Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
jayst

Travel Dreams -

Surfing has defined my life for the better part of 30-yrs and has driven me to see some pretty cool places of the world. Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Jamaica, Canada, the entire west coast are the stand outs. Unfortunately most of those travels and adventures were coupled with what appeared to be a dead gopher in my lower (and sometimes upper) lip. On some of my longer trips when I was younger, I would literal have an entire bag of rolls of cope dedicated to lasting the entire trip. Sometimes I would run out and resort to smoking. Very sad state that I still find myself in decades later.

New Zealand has always been on my bucket-list. Surfing, small population, and larger-than-life unspoiled nature are the primary factors. Don't think I've ever seen a bad picture of the place. Indeed, I sometimes entertain the idea of retiring there. Now, I just discovered the dip is prohibited and not even available there, so I'm currently liking the idea even more.

Talk to me about some of your crazy dip-related travels or anything international. Love hearing your guys stories.

Found out my fist long work trip to Mexico that they don't sell chew. It's just not a Mexican thing. Looked everywhere. So next trip, I too, packed a log or two of Kodiak at the time. What a freaking waste, eh?

yeah, people look at you kinda funny when they don't know what it is.

I have a cousin-in-law in Chile, Juan Carlos, kind of a cowboy type guy, that insists on bumming dips off of me when I'm there. Unfortunately, for him he doesn't take the time to listen to my instructions on how to use it. He grabs the tin out of my hand as I'm trying to explain whats up and shoves a giant wad in his mouth. Mouth, I say, not lip. He then proceeds to "chew" it (all over his mouth) and SWALLOW it. Just straight up stomachs the whole thing. He then turns green and chases it with a beer... without puking! It was hilarious the first time. And the second. Questioning his intelligence now after a number of similar attempts. Questioning my intelligence for using the shit for 3 decades.

• Like 1