Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Killerattorney : (27 March 2017 - 08:09 AM) Hey, Smasher, some of us go to bed early. I need my beauty sleep!
benpitt : (27 March 2017 - 06:35 AM) i will be tired by the time you guys wake up
Smasher : (26 March 2017 - 10:24 PM) LOL I will be retired by the time you guys wake up.
Smasher : (26 March 2017 - 08:38 PM) Who is in the 03/23/2017 - 04/22/2017 group other than me?
rwm3892 : (26 March 2017 - 08:59 AM) You hanging out in the shadows: This addiction kills. Quit today. We want life.
Smasher : (26 March 2017 - 06:49 AM) I wanna get some life in my group. Get that keyboard clickin guys.
Smasher : (25 March 2017 - 01:39 PM) Hey guys I am back.
rwm3892 : (25 March 2017 - 12:09 PM) Day 1 starts now. Throw away that nasty can and post here https://forum.qssn.o...2693-roll-call/
rwm3892 : (25 March 2017 - 11:13 AM) If you want freedom you have to take it. No one is going to give it to you.
Veera : (24 March 2017 - 07:54 PM) I have to repeatedly sign out and re login
Veera : (24 March 2017 - 07:54 PM) MODS help me.
Veera : (24 March 2017 - 07:53 PM) I am still facing login issues.
Veera : (24 March 2017 - 07:53 PM) NDT fellas

Photo
- - - - -

The Cafe - 2017

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 3boysdad

3boysdad

The very elect.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts
  • Interests:Privacy
  • Quit Date:06-07-2008

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

It's been a week and I'm starting to feel like Chris Pratt in Passengers.  Only 90 years to go.  We'll get it worked out.

After all,

Jesus is coming soon!

#2 3boysdad

3boysdad

The very elect.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts
  • Interests:Privacy
  • Quit Date:06-07-2008

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

Hello old friends out there.  Just wanted to say "hi".  I've been quit twice now.  The last time was over two years ago.  When I wanted to finally let it go it was easy - I just walked away, and I wasn't even posting here at the time.  We were sorta alienated at the time actually.  But I do remember how important this site was when I was initially fed up with being addicted to tobacco.  I hope this site still inspires people to leave the things they hate behind.

Stay quit,

3BD

• Eutychus and Ohioman1972 like this

#3 Killerattorney

Killerattorney

"le grand séducteur des femmes"

• Super Moderators (Admin)
  • 17,802 posts
  • Quit Date:10-01-2006

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

Hey everybody! I'm 16 years clean! Just wanted to stop in and say everyday of my life is better without skoal in my lip. I slayed the nicodemon, and now tobacco free is my way of life. I dipped for 25 years, and it was a tough two year battle for me before I finally felt free of the control of the can. Never give up. You can do this, your life, your lip, your family and friends are worth it. Keep posting, support each other in your quit groups, and keep quitting!

Congrats, Woogie! I agree 100%. 10+ years clean for me. Life is much better without the worm dirt!
  • Eutychus and D Bob like this

#4 4woogie

4woogie
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Quit Date:07-22-2002

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Hey everybody! I'm 16 years clean! Just wanted to stop in and say everyday of my life is better without skoal in my lip. I slayed the nicodemon, and now tobacco free is my way of life. I dipped for 25 years, and it was a tough two year battle for me before I finally felt free of the control of the can. Never give up. You can do this, your life, your lip, your family and friends are worth it. Keep posting, support each other in your quit groups, and keep quitting!
  • Eutychus, Киров, Tiger Refuge and 3 others like this

#5 jdawgog

jdawgog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Quit Date:02-14-2010

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

Don't let roll call intimidate you. I was a drooling internet moron when I first logged on here. I didn't know a dang thing about posting on the interwebs. Now, I'm still a drooling moron, but I can post roll. If I can do it, there is hope for any and everyone. If you need/want help in learning how to post roll or just navigate the site, give anyone on the 'staff' or any 'moderator' a shout. We will be glad to help you. Quitting is hard enough as it is.

That's absolutely right. Don't worry about messing anything up. You won't break anything. This ain't Pottery Barn.

KA has forgotten the whole "Truckerick incident"...
That was ugly. Took weeks to get the smell out, and you notice there are still no cats around.

My therapist tells me I have blocked out most of my memories of Truckerick. Says it's the mind's defense mechanism against traumatic incidents.

I have a vague memory of this...can someone throw the link to this up here so we can all 'member?

• Eutychus likes this

#6 Tiger Refuge

Tiger Refuge

Straight Bad Ass Quitter

• Site Moderators
  • 14,727 posts
  • Interests:My family, running, football, cooking, eating, beer, hunting.
  • Quit Date:01-24-2013

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

I recently found this site, it's nice to know, after 30 plus years of Copenhagen addiction, there's other guys like me.

Welcome, Billy!

There are tons of guys like you here. All of us.

#7 BillyC

BillyC
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Quit Date:02-12-2017

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

I recently found this site, it's nice to know, after 30 plus years of Copenhagen addiction, there's other guys like me.

#8 Killerattorney

Killerattorney

• 17,802 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Monday, I'll be celebrating my 45th wedding anniversary with my One & Only! This will be the 10th in a row without dip!

Dip never made anything better. It simply fed the nicotine addiction and made me feel like an idiot. 

Happy belated anniversary, Euty!

• Eutychus likes this

#9 Eutychus

Eutychus

Ancient One

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,445 posts
  • Quit Date:08-31-2006

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

Monday, I'll be celebrating my 45th wedding anniversary with my One & Only! This will be the 10th in a row without dip!

Dip never made anything better. It simply fed the nicotine addiction and made me feel like an idiot. 

• Ohioman1972, TR1960, Camper and 1 other like this

#10 Killerattorney

Killerattorney

• 17,802 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

Don't let roll call intimidate you. I was a drooling internet moron when I first logged on here. I didn't know a dang thing about posting on the interwebs. Now, I'm still a drooling moron, but I can post roll. If I can do it, there is hope for any and everyone. If you need/want help in learning how to post roll or just navigate the site, give anyone on the 'staff' or any 'moderator' a shout. We will be glad to help you. Quitting is hard enough as it is.

That's absolutely right. Don't worry about messing anything up. You won't break anything. This ain't Pottery Barn.

That was ugly. Took weeks to get the smell out, and you notice there are still no cats around.

My therapist tells me I have blocked out most of my memories of Truckerick. Says it's the mind's defense mechanism against traumatic incidents.

• Eutychus likes this

#11 Tiger Refuge

Tiger Refuge

Straight Bad Ass Quitter

• Site Moderators
  • 14,727 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

..."Truckerick incident"...

*cringes*
I had to go back and read what was left of the aftermath when I got here. Good Lord...
Speaking of TR...
  • Eutychus likes this

#12 Ohioman1972

Ohioman1972

Go Buckeyes!

• 21,687 posts
  • Quit Date:03-13-2009

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

• Eutychus likes this

#13 Killerattorney

Killerattorney

• 17,802 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

• Eutychus likes this

#14 Tiger Refuge

Tiger Refuge

Straight Bad Ass Quitter

• Site Moderators
  • 14,727 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

#15 Tiger Refuge

Tiger Refuge

Straight Bad Ass Quitter

• Site Moderators
  • 14,727 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

Let's get this new year rolling...a month late.
  • Eutychus likes this