Quit Smokeless Community

Bufffromks    45

So Happy It Is Friday Roll Call

========================

Buff - Day 4,804 (I think)  Thanks, Bubba!

mahum, down about 10-15 myself.  Started the couch to 5K with Mrs. Buff-enjoying that very much.  Also, the big news for me:  Going on 3 weeks with only water or coffee, no soda pop of any kind.  Some coffee in the morning (a few cups is the norm) then water the rest of the day.  And beer, of course, but I am trying to not drink as much while trying to get back into reasonable shape.

Keep up the good work, boys.  The 48th floor seems pretty nice, but I want to give a big shout out to Uncle Bubba for hitting floor #50.  5000 days kicks ass and takes names.

mahum    6
On 7/7/2017 at 0:29 PM, Bufffromks said:

mahum, down about 10-15 myself.  Started the couch to 5K with Mrs. Buff-enjoying that very much.  Also, the big news for me:  Going on 3 weeks with only water or coffee, no soda pop of any kind.  Some coffee in the morning (a few cups is the norm) then water the rest of the day.  And beer, of course, but I am trying to not drink as much while trying to get back into reasonable shape.

Keep up the good work, boys.  The 48th floor seems pretty nice, but I want to give a big shout out to Uncle Bubba for hitting floor #50.  5000 days kicks ass and takes names.

Good to hear. I am trying to balance running with losing weight. Not too concerned about distance yet and will work up to it. One of these days I want to run the Psycho Wyco.

My eldest child turned 21 today and my youngest starts college in a month.

• Like 1

Matt Dog    14
On 7/3/2017 at 8:42 AM, PapaBubba said:

For those of you having trouble trying to figure out your quit days there is still a QuitTracker on the quitsmokeless.org homepage.

Holy cow!  I just did this... I'm off by six days!  I'm posting elsewhere that today is 3930.  The tracker says 3936.  Maybe I was kidnapped by aliens and... probed.

Anyhoo, on another note, because the topic has come up, as of yesterday I'm down 36 lbs.  This is 10 weeks in, so by my complicated math calculations, that's 3.6 lbs per week.  

Clean living, gents.  That's the key.  About 5 days a week exercise (mostly cardio, some weights), and seven days a week, vegan diet.  Lots of greens, lots of fruits, all the other weird, exotic and ordinary veggies, beans, some nuts, a few supplements, and precious little caffeine, no added sugars or salts.  Boom.  Hunger cravings are non-existent, temptations are easily brushed aside.  This is the thing, fellas.  And it's so simple, and makes absolutely perfect sense.  Get your nutrition from the foods that occur naturally, and avoid the manufactured crap they push on us like crack dealers.  

Yes, it's possible to do this with meat/dairy in your diet.  As long as you limit it.  You can also "cheat" occasionally if you want, but that's going to affect the speed at which you lose weight.  So for me it makes no sense to cheat, because I still have quite a way to go toward an ideal weight.  I feel great, physically and mentally.  If it sounds like I'm recruiting others to join my cult, I can tell you I'm not selling anything, other than an opportunity for good health.  One we all deserve.  

• Like 1

mahum    6
On 7/14/2017 at 10:49 AM, Matt Dog said:

Holy cow!  I just did this... I'm off by six days!  I'm posting elsewhere that today is 3930.  The tracker says 3936.  Maybe I was kidnapped by aliens and... probed.

Anyhoo, on another note, because the topic has come up, as of yesterday I'm down 36 lbs.  This is 10 weeks in, so by my complicated math calculations, that's 3.6 lbs per week.  

Clean living, gents.  That's the key.  About 5 days a week exercise (mostly cardio, some weights), and seven days a week, vegan diet.  Lots of greens, lots of fruits, all the other weird, exotic and ordinary veggies, beans, some nuts, a few supplements, and precious little caffeine, no added sugars or salts.  Boom.  Hunger cravings are non-existent, temptations are easily brushed aside.  This is the thing, fellas.  And it's so simple, and makes absolutely perfect sense.  Get your nutrition from the foods that occur naturally, and avoid the manufactured crap they push on us like crack dealers.  

Yes, it's possible to do this with meat/dairy in your diet.  As long as you limit it.  You can also "cheat" occasionally if you want, but that's going to affect the speed at which you lose weight.  So for me it makes no sense to cheat, because I still have quite a way to go toward an ideal weight.  I feel great, physically and mentally.  If it sounds like I'm recruiting others to join my cult, I can tell you I'm not selling anything, other than an opportunity for good health.  One we all deserve.  

Congrats on the weight loss!

Is the vegan diet a permanent thing or a means to an end?

Definitely agree with the simple, whole foods idea. Shop around the outside edge of the grocery store. Keep it simple. My basic diet is veg, meat, beans six days a week and don't get your fingers near my mouth on the seventh day.

mahum    6

Drop the LBs roll call

mahum 4451

Bufffromks    45
On 7/13/2017 at 1:15 PM, mahum said:

Good to hear. I am trying to balance running with losing weight. Not too concerned about distance yet and will work up to it. One of these days I want to run the Psycho Wyco.

My eldest child turned 21 today and my youngest starts college in a month.

I lost 3 last week.  Sitting at 242.  About to drop into the 230's, which is a good thing.  I am doing the couch to 5K plan, and I am in a sprint tri in September. 

I think I am going to sign up for one loop of the PsychoWyco in 2018.

Congrats on the family growing up.  Who knew it would go so fast?  Crazy, right?  My youngest is 19 and heads to his sophomore year in college in less than a month.

Bufffromks    45
4 hours ago, mahum said:

Definitely agree with the simple, whole foods idea. Shop around the outside edge of the grocery store. Keep it simple. My basic diet is veg, meat, beans six days a week and don't get your fingers near my mouth on the seventh day.

Yes, Matt, congrats on the weight loss!  That is awesome. 

Matt Dog    14
11 hours ago, mahum said:

I can't seem to figure out how to get the text to quote more than one post at a time.  I have no idea what the "multiquote" button is supposed to do.

So thanks for the encouragement, fellas.  The vegan thing is not permanent, permanent, because I like meat, and have every intention of eating what I like, to some degree.  But the plan is, once I get to an idea weight (not for a while), make sure no more than 10% of my consumption is animal based foods.  I'm sure I can do it.  I like what I'm eating now, so I intend to keep the bulk of my diet the same, for as long as I'm here.

subcooling    32

Wednesday Roll Call

Subcooling - 4889 days quit / $23956.10 saved

Matt Dog    14

Wednesday Roll Call

Subcooling - 4889 days quit / $23956.10 saved

Matt -  3941 days quit / $31528.00 

I always calculated 2 cans a day, $4 a can, and I think that was an underestimate.  

J5K    49

The Eagle Has Landed Roll Call

J5K 4868

Heading to MT this afternoon for a pre-construction meeting. It's taken a long, long time to get to this point.

Edited by J5K
Apollo 13 was a big deal.

PapaBubba    17

Roll Call

Bubba - Quit

Doc, great news about MT!  I hope it gets built quickly.  Adding an underground bunker to the plans?

mahum    6
On 7/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, Bufffromks said:

I lost 3 last week.  Sitting at 242.  About to drop into the 230's, which is a good thing.  I am doing the couch to 5K plan, and I am in a sprint tri in September. 

I think I am going to sign up for one loop of the PsychoWyco in 2018.

Congrats on the family growing up.  Who knew it would go so fast?  Crazy, right?  My youngest is 19 and heads to his sophomore year in college in less than a month.

I put the Psycho Wyco on the calendar for 2018. I should be good for 20 and that will likely be a PB distance for me. Running a half marathon in January 2018. Hope to have dropped another 20 by then.

Matt Dog    14

Roll Call

Bubba - Still Quit

Matt - 3951 

I'll have to check the tracker, I think that's right.  

Matt Dog    14

Friday roll call

mahum 4468

Flav - 4624

Matt - 3958

Is it my imagination or does the site look a little different today?

Saturday Roll Call

Flav - 4625

Finally got a quit tracker back up and running on here.  Edit your profile to setup your quit date and your day's quit should show up at the top right of the site (next to your name).

PapaBubba    17
On 8/5/2017 at 11:43 AM, Flavius Victor said:

Saturday Roll Call

Flav - 4625

Finally got a quit tracker back up and running on here.  Edit your profile to setup your quit date and your day's quit should show up at the top right of the site (next to your name).

It appears to be off a couple days.