Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ohioman1972

Walker's world

Speaking of walking, here's some footage of Ohioman demonstrating the art of powerwalking (in a beached area of Miami, OHIO). Look at that manly man go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQc0grejTRI

See, I have youtube blocked. I can't even come back at ya. I can only imagine the horror of what I am missing.

2ish miles today. Took it slow, yesterday I didn't walk because my knee wasn't havin any part of it.

But I'll be jogging in 8 days. That's my goal.

Hiked 6 miles yesterday and my dog took a swim in the Ohio River.

Did your dog make it out? That's nasty stuff!

He loved it. He is still a pup. Would alternate from chasing butterflies to to jumping in.

He loved it. He is still a pup. Would alternate from chasing butterflies to to jumping in.

Yeah, I have been reading the dept of wildlife areas where I can actually eat my catches from that river. The Great Miami is even worse. Most areas are still bad. I want to go back to the Little Miami, that is a lot cleaner now, and try Mad River - supposedly a lot of trout there. I'm not gonna make the walleye run at the Maumee this year, so I'm gonna hit some new spots.

Ohioman, I hate to admit it, but I have eaten fish out of the Ohio before. Maybe that is why my hair is falling out.

Taking a three day/ two night hike starting this afternoon. Pack weighs 40 pounds. I need to reevaluate what I need to be taking. No computers, no phones and no tobacco.

Ohioman, I hate to admit it, but I have eaten fish out of the Ohio before. Maybe that is why my hair is falling out.

Taking a three day/ two night hike starting this afternoon. Pack weighs 40 pounds. I need to reevaluate what I need to be taking. No computers, no phones and no tobacco.

I have not, but I would if it was in those areas deemed ok to eat. They even tell you how many meals you should eat per week or year from the different spots of the river.

I just don't feel that mercury and cadmium should be part of my diets! The PCB are not low in fat so they are off my list too

Walked 3 miles yesterday and hiked a collective 27 miles during my backpacking trip.

Walked 3 miles yesterday and hiked a collective 27 miles during my backpacking trip.

9 per day?

10k on the eliptical. does this count in this thread or strictly walking?

Sure it counts but we don't use no stinking metric system in here! That's for the runners! BAH!

Sure it counts but we don't use no stinking metric system in here! That's for the runners! BAH!

6.28 miles/40 minutes - sorry about that, there are rumors that there are canadians in my family tree, so I can only attribute the citing of metric measurements as some sort of genetic anomaly .

Edited by tm-va

9 per day?

04/22/2010

elliptical/6.26 miles/40 minutes

Edited by tm-va

2 miles yesterday, plan on jogging today

good luck with the jog. listen to your knees/body.

2 miles yesterday, plan on jogging today

good luck with the jog. listen to your knees/body.

Absolutely.

My knees are funny things. They are not always in a bad mood and screaming for me to just sit my butt down.

My lungs on the other hand....

04/23/2010

elliptical/6.29 miles/40 minutes - how did the jogging go yesterday Ohioman?

04/23/2010

elliptical/6.29 miles/40 minutes - how did the jogging go yesterday Ohioman?

It didn't happen...

B) I deserve to be pelted... I feel like I caved on my routine. No walk, nothing...