Quit Smokeless Community
bigred83

The Cafe - 2012

I'm a "Dick" and I know it. Now that we've gotten that out of the way..... I wish you well on your "Quit Journey."

If I happen to stop by your group, rest assured.. I have your best interest in mind.

"You may not Like Me... but... the more you HATE me, the More you will Learn!

• Like 1

I'm a "Dick" and I know it. Now that we've gotten that out of the way..... I wish you well on your "Quit Journey."

If I happen to stop by your group, rest assured.. I have your best interest in mind.

T-Rick... The meanest Quitter on the western seaboard. The man who made Mount Saint Helens blow her top back in the day.... So if your going to Quit, then Quit. Just remember you need this mans permission before you cave. So Stay strong, Stay Quit

T-Rick... The meanest Quitter on the western seaboard. The man who made Mount Saint Helens blow her top back in the day.... So if your going to Quit, then Quit. Just remember you need this mans permission before you cave. So Stay strong, Stay Quit

I love this stuff.

I love this stuff.

gallery_4713_202_24468.jpg

• Like 2

SO today was a good day. I woke up dip free. I stayed that way all day. Went to Nashville and saw some friends I hadnt seen in a while. I met Frosty, who is a really good guy. I was asked last minute if I wanted to go to a hockey game. I said yes. Turns out it is NHL playoff time, and I sat 6 rows back from the glass. Then after the 1st period, I turn around and 20 feet from me, Charlie Daniels is performing "Devil went down to Georgia".

SO today was a good day. I woke up dip free. I stayed that way all day. Went to Nashville and saw some friends I hadnt seen in a while. I met Frosty, who is a really good guy. I was asked last minute if I wanted to go to a hockey game. I said yes. Turns out it is NHL playoff time, and I sat 6 rows back from the glass. Then after the 1st period, I turn around and 20 feet from me, Charlie Daniels is performing "Devil went down to Georgia".

Glad you enjoyed your time in Nash Vegas!

Glad you enjoyed your time in Nash Vegas!

Here til Sunday!

Giddy-up!

Notice my 5 year old daughter is looking up at me, slightly embarassed....

Giddy-up!

Notice my 5 year old daughter is looking up at me, slightly embarassed....

Kinda looks like you are choking that pony Ohio.

Thought about trying some of the herbal chews to see if that would help with the oral fixation. If someone has tried this and it seemed to work, let me. If so, what brand or flavors are recommended. I have chewed mint flavor tobacco for 9 plus years, just liked that the best.

Thought about trying some of the herbal chews to see if that would help with the oral fixation. If someone has tried this and it seemed to work, let me. If so, what brand or flavors are recommended. I have chewed mint flavor tobacco for 9 plus years, just liked that the best.

Dave, I never tried the herbal chews, but I found that a regular, unflavored piece of a cotton ball worked wonders by placing it in the spot I usually placed dip. I've also even dipped the cotton ball into Listerine when I had a hard crave and that extra little zing worked wonders. I hope that helps until someone that's tried herbal chew posts.

30 year dipper here - 82 days quit. I suffer from a terrible oral fixation. My quit would have failed without the Hooch product advertised on the home page. I really recommend it.

Dave...the Cayenne pepper has just enough burn to give it some authenticity. I first tried it about 20 days into my quit. The burn tricked the hell out of me. Felt a buzz and a calming sensation. Doesn't happen anymore, but it satisfies the tough craves.

Do u still chew this as a substitute. Just wondering. I haven't quit at this point , but trying to ween myself. I did quit about a year and a half ago for 3 months and then started back. U know, one dip lead to another, bumming, and then then started buying it again.

Yes...I still use hooch as a substitute. A couple of pinches a day on bad days; not at all on good ones.

Edited by Uxbridge

Do u still chew this as a substitute. Just wondering. I haven't quit at this point , but trying to ween myself. I did quit about a year and a half ago for 3 months and then started back. U know, one dip lead to another, bumming, and then then started buying it again.

Dave - I weened without a substitute. I found that this was helpful as the oral fixation also subsided somwehat. I consulted a neurologist who assisted others in substance abuse withdrawal. He recommended a systematic reduction over a period of time that helped me greatly. About 3/4 of the way through my prescribed withdrawal period, I found this site. This site got me pumped up and I simply jumped into my quit and it stuck. I guess the moral of the story is its never too early to just quit.

Edited by Oscar

A handful of people have been lucky enough to wean themselves off dip, but that method has one of the worst success rates. Chantix has some scary side-effects - anything that warns of suicide thoughts sounds like a cure that could be worse than the disease.

As has been said, nic-gum is just a delaying game, though it helps break the mental connection with dip and nicotine delivery. And even with max doses, nic-gum is a form of weaning. In the end, you'll have to go cold turkey with NRT, so it's best to just get started and get past the physical withdrawals, which will be past by 120 hours (5 days). Then it's all mental.

Got the Hooch in the mail today. I tried it and its not bad. Today was day 3 with no dip. I've been staying busy and trying not to think about it. So far so good. Glad to have the hooch for those weak moments. Tomorrow will go as good as today!

Some of the costs of many years dipping came up the other day. At about 280 days into my quit I was at work. My wife was cleaning stuff up at home. She found in an old ash pile a burned up cope can lid, (The only thing that survived the flames) and was furious. I have no idea how long ago I tossed that ol' can into a fire, but it sure wasn't lately. I have not quit my quit! But the cost of years of lying about quitting makes my wife not trust me on this topic. I deserve that I guess, but chew cropped up to bite me in the ass again nearly a year into being dip free. Think about that. That product, (and the lies that go with it) is so pervasive that its like a landmine later. Take it from me, it's bad stuff. Now my wife talked to me, looked at my teeth and decided I was telling the truth abour not picking up the can of cope again. Be ready quitters for your special people in your life to not believe you have quit. It will take time for them to trust again. You earned the mistrust, now earn the trust. rant.gif

Edited by Von Nanega
  • Like 1

Some of the costs of many years dipping came up the other day. At about 280 days into my quit I was at work. My wife was cleaning stuff up at home. She found in an old ash pile a burned up cope can lid, (The only thing that survived the flames) and was furious. I have no idea how long ago I tossed that ol' can into a fire, but it sure wasn't lately. I have not quit my quit! But the cost of years of lying about quitting makes my wife not trust me on this topic. I deserve that I guess, but chew cropped up to bite me in the ass again nearly a year into being dip free. Think about that. That product, (and the lies that go with it) is sp pervasive that its like a landmine later. Take it from me, it's bad stuff. Now my wife talked to me, looked at my teeth and decided I was telling the truth abour not picking up the can of cope again. Be ready quitters for your special people in your life to not believe you quit. It will take time for them to trust again. You earned the mistrust, now earn the trust. rant.gif

I am 996 days into this quit and I still have not earned all the trust back from years of lying about dipping to my wife. I am not sure it will ever happen to be honest and I don't blame her. I lied so often, so comfortably and without blinking an eye. about 200 days in she randomly checked my teeth, smelled the fingers, etc. I had not shown her the contract to give up, but I took it out of my wallet told her to read and said if I ever caved she would have a signed copy of it. I also showed her I use it as a bookmark in my commute books, it is in each car that we own in the glove compartment, and that I have phone numbers in my phone for people on this site I can text or call. Does she trust me completely re dip? I hope, but again don't blame her if she doesn't

• Like 1

Some of the costs of many years dipping came up the other day. At about 280 days into my quit I was at work. My wife was cleaning stuff up at home. She found in an old ash pile a burned up cope can lid, (The only thing that survived the flames) and was furious. I have no idea how long ago I tossed that ol' can into a fire, but it sure wasn't lately. I have not quit my quit! But the cost of years of lying about quitting makes my wife not trust me on this topic. I deserve that I guess, but chew cropped up to bite me in the ass again nearly a year into being dip free. Think about that. That product, (and the lies that go with it) is sp pervasive that its like a landmine later. Take it from me, it's bad stuff. Now my wife talked to me, looked at my teeth and decided I was telling the truth abour not picking up the can of cope again. Be ready quitters for your special people in your life to not believe you quit. It will take time for them to trust again. You earned the mistrust, now earn the trust. rant.gif

I am 996 days into this quit and I still have not earned all the trust back from years of lying about dipping to my wife. I am not sure it will ever happen to be honest and I don't blame her. I lied so often, so comfortably and without blinking an eye. about 200 days in she randomly checked my teeth, smelled the fingers, etc. I had not shown her the contract to give up, but I took it out of my wallet told her to read and said if I ever caved she would have a signed copy of it. I also showed her I use it as a bookmark in my commute books, it is in each car that we own in the glove compartment, and that I have phone numbers in my phone for people on this site I can text or call. Does she trust me completely re dip? I hope, but again don't blame her if she doesn't

I think now I've finally got my wife to trust me that I am quit. Still no real support from her but that's to be expected. I could have used that as an excuse but glad I didn't.