Quit Smokeless Community
Paladin

Doing it for my wife...

Hi all. I'm a police officer in Kansas. Been chewing for about 7 years. My wife has hated it the whole time. Up to well over a can a day. Quitting tomorrow. Need some help. I'll be back on the site tomorrow morning and afternoon. It's costing us too much money and it's been hurting my marriage for way too long. Have a 2 year old that needs to not grow up with that.

Hi all. I'm a police officer in Kansas. Been chewing for about 7 years. My wife has hated it the whole time. Up to well over a can a day. Quitting tomorrow. Need some help. I'll be back on the site tomorrow morning and afternoon. It's costing us too much money and it's been hurting my marriage for way too long. Have a 2 year old that needs to not grow up with that.

Congratulations and welcome to QSSN. Those are all great reasons to Quit and can be good motivators down the road when things get tough. You need to mostly want to Quit for yourself, to regain your freedom from this horrible addiction, to improve your health and perhaps prolong your life. This is not easy in fact for alot of us it is the toughest thing we have ever had to do. So you need as many motivators as possible to help you through.

There is a ton of great information on this site. dig in to it, own it, and most importantly stay Quit!

Congrats on coming to this site. Do me a HUGE favor and change your motivator from doing it for your wife, to doing it to save your life. From my experience, if you quit for someone else - you have an excuse to dip in the future if the two of you have a fight, sort of an F-U dip. If you are not ready to do this for yourself for real, you will probably fail. I have tried and failed a couple of times in the past as I did it for other people.

Best advice I have for you is to get phone numbers from this site. This is your support group and instant help a phone call or txt away.

I'm ok with you being a cop (I'm retired PD as well) but being from K*@!s is unforgivable. We don't mention that here. ^_^

I'm ok with you being a cop (I'm retired PD as well) but being from K*@!s is unforgivable. We don't mention that here. smile.png

HAHA, there's the pot calling the kettle late for dinner!!