rules are only for north Mexico and other environs where the locals get all weird about such things. There are not many windmill blocking restrictions in Kansas. And passive roof mounted solar panels are not refused anywhere that I know about. I know things are goofy in north Mexico, but that is the exception and not the rule. ^_^

I seem to remember a recent brant (that's a Buff rant) about how California was so progressive with regards to environment.

I think I'll go buy a 3500HD that gets about 10 miles to the gallon and drive into SF for some supper.

Can you get me a big bowl of Cioppini from Scoma's?

Tractor - 1177

subcooling - 1,217

J5K - 1195

Buff - Day 1,145

Bubba - 1,342

penguin - 1,229

bufff - I think your off a day

I came home from NY, Tyler's spring season is over, summer season started today. I'm heading to the mountains tomorrow. No cell phone, no email, lots of beer, good food, tent, sleeping bag, wood and a couple good books. Kids will be up on Tuesday and we leave on Saturday. I felt guilty that I was going on another trip without the kids, would have been the third one in a row. SO I switched it up, maybe do the baseball tour next year with them. Just thinking of what that would cost me is giving me the chills. What a difference a week makes here at the beach. When I left it was very quiet, today there is way too much traffic, noise, and people. Not enough bikinis though. You fockers have a good 4th.

Subby....

You sir are a GOD. I just fixed up a batch of ABT's and let me tell you...I could die today and be a happy man. I honestly believe they ARE a food group all to themselves (thanks Tractor).

Interestingly enough, my son, who doesn't like spicy foods, ate three or four himself. Suffice to say, they were a hit. I won't go into details on how many I made (or how many I ate) but, there won't be any left-overs and I'll need to run an extra 5 miles tomorrow to make up for em'.

Genius, pure genius.

Flav, thanks for the reminder. Need to find ABT recipe, and add ingredients to tomorrow's shopping list.

Apparently the beach has decided to do some sort of fireworks display on a regular basis this summer with tonight being the first night. 25 minutes of mediocre fireworks almost across the street. gotta go talk the cat out of the upper corner of the closet.

Tractor - 1177

subcooling - 1,217

J5K - 1195

Buff - Day 1,145

Bubba - 1,342

penguin - 1,229

Turkeydave - 1,344

bubba! enjoy the fireworks and bikinis.

Have fun on your trip. Hope you're able to relax, and cut yourself off of the grid.

Bedtime, somehow I managed to not really do anything today.

kinda nice really.

Hotter Sunday Rollng in Roll Call

===================================

Tractor - 1178

Tractor - 1178

J5K - 1196

Tractor - 1178

J5K - 1196

subcooling - 1,218

2 people like this

Tractor - 1178

J5K - 1196

subcooling - 1,218

Buff - Day 1,145 Ground Hog Day! :rolleyes: Thank you, Uncle Bubba! ^_^

Well, the boy and I had a great time last night, even though the boys in blue lost to those nasty White Sox. Dotel blew it again...

But the rain finally stopped (4 inches at my casa in the past two days, over 6 inches for the week, but down south of me near Iola {Tractor we drove near there on the way to C in C} they had between 15-20 inches. Just 40 miles south of me is a wide area of 10+ inches-crazy!) and we got the game in. The game went so quick we decided to seek autographs after the game. The boy got his Royals jersey signed by 7 or 8 players, including his favorite, Sweeney. He also got sigs from Tony Pena, Jr., Billy Butler, Alex Gordon, and several others. A nice night.

Ok, I have not run in a week, since my race last Saturday. I decided to take a vacation. But...this time next Sunday I will have completed my first triathalon. So, I need to get back and get busy. Plus, no telling how much the bird has ran in HI-he may be kicking my butt. Plus I need to bike some to get ready for the tri. Hopefully I will get kickstarted and run a lot in July!

Got work to do. Later.

Soggy Monday Roll Call

====================================

subcooling - 1,219

Subby....

You sir are a GOD. I just fixed up a batch of ABT's and let me tell you...I could die today and be a happy man. I honestly believe they ARE a food group all to themselves (thanks Tractor).

Interestingly enough, my son, who doesn't like spicy foods, ate three or four himself. Suffice to say, they were a hit. I won't go into details on how many I made (or how many I ate) but, there won't be any left-overs and I'll need to run an extra 5 miles tomorrow to make up for em'.

Genius, pure genius.

well my wife tells me all the time what a god i am but not for the ABT's. i can't take credit for inventing them. i merely introduced them to the masses here. so maybe a comparison to Moses would be appropriate but not God. i'm too humble for that.

glad you enjoyed them.

Soggy Monday Roll Call

Pete - 1,135

subcooling - 1,219

Soggy Monday Roll Call

Pete - 1,135

subcooling - 1,219

55Cameo - 1302

We could use some rain. Send some back this direction.

Soggy Monday Roll Call

Pete - 1,135

subcooling - 1,219

55Cameo - 1302

Pitch - 1,150