Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

fes : (22 February 2017 - 09:17 AM) Yessir!
jeffrobd : (22 February 2017 - 09:16 AM) Fes, that is all the more reason to stay accountable to your quit
fes : (22 February 2017 - 08:04 AM) Dentist appointment yesterday. All good. In the past, that would be a license to go buy a can. Not this time. Tired of worrying. NDT!
benpitt : (22 February 2017 - 07:31 AM) today we battle the dip pirates
jdawgog : (21 February 2017 - 04:18 PM) BEAULLER
Tiger Refuge : (21 February 2017 - 07:21 AM) If you are experiencing problems with the site since the issue with Google, try logging out of your profile and log back in. This step cleared up my issues.
Tiger Refuge : (21 February 2017 - 06:54 AM) Let's do this.

Photo

NHL

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 MarkPaul52

MarkPaul52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Quit Date:03-07-2016

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:42 PM

These conference finals are awesome this year. Very impressed, but probably biased being from Pittsburgh lol.
  • 86Torker likes this

#2 FightBack

FightBack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Cooking
  • Quit Date:09-22-2016

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Here we go Penguin's! Here we go!  :hockey:   Here we go Penguin's! Here we go!    :hockey: 

Edited by FightBack, 11 May 2016 - 10:27 AM.

• 86Torker likes this

#3 MarkPaul52

MarkPaul52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Quit Date:03-07-2016

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

Tom Wilson of the Capitals is trash. I heard he sniffs Ovi's jock

#4 Hawks16

Hawks16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Quit Date:12-29-2012

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Well there is a season now.

#5 Phil

Phil

Work every day to be the best version of yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Interests:Bruins, Patriots, Cooking, Working out, Video Games, Music and Reading. Oh and movies... all kinds of movies...
  • Quit Date:11-13-2014

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

On this fine Friday afternoon, I want to sent a big FUCK YOU to Gary Betman, Donal Fehr, the NHLPA and the NHL owners.

YOU ALL ARE TO BLAME IN THIS! GET A FUCKING DEAL DONE, AND GET THE SEASON STARTED!

Thank's again for ripping my heart out of my dick and dashing it upon the floor. You (all above named) are ruining my motherfucking winter!!!!

#6 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Interests:Bruins, Patriots, Cooking, Working out, Video Games, Music and Reading. Oh and movies... all kinds of movies...

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Last night would have been Bruins pre-season game #1. I love the pre-season as a chance to see new talent. Oh well. Mr. Bettman, Mr. Fehr. Can you guys get back to work before you COMPLETELY RUIN MY WINTER?!

I'm about to switch out the indian head for a Bears avatar. The more I think about the NHL, the more pissed off I get. All games in October have been wiped out. That's infuriating.

Get ready for the long-haul. Everything I've heard points to the owners having no intention of starting the season before Thanksgiving. Even if they started then, I'd be happy because at least we don't lose a whole season. But my God, this is fucking annoying. Last Thursday would have been the Bruins opener. I know I'm in the minority, but I love hockey as much, if not more than I love football, so this is really killing me.

P.S. My favorite player, Patrice Bergeron, who I labeled as one of the "good guys" has also jumped ship. That fact scares me because he was (at least I was lead to believe) at the forefront of the negotiations. Zdeno Chara, Dennis Seidenberg, Tuukka Rask and David Krejci have also found new homes to play at. Shawn Thornton is reportedly going to Ireland to help out with a fledgeling hockey leage in the land of shamrocks and pots-o-gold. This sickens me

Edited by Phil, 09 October 2012 - 08:34 AM.

#7 fishforsale

fishforsale

Where's my dollah?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Interests:My wife and 3 girls, faith, politics, and fishing... and the Blackhawks.
  • Quit Date:01-23-2006

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Last night would have been Bruins pre-season game #1. I love the pre-season as a chance to see new talent. Oh well. Mr. Bettman, Mr. Fehr. Can you guys get back to work before you COMPLETELY RUIN MY WINTER?!

I'm about to switch out the indian head for a Bears avatar. The more I think about the NHL, the more pissed off I get. All games in October have been wiped out. That's infuriating.

#8 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

#9 fishforsale

fishforsale

Where's my dollah?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Interests:My wife and 3 girls, faith, politics, and fishing... and the Blackhawks.

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

We are rounding the turn of the first week of the NHL lockout. The preseason games scheduled for September have been cancelled and players are already fleeing the league faster than rats on a sinking ship.

Some noteable players:
Pavel Datsyuk
Evgeni Malkin
Alexander Ovechkin
Tyler Seguin
Joe Thornton
Rick Nash
Jaromir Jagr (shocker)
Logan Couture
Ilya Kovalchuk
Sergei Gonchar
Jason Spezza
Nicholas Backstrom

All of them, huge names and tremendous talent for the NHL. So what does this say about the players?

It's basically a big "fuck you" to the owners. "Oh, you're going to lock us out? Okay, we'll play elsewhere. We choose to play in the NHL. We don't need the NHL." That's basically what it's saying. These guys can make 65% of their NHL contracts in other international leagues. This could also mean that they are in no rush to come back to work. The players who chose to go elsewhere realize that they can make almost as good of a living in other countries. Many players are going home to their native countries. Alex Ovechkin has said that if player's salaries are cut by 24% (which is what the owners are proposing) then he would seriously consider staying in the KHL in his native Russia.

It also speaks volumes about the unification of the NHLPA. As soon as the lockout starts, wham! Players jump ship instead of sticking it out and fighting the good fight. Some players, like Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron, have said that they have no desire or intention to play overseas and may try to keep the discussions between the NHL owners and NHLPA going.

What does this say about the owners?

The owners are proving that they only care about the money. They don't care about the players, they don't care about the fans, they don't care about the integrity of the game. They just care about the money. Many want to jump to blame Gary Bettman. Hell, I even did. But the bottom line is that he is paid by the owners to do this. They sign his checks, not the fans. You cant completely blame him because he is doing his job. My anger has been shifted to the owners, particularly, Jeremy Jacobs, the owner of my beloved Boston Bruins.

Jeremy Jacobs is in the position, which is essentially, is the chairman of the owners. He can be the mouthpiece for all of the NHL owners because of the situation that he is in. Essentially, he is what Bob Craft was to the NFL lockout negotiations. And what has Mr. Jacobs done? He has remained silent and has not tried to move things along.

So the bottom line is that both sides are wrong in this. The NHLPA's failure to keep a solid front in this, and the owners' refusal to negotiate.

If they lose the entire season, they will keep me as a fan. I'm like a crack addict for the NHL. I LIVE for the NHL. Unfortunately, they will lose a lot more fans than that and the league as a whole will suffer.

Any thoughts?

Well stated, well thought out. In a pinch, this lock out to me is just maddening. There's no reason for it.

I usually get my NHL fix at secondcityhockey.com or thecommittedindian.com

Good to see you try to revive this topic. Unfortunately for now, there isn't much to talk about.

Like you, I'm diehard

#10 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:56 AM

We are rounding the turn of the first week of the NHL lockout. The preseason games scheduled for September have been cancelled and players are already fleeing the league faster than rats on a sinking ship.

Some noteable players:
Pavel Datsyuk
Evgeni Malkin
Alexander Ovechkin
Tyler Seguin
Joe Thornton
Rick Nash
Jaromir Jagr (shocker)
Logan Couture
Ilya Kovalchuk
Sergei Gonchar
Jason Spezza
Nicholas Backstrom

All of them, huge names and tremendous talent for the NHL. So what does this say about the players?

It's basically a big "fuck you" to the owners. "Oh, you're going to lock us out? Okay, we'll play elsewhere. We choose to play in the NHL. We don't need the NHL." That's basically what it's saying. These guys can make 65% of their NHL contracts in other international leagues. This could also mean that they are in no rush to come back to work. The players who chose to go elsewhere realize that they can make almost as good of a living in other countries. Many players are going home to their native countries. Alex Ovechkin has said that if player's salaries are cut by 24% (which is what the owners are proposing) then he would seriously consider staying in the KHL in his native Russia.

It also speaks volumes about the unification of the NHLPA. As soon as the lockout starts, wham! Players jump ship instead of sticking it out and fighting the good fight. Some players, like Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron, have said that they have no desire or intention to play overseas and may try to keep the discussions between the NHL owners and NHLPA going.

What does this say about the owners?

The owners are proving that they only care about the money. They don't care about the players, they don't care about the fans, they don't care about the integrity of the game. They just care about the money. Many want to jump to blame Gary Bettman. Hell, I even did. But the bottom line is that he is paid by the owners to do this. They sign his checks, not the fans. You cant completely blame him because he is doing his job. My anger has been shifted to the owners, particularly, Jeremy Jacobs, the owner of my beloved Boston Bruins.

Jeremy Jacobs is in the position, which is essentially, is the chairman of the owners. He can be the mouthpiece for all of the NHL owners because of the situation that he is in. Essentially, he is what Bob Craft was to the NFL lockout negotiations. And what has Mr. Jacobs done? He has remained silent and has not tried to move things along.

So the bottom line is that both sides are wrong in this. The NHLPA's failure to keep a solid front in this, and the owners' refusal to negotiate.

If they lose the entire season, they will keep me as a fan. I'm like a crack addict for the NHL. I LIVE for the NHL. Unfortunately, they will lose a lot more fans than that and the league as a whole will suffer.

Any thoughts?

#11 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

This thread has been very much dead.

How about this lockout?

I really have grown to hate the owners and Gary Bettman for their greed. The fact is that the NHL has made AMAZING strides in the 8 years since the previous lockout. Locking the teams out again, for however long, will be a huge, huge, HUGE mistake by the league.

When the league came back after the last lockout, the fans had something new to see. The game had moved away from the, "clutching and grabbing" era and was more suited for players with world-class speed. The restriction on goalies allowed pucks to be played and fought for more often by the players, and the game improved for the better.

What happens if we lock out this time? There will be no big change. The game will remain the same, and frankly, that fact is going to make it hard for casual fans to come back.

The sport is growing and will continue to grow if the exevutives and owners allow it the chance to do so. Locking out kills all momentum that the game had gained in the last 8 years.

To me, this labor dispute is the crossroads for the league. Will they take advantage of their current position, grow the game more, and return to relevance, or will they kill the momentum gained and risk falling back to being the most irrelevant major sport in the nation?

End the lockout! Save the game that myself and the fans love!

#12 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

The way the Red Sox are going, I hope they don't make the playoffs... Wouldn't want NESN blacking out my Bruins games for a $195million team that will struggle to win 90 games...

#13 Frosty

Frosty

Frozen One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  • Quit Date:06-14-2005

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Great game 2 bounceback win by the Bruins, after the Lightning and their goalie outclassed them in first game. Tyler Seguin answered the prime-time player bell last night and the Bs seemed to be on a mission. Will be interesting to see how third game in Tampa goes.

Where are all the NHL fans on the site? Do you take your toys and go home after your team loses--I understand; I felt the bitterness after Patriots lost in NFL playoffs earlier this year--or do you love the game so much you keep watching?

what on earth are you talking about? the season is over. the predators made it out of the first round and to us that was like winning the Stanley Cup!!! still watching. pulling for the bolts and the sharks...but if the canucks win i can say "at least we got ousted by the best team."

#14 CopeWithoutCope

CopeWithoutCope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts
  • Interests:Stuff that doesn't suck.
  • Quit Date:05-26-2012

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

Great game 2 bounceback win by the Bruins, after the Lightning and their goalie outclassed them in first game. Tyler Seguin answered the prime-time player bell last night and the Bs seemed to be on a mission. Will be interesting to see how third game in Tampa goes.

Where are all the NHL fans on the site? Do you take your toys and go home after your team loses--I understand; I felt the bitterness after Patriots lost in NFL playoffs earlier this year--or do you love the game so much you keep watching?

#15 CopeWithoutCope

CopeWithoutCope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:40 AM

I wasn't much of an NHL fan prior to this year's Stanley Cup "tourney" but now I've got the bug. That Bruins-Habs game 4 in Montreal was sweet and my quit brother Wildcat has me following the Predators now, too. Only problem (scratchin my scalp) is all the games are NOT televised. Missed the Boston-Montreal game last night as only the Sabres-Flyers game was televised among the 800 channels I subscribe to. I did watch Philly take Game 7 but it wasn't close at all. Flyers came at'em with full onslaught from the opening whistle. Sorry about the Blackhawks--was a nice comeback and you can't feel too bad being champs from last year.

Onward!

#16 fishforsale

fishforsale

Where's my dollah?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

What does NHL stand for again? I forget. :laugh:

I don't get it...

#17 CopeWithoutCope

CopeWithoutCope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

What does NHL stand for again? I forget. :laugh:

Edited by CopeWithoutCope, 11 April 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#18 fishforsale

fishforsale

Where's my dollah?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

Thank you Wild!!

#19 penguin

penguin

Advanced Zamboni Driver

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts
  • Interests:Driving the Zamboni
  • Quit Date:02-18-2004

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

Hawks win!! Hawks win!!!

Congrats. A hard earned victory. I'm numb today.

Was hoping your boys could keep the cup in PA. Chicago was the team to beat this year...they started talking them up around the All Star game if not before....and yet they still seemed to be a sleeper throughout the playoffs. Another great year of Hockey!!! Come on October!!!!!!

#20 Chip

Chip

Harbour in the Tempest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Quit Date:04-05-2010

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hawks win!! Hawks win!!!

Congrats. A hard earned victory. I'm numb today.