J5K    49

Roll Call

Bubba - 4984

J5K quit

subcooling    32

Roll Call

Bubba - 4985

Subby - 4860

Seriously, does the quit tracker still exist?  I don't see it anywhere.  I went back to my last roll call post and had to do actual math to post today.  ACTUAL MATH!

J5K    49

Roll Call

Bubba - 4985

Subby - 4860

J5K 4838

Good thing Sub posted up so I had only a small amount of math.

J5K    49

Destroyer of Worlds Roll Call

J5K 4839

Just started listening to Dan Carlin's latest Hard Core History podcast entitled, "Destroyer of Worlds" about the build up of nukes. Fascinating.

J5K    49

Thursday Roll Call

mahum 4425

J5K 4581

J5K    49

Friday Roll Call

J5K 4582

Bufffromks    45

Friday Roll Call

J5K 4582

Buff - Day xxxx. shit, I cannot remember.  It is either 198 or 202 less than Bubba, dammit.  So somewhere in the high 4700's...still quit and still good.

Hope all my quit brothers are doing well.  ^_^

Bufffromks    45

J5K,

That Left Coast sunshine must be jacking with your brain.  You quit before me, silly! 

55Cameo    7

Hello......hello.....????

• Like 1

PapaBubba    17
16 hours ago, Bufffromks said:
Buff - Day xxxx. shit, I cannot remember.  It is either 198 or 202 less than Bubba, dammit.  So somewhere in the high 4700's...still quit and still good

Today (Saturday) you are at 4791

• Like 1

J5K    49

Weekend Roll Call

Bubba - 4989

J5K 4842

Good to see you 55!

Edited by J5K

Matt Dog    14

Question asked on another group, so I'll toss it out here, as I'm open to advice.  So...

I purchased a couple weeks ago, a shotgun.  Never owned a shotgun before, never fired one before.  I have other guns, but this is my first of the blast-o-boomers.  I did my homework before going in, went to a good, reputable dealer, and the salesman convinced me it was worth getting a 20 gauge for home defense purposes, mainly because it is more flexible in a pinch, and less likely to cause collateral damage than a 12 gauge.  We considered a few models, and since I really wanted a simple pump action, and preferred the shortest barrel possible, we decided on a Mossberg 500.  Again, 20 gauge, 18" barrel.  Had to order it, because they were not in stock.

Picked it up today.  It's a 12 gauge, with a 20" barrel.  So... I know the difference between the two weapons.  All things considered though, since I paid for a 20 gauge, did I get an accidentally good deal here?  If you were me, would you take it back and get the weapon as it was originally intended?

Thanks in advance.  

J5K    49
17 hours ago, Matt Dog said:

Question asked on another group, so I'll toss it out here, as I'm open to advice.  So...

I purchased a couple weeks ago, a shotgun.  Never owned a shotgun before, never fired one before.  I have other guns, but this is my first of the blast-o-boomers.  I did my homework before going in, went to a good, reputable dealer, and the salesman convinced me it was worth getting a 20 gauge for home defense purposes, mainly because it is more flexible in a pinch, and less likely to cause collateral damage than a 12 gauge.  We considered a few models, and since I really wanted a simple pump action, and preferred the shortest barrel possible, we decided on a Mossberg 500.  Again, 20 gauge, 18" barrel.  Had to order it, because they were not in stock.

Picked it up today.  It's a 12 gauge, with a 20" barrel.  So... I know the difference between the two weapons.  All things considered though, since I paid for a 20 gauge, did I get an accidentally good deal here?  If you were me, would you take it back and get the weapon as it was originally intended?

Thanks in advance.  

Keep it, go buy some shells and practice. Good choice on the 500.

J5K    49

Mossberg 500 Rules Roll Call