Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
jordanny

Back again..what a sad cave, but a hopeful new start.

Thanks for having me.

I had a successful quit of 3-4 months under my belt, with just a few lingering cravings when my 2nd son was born. On the way home from the hospital that night (on my own), I stopped for gas and celebrated privately by buying a can of dip. How fucked up is that? Within 1 week I was dipping 24 hours a day again. (looking back, I should have been more prepared for this to happen, since the increased stress of a new baby was predictable).

I'm now Day 7 into a cold turkey, and feeling pretty good about it. It has been uncomfortable, but I have a "calm" about it that I did not have the first time around.

I know that not everyone is religious or Christian, but I am. As one of the 1000 dayer's put it, dipping is not inherently sinful, but the shame involved is definitely not good for your spiritual life. Ultimately, I realized that I was lying a lot, and putting dip before God. That is definitely not good, and it is something I wanted to change.

jordanny

• Like 1

Hi jordanny...

Well, a cave is a set back but not a deal killer yet...the demon will always be lurking for the chance to get us back on the crap for a boost to the dopamine...vicious devil that he is..

Well, you are "riding the tiger " for a while, but you know how to survive the craves..hope the new baby is doing well..

Up,up, and away,

speedbump..tobacco free 22 days

Lots of veteran quitters on this site that will support your quit...I'll stop by to see you..

Every man, whether religious or not, has it, within himself, the ability to quit.

Whether you draw your strength from God or from within, you can do this and you can make it permanent. I believe that God wants us to be in control of our lives and that he wants us to take responsibility for the outcome.

Be strong and be committed. You have but one possible outcome; and that is to be quit!

choose you this day whom you will follow.

choose you this day whom you will follow.

Thanks for the encouragement. I love that phrase, so much so, that my son (the one mentioned in my post) is named Joshua because of it. He was born on the 24th...how's that for coincidence. (Joshua 24:15)

In any case, my quit is trucking right a long, the worst days are behind me now.