55 - 4894

J5K    49

Roll Call

Bubba - 4936

mahum 4374

Subcooling - 4811

55 - 4894

J5K 4789

Dad, yes, I'm still working for the American People. Usual deal, government steals 70% and let's me keep 30%. Working towards starting to build our house in MT starting in July.

Matt Dog    14

Roll Call

Bubba - 4940

Matt - 3867

Must admit, I do not understand this group. It has no fung schway. No flow, no apparent rhyme or reason.

Must admit, I do not understand this group. It has no fung schway. No flow, no apparent rhyme or reason.

Was that a prerequisite? If so, I'm failing miserably...

I'm not even going to try and figure out the last time I was in here.

I can honestly say I don't need this place anymore. I've been quit for 12 years but it seems like I never started. I have memories but they are more like watching someone elses old home movies.. that guy wasn't me! I don't think about, I don't desire it, no longing for the good old days. Nothing. The only thing that keeps me here is you guys, to see what's going on, and, since i'm the chief cook and bottle washer, I'm sort of supposed to come around from time to time. Most of you we keep track via text messages on the phone or facebook.

So:

I'm a grandpa! He's 11 months old so it's not new news but it's not fake news. He's amazing and I love being a papaw!

My boss quit in March so I've been the interim Director of Global Data Center Operation/Infrastructure for our company for the past few months; a job I hate. We have multiple data centers across the globe and every time a frame, server, storage array farts, I get a nice wake-up call. The fvcking hardware is older that chit; most of it went end-of-life a few years ago. Our data center manager and his team do a great job at trying to keep everything up and running but seriously, this stuff is so old it break down almost weekly. Luckily our production ERP systems (yes, there are multiple) are running on newer-ish equipment so those are mostly stable. I'll be jet-setting around Europe next week doing a couple of data center assessments for my VP. Did I mention I hate this job? Most weekends are spent on bridge calls for maintenance or outages. My work days start at 5 am on calls with the EMEA teams/executives and normally ends around midnight, wrapping up calls with our Asia/Pacific teams/executives and evening maintenance calls. In case I haven't said it, I hate this job. When asked if I wanted it permanently, I politely declined. I don't care how much of a raise it would be, it ain't worth it.

I texted this photo to my old boss last night with a message saying "Thanks for bailing on me asshole!"; he replied "You're Welcome :P "

180bc070ad715a97fbec94bbf65b8949.jpg

Enough b1tching. I get to fly to Europe again this weekend.. so, yay?

Everyone doing ok? Guess I'll read through some posts or something while I wait for someone else to call me with a problem or complaint.

... Is it overly obvious to put its replacement in the Amazon cart?

Not if it's one of these bad-boys

18501001B_1800x1800330311.png

Matt Dog    14

Was that a prerequisite? If so, I'm failing miserably...

Clearly I don't make the rules, so... no, I wouldn't think so. I agree with your comment above/below, I don't really need this place either. I do think about it occasionally though. Picking it back up, so I don't ever want to get complacent. I believe I could do that without this site, but really, it's not worth testing the theory.

55Cameo    7

Have any of you guys been around a Napolean gas grill?

PapaBubba    17

When I hot the Quote button nothing happens. What gives?

Dad, decent grill but like anything else these days not built like it used to be. The new Weber Genesis grills seem to be decent, 10 year warranty on the burners, ignition, stainless steel cook grates and flavorizer bars. Will be cooking on one in the next couple weeks for some grilling demos at work. Also check out Saber. Decent grill with quality stainless for decent price. Our customers have liked them.

PapaBubba    17

as far as this place having no fung schway; we all come from different walks of life, values, political views, geographical areas, and age groups. If this place was a perfect utopia I would be concerned. I came here to quit, I succeeded up to now, I made some great friends. But we are a like a dysfunctional family and I am perfectly ok with that.

Keep your quit on and don't turn down the potato salad.

mahum    6

as far as this place having no fung schway; we all come from different walks of life, values, political views, geographical areas, and age groups. If this place was a perfect utopia I would be concerned. I came here to quit, I succeeded up to now, I made some great friends. But we are a like a dysfunctional family and I am perfectly ok with that.

Who would ever pass on the tater salad?

The only computer I can quote on is a Mac that is running Firefox. FWIW Chorme and Safari do not work on this computer and Chrome, Internet Excploder, and Firefox do not work on my PC either.

I bought a new Weber Performer. I did figure out that the last one was 10 years old. In Weber's defense, I never replaced the cover and it was outside year round in Houston. But then again, you can grill the whole year in Houston.

The real problem for us is that everything is going to rust even if covered. I need to replace all of the lower vents on my two WSM as the rivets have rusted out.

mahum    6

Roll Call

Bubba - 4942

mahum 4380

Matt Dog    14

The only computer I can quote on is a Mac that is running Firefox. FWIW Chorme and Safari do not work on this computer and Chrome, Internet Excploder, and Firefox do not work on my PC either.

I bought a new Weber Performer. I did figure out that the last one was 10 years old. In Weber's defense, I never replaced the cover and it was outside year round in Houston. But then again, you can grill the whole year in Houston.

The real problem for us is that everything is going to rust even if covered. I need to replace all of the lower vents on my two WSM as the rivets have rusted out.

I'm going raw with my diet, with mostly unaltered plant foods. Unfortunately tater salad contains lots of things that are altered.

My work pooter, with IE as the browser, won't let me hit quote. No problems with home browser, Opera.

Matt Dog    14

Roll Call

Bubba - 4942

mahum 4380

Matt - 3869

No tater salad allowed, but don't quote me on that.

PapaBubba    17

my work computer I use Firefox, no go with the Quote button

My work iPad with Safari it works fine.

Who knows?

mahum    6

I'm going raw with my diet, with mostly unaltered plant foods. Unfortunately tater salad contains lots of things that are altered.

My work pooter, with IE as the browser, won't let me hit quote. No problems with home browser, Opera.

The closest I have been to that was following a vegan diet that did not allow consuming anything with more than 50% fat. Felt great got tired of having to prep all of my own food. Funny thing, when the kids would complain my wife would tell them not to worry because i had not sold the smoker.

mahum    6

Roll Call

Bubba - 4943

mahum 4381

Matt Dog    14

The closest I have been to that was following a vegan diet that did not allow consuming anything with more than 50% fat. Felt great got tired of having to prep all of my own food. Funny thing, when the kids would complain my wife would tell them not to worry because i had not sold the smoker.

Hah! That's funny.

I'm reading the book "Eat to Live" by a guy named Joel Furhman, MD. You know he knows what he's talking about because of the MD after his name.

No, sarcasm aside, I'm ready to give it a try because he promises that it comes down to ratio of nutrients to calories, and nothing beats the basic plant based foods: Greens, other veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. He's not a nazi about it either, says if you have a lot of weight to lose, he recommends staying away from animal based foods (meat, dairy, cheese). He really hates cheese! Seems to consider it the devil's food, or something like that.

His main gripe against meats is the density, meaning you get nutrients alright, but it costs too many calories to get them. Says you can get all your protein from plant sources.

We'll see. The key is, he says once you get used to a "toxin-free" diet, you won't be craving bad foods, and will only eat when you're truly hungry.

I can join his cult just as easily as any other. I'm on, I guess, by the way we do things here, Day 2. Slight headaches, but otherwise feeling alright, I guess. My diet wasn't the worst to begin with, my bigger problem has been overeating. And that's what he promises, the "need" to overeat goes away once we consume enough nutrients from lower calorie foods, and there's no real need to limit quantities. Big servings of broccoli, fruits, beans, tomatoes, and as big a salad you can make, at least once a day.

Like I said, we'll see.

mahum    6

Hah! That's funny.

I'm reading the book "Eat to Live" by a guy named Joel Furhman, MD. You know he knows what he's talking about because of the MD after his name.

No, sarcasm aside, I'm ready to give it a try because he promises that it comes down to ratio of nutrients to calories, and nothing beats the basic plant based foods: Greens, other veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc. He's not a nazi about it either, says if you have a lot of weight to lose, he recommends staying away from animal based foods (meat, dairy, cheese). He really hates cheese! Seems to consider it the devil's food, or something like that.

His main gripe against meats is the density, meaning you get nutrients alright, but it costs too many calories to get them. Says you can get all your protein from plant sources.

We'll see. The key is, he says once you get used to a "toxin-free" diet, you won't be craving bad foods, and will only eat when you're truly hungry.

I can join his cult just as easily as any other. I'm on, I guess, by the way we do things here, Day 2. Slight headaches, but otherwise feeling alright, I guess. My diet wasn't the worst to begin with, my bigger problem has been overeating. And that's what he promises, the "need" to overeat goes away once we consume enough nutrients from lower calorie foods, and there's no real need to limit quantities. Big servings of broccoli, fruits, beans, tomatoes, and as big a salad you can make, at least once a day.

Like I said, we'll see.

I know the book. I might actually have it. I have read a lot about diets and have tried most of them. My wife went on the Whole 30 Diet last year to try and resolve some inflammation and allergy issues she was having. The basic gist of the diet is meat, veggies, limited fruit, and potatoes. No sugar, grains, nuts, dairy, or stimulants are allowed. If you are otherwise a normal body type you do it for 30 days. If you have any type of autoimmune issue then you are on for 60-90 days. Once that is completed you start adding stuff back in. The end result is that I know I have a wheat issue which really sucks.

The best diet for getting fat off in my opinion is Tim Ferris' Slow Carb Diet. SIx days a week you eat meat, veggies, legumes, nuts and oils. One day a week you carb up. Not something you do for a long time but is pretty effective for a month or two.

I guess where I land on all of this is that our standard diet lacks vegetative matter and makes up for it with grains and cereals.