Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sox Fan

Saving $

I was at the convieince store this morning and noticed Cope was $6.99 +tax and Skoal $5.99

I couldn't believe i was spending so much $ on poison. Even the cheap stuff (Grizz) was $5.49

Makes me wonder how much $ I spent over the past 20 years.

At that price, it was well over $15K

How much did you spend?

I was at the convieince store this morning and noticed Cope was $6.99 +tax and Skoal $5.99

I couldn't believe i was spending so much $ on poison. Even the cheap stuff (Grizz) was $5.49

How much did you spend?

I've saved over $14,000 since I quit. "No brag, just fact!"

How much did you spend?

I was dippin' a tin + a day. So I estimate I was spending about $40 dollars a week

Here's my breakdown - $5.50 a tin - $41.25 a week - $165.00 a month - $2145.00 a year

(I remember when I started a tin was less then $1.50)

My first can of Copenhagen cost 35 cents. That's not a typo; that was back in the 1960s. It was running about $3.50 a can when I quit.

If I stick with the $3.50, there has been $5,957 of my money that has not gone to the tobacco industry (1605 days nicotine free + an additional 97 days tobacco free)

My first can of Copenhagen cost 35 cents. That's not a typo; that was back in the 1960s. It was running about $3.50 a can when I quit.

If I stick with the $3.50, there has been $5,957 of my money that has not gone to the tobacco industry (1605 days nicotine free + an additional 97 days tobacco free)

I started off with skoal back when I could buy it at 42 cents a can. I was 12.

I guess I was a late bloomer. Kodiak was $0.99 when I started

I guess I was a late bloomer. Kodiak was $0.99 when I started

The cheapest I bought Copenhagen was .22 a can in Ft. Polk 1974. Why wouldn't you chew? It was a diversion from getting our balls busted during infantry training. We had one dumb-ass that shot himself in the foot rather than do a 25 mile road march! I just threw in a chew....

Back in my home state of WV, all tobacco is relatively cheap. Grizzly was around $2.90/can last time I was up there. Here on base, it's cheaper'n all get out: it's like $2.15/can for Grizz. I was chew a can+/day. Let's call it $2.50/can.

$2.50*365=$910.

$910*7=$6370

Damn, that's 2 year's worth of car payments now...

Skoal was about 50-75 cents when I started. But I could find these off brands for as cheap as 35 cents. They came in weird flavors like cherry and blackberry - old man stuff. LOL

Dipping was unknown then - just a fun, harmless habit.......................... sigh.