Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
SoFlaNate

Nicotine Gum?

Curious.

I used Nic gum before and it worked for me. The only problem is I became addicted to the gum and and chewed it for a year. Not good.

Curious.

I used Nic gum before and it worked for me. The only problem is I became addicted to the gum and and chewed it for a year. Not good.

Good Lord! Have I not taught you anything? Nicotine IS the problem.

You don't "Wean" off..... You quit putting it in your mouth. Hell yeah it hurts! Who's the dumb ass that put it in their mouth in the first place? Suffer the consequences!

I used nicotine gum for 97 days. The only thing it did was help transfer my source for nicotine from tobacco to gum. And it did a poor job at that. At best, I constantly felt like the 1st hour of being nicotine-free - never satisfied but still hooked.

If you use the gum, you need to do what I failed to do: SET A QUIT DATE for the gum. Also, realize that you will go through the whole nicotine withdrawal routine when you quit the gum.

Euty ~ day 1,726 tobacco-FREE, day 1,629 nicotine-FREE

I used the nicotine gum for about 2 weeks. Having tried to quit chew several times, I decided to try NRT. I chose gum for several reasons, 1) I could put it in my lip just like I did the chew and deal with the oral fixation and 2) As chew was outlawed at my place of work, I knew that if I got caught chewing I'd be fired, but if I was caught chewing gum, they'd just yell at me. After a couple of weeks, I began to forget to put in some gum and I knew then I could stop it.

Don't sound like it worked. I will be trying and let yall know!!

I've heard it explained like this:

When you take off a band-aid that is stuck to some hair on your leg, are you the type that rips it off quickly or pulls and tugs at it for a few minutes?

Nic gum/patches is like pulling it off slowly, cold turkey is like ripping it off quickly. The pain is more severe, but it's over before you know it.

i love nicotine gum!!!!!!

i love it so much!!!!

saved my life, my lip, and my life!!!!!

How long did you use it before you finally decided to break free of nicotine?

Hi Quitters.

I am using Nic Gum for the past 25 days (too few but too many for me) and I have been able to stay away from the tobacco for the first time in the last 10 years. It takes around 10-12 gums (4 mg) for me daily.

I dont think I have earned a number to give any concrete opinion on NICGUMS but what I say is -

Anything that helps you stay away from the cancer tard is good. Quitting is a life long process and we must do whatever it takes to stay away. I have found several quitters here who even after years of quitting still deal with the cravings. The idea is to stay away. How you do it is secondary. NICGUMS are proven to be non-addictive. Its our own mind which fears of relapsing when we stop the nicgum and hence we continue with it even after prescribed period of 3-4 months.

Please consider my story-

1) From 2007 to 2010 I tried quitting cold turkey several times but couldnt last more than 4 hours. :wtf:

2) In the year 2011 I tried to cut it down with the help of NIC GUM and I succeeded to continue for a couple of weeks and then the NICBITCH took over me. :facepalm:

3) In the year 2012 I tried to start quitting with NICGUM but failed to finish my last can. For two weeks I had a last one waiting to be finished. :lame:

4) 2013- This time I have learnt something from my relapses and failed/bogus attempts and I am rigorously following the NICGUM Schedule. So far I have crossed 25 days with NICGUM and without a single dip.

Using NICGUM is still quitting. It does not prevent you or stop you from having a dip. It only gives us the moment of pause to stand against the NICBITCH and say I am done with you.

NICGUM is not an alternative to tobacco. It is only a tool, a source of confidence for the people like me who couldnt finish the last can and start quitting despite they are restless inside to quit.

Every single nico-addict wants to quit. Even if they are not able to speak it or even realize it. NICGUM has given me a chance to stay away from tobacco and reschedule my routine so that I can stay tobacco free even if I stop using the gum.

At last I would add :- NICGUM only strengthens your RESOLVE TO QUIT. Thats all. If you dont have a strong resolve to quit then NICGUM will do no better.

A word of caution:- Dont dip on the first day of starting nicgum dont dip at all on the first day. Use NICGUM for one complete day and see the amount of confidence you feel.

I am open to discussion, suggestions and whatever you would like to share. Lets quit whatever it takes.

Hi Quitters.

I am using Nic Gum for the past 25 days (too few but too many for me) and I have been able to stay away from the tobacco for the first time in the last 10 years. It takes around 10-12 gums (4 mg) for me daily.

I dont think I have earned a number to give any concrete opinion on NICGUMS but what I say is -

Anything that helps you stay away from the cancer tard is good. Quitting is a life long process and we must do whatever it takes to stay away. I have found several quitters here who even after years of quitting still deal with the cravings. The idea is to stay away. How you do it is secondary. NICGUMS are proven to be non-addictive. Its our own mind which fears of relapsing when we stop the nicgum and hence we continue with it even after prescribed period of 3-4 months.

Please consider my story-

1) From 2007 to 2010 I tried quitting cold turkey several times but couldnt last more than 4 hours. :wtf:

2) In the year 2011 I tried to cut it down with the help of NIC GUM and I succeeded to continue for a couple of weeks and then the NICBITCH took over me. :facepalm:

3) In the year 2012 I tried to start quitting with NICGUM but failed to finish my last can. For two weeks I had a last one waiting to be finished. :lame:

4) 2013- This time I have learnt something from my relapses and failed/bogus attempts and I am rigorously following the NICGUM Schedule. So far I have crossed 25 days with NICGUM and without a single dip.

Using NICGUM is still quitting. It does not prevent you or stop you from having a dip. It only gives us the moment of pause to stand against the NICBITCH and say I am done with you.

NICGUM is not an alternative to tobacco. It is only a tool, a source of confidence for the people like me who couldnt finish the last can and start quitting despite they are restless inside to quit.

Every single nico-addict wants to quit. Even if they are not able to speak it or even realize it. NICGUM has given me a chance to stay away from tobacco and reschedule my routine so that I can stay tobacco free even if I stop using the gum.

At last I would add :- NICGUM only strengthens your RESOLVE TO QUIT. Thats all. If you dont have a strong resolve to quit then NICGUM will do no better.

A word of caution:- Dont dip on the first day of starting nicgum dont dip at all on the first day. Use NICGUM for one complete day and see the amount of confidence you feel.

I am open to discussion, suggestions and whatever you would like to share. Lets quit whatever it takes.

How can I say this without offending?

Use whatever crutch you want to use to say you are quit, but until you quit nicotine, you have not actually Quit anything. However, you are in a process of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) which can minimally help to increase your odds of being Quit in the future. I firmly believe you are fooling yourself and you are making the pain of quitting (withdrawals) continue day in and day out because you are still feeding yourself with nicotine. As addicts, nicotine is what we are hooked on. The act of Dipping is no more than an oral fixation "habit" that as with all "habits" can be broken in a matter of a few weeks or so. It's the nicotine drug addiction we will battle against every day for the rest of our life. Certainly, the quicker nicotine is out of the blood system, the faster you begin to heal. The brain receptors creating the crave sensations are not going to begin healing until the nicotine is removed.

Quitting success starts with admitting you are an addict and making a clear decision to stop using. You have made the decision to cut down on using, which is a great step in the right direction. Next step is to stop using. You can do that. You have already stopped putting dip in your mouth. Now stop putting Nic in your mouth. Sure it’s a little tough, but good news is you only quit and battle one crave at a time which is actually pretty easy to do and before you know it you have won the day. That will be your day 1. If you are willing to go 1 day, You can win. Do not look beyond winning Today.

Your reward? In a blink of an eye, many days will have past and in short time many days without Any craves at all and the few days that have them, they will be chicken shit little minor urges that go away in seconds.

However, under no circumstance will you ever quit the rest of your life for any longer than for just right this moment, right now.

Come on, be a winner Today. Quit Today, I double dog dare you. I bet you can, so make it happen. :yes:

• Like 1

You are right. sorry for the delayed reply. I am leaving the gum. I embrace the suck. Lets see. NDT.

quitting cold turkey Day 2. Nicgum has given me the confidence from "I want to Quit" to "I can Quit". I am using the confidence now to stay quit forever. One craving at a time, I quit every second. QSSN.org is the best weapon to stay quit.

Edited by Veera

quitting cold turkey Day 2. Nicgum has given me the confidence from "I want to Quit" to "I can Quit". I am using the confidence now to stay quit forever. One craving at a time, I quit every second. QSSN.org is the best weapon to stay quit.

Awesome work Veera, One minute at a time and you are earning your freedom back.

NICFREE Day 9. Embracing the suck. NICGUM helped.

Remember do whatever u can to stay far frm dip. Break the habbit and then break the addiction. NRT is effective.

• Like 1

Worked well for me, but still had that “need/crave” to have one. Kept me off dip though, just a bit rough feeling like I was quitting twice.