Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
MotoXXX

Day 1 today.

Quit yesterday at 5:00 CST. I have quit about 10 times before and even once for a year or more, but I always come back. I have switched from Cop to Red Seal, etc.. all deals I made with myself to get rid of the habit. This time I hope to win I have been down to about 1 dip a day for 6 months or so and every Monday I quit, maybe this time I won't pick up a can on Tuesday. I don't plan on it but that 2nd day is the roughest. I hope that if I write on here that I will not dip tomorrow that I can get the day two stump behind me. I am good for today, not even really feamin. It's tomorrow that I worry about.

I bet I have bought a can and thrown it away after 1 dip about 3 times a week for 6 months. Now that's flushin money down the drain. My wife thinks I am crazy and my kids must think I am weak because they have asked me to stop.

So here it goes:

Tomorrow I will not dip, Wednesday I will not dip and all this week and weekend I will not dip. I will let you know how it goes. I hope I don't have to admit failure, but I will be honest.

This sucks why can't snuff be good for you like grapefruit juice and oranges???????? Anything that you ever want this much always has to kill you.... Jeez.

Im 35 dipping on and off since I was about 17. Day 1.

I am going to hold you to that just you like are going to hold me to it. My wife hates it, and I'm afraid that my oldest son has deemed it cool. Hell F'n NO!! That's how I got started, by my dad, uncles, and grandfather. From 13 to 32, it needs to stop. YOU WILL DO THIS, JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE 01/12 CLASS. We are here for you, or at least I will be. See you at roll call.

Yesterday I gave in around noon and had 1 after margaritas. That just took the resistance right after me. I threw the can away soon after. Nothing today. Tuesdays are just rough days for me.

Moto -

try not carrying a tin with you and/or resist from buying one. It sucks, I know. the first three days are f'n rough. I can't lecture you on caving...I've done it, but I'm back at it.

-Joe

I hate to say it Moto but you need to man up. It's easy to find excuses but all the excuses are is your nicotine addiction controlling your life and saying it is OK to cave. If you're serious about quiting you should think about avioding triggers such as drinking. Find a replacement for dip, try gum, sunflower seeds, cotton balls sooked in mouthwash, anything that will prevent you from putting that poison between your check and gum. Stay quit.

Tim

I have to agree with TechDude.

If you keep the attitude that its ok you slipped today and start over again tomorrow, you will always fail.

Do you want to stop? That is the first requirement. If you don't want to, you won't. Make that choice, then everything is down hill from there. It just has to be your decision, and one you must realize you can't go against. It actually is a life-n-death situation.

Realize what needs done, then do it.

When I quit, the only people I told were this group (Nov 2004 BTW). Then I realized I needed to be held accountable to more people. More people to lean on. Also, you need to make sure and listen to people. While some can be harsh....we only mean the best.

Keep the faith and know you can do it.

Hey Moto..

You might want to have a discussion with the Texas quitline folks about getting a quit plan that might work for you..Yours is not working ..Your first quit date shown is 5/11..If that's true, you've been dinking with this for months..It's free to discuss a plan and kick it around..The toll free # is 877-937-7848..The service is free also if you decide to work with them..I assume you mean Irving, Tx as your home state..

I did that in my state and they were very helpful in deciding on a plan..

Good luck with taming the wild beast that is dragging you around behind the truck to get one more fix..

speedbump --tobacco free 18 days