Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hoggle

Hiking

Does anyone else on here like going on long walks outdoors?

I'm going to be doing a long hike this weekend - from George Washington's estate at Mount Vernon to the Washington Monument in DC...and back.

I'll be gone all day both days.  I'll only be home to sleep, shower, and of course post roll.

So...what long walks / hikes have you been on lately?

Since moving to within two hours of Great Smokey Mountain National Park, I have gotten the hiking bug back in me.  Looking forward getting out more this spring and summer.  Hope to make it back out to Colorado this summer to do some hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park

On 2/27/2018 at 4:51 PM, See The Spector said:

Since moving to within two hours of Great Smokey Mountain National Park, I have gotten the hiking bug back in me.  Looking forward getting out more this spring and summer.  Hope to make it back out to Colorado this summer to do some hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park

Cool; I have family who lives in Colorado.  It's pretty nice out there.

Ever walk the Mount Vernon Trail in Northern Virginia?  It starts by the Francis Scott Key Bridge linking Arlington to DC, and ends at George Washington's estate at Mount Vernon.  It's beautiful, especially when it runs through Old Town Alexandria.  That's my favorite hangout when I'm in the DC area.

Have not walked the MV Trail but I have definitely heard of it, as I used to live in Maryland.   I have hiked (backpacked) a decent section of the AT between I-66 in VA to about Reading PA   Love the Appalachian Mountains  :-) 

Go Colorado! There’s a nice close hike just behind Boulder called Bear Peak. Very steep incline. I’ve also done Mount Albert in Colorado, one of the easier 14nrs. 

Now live in Idaho. Lots of cool hiking. My favorite is a 12 mile round trip call Table Rock. Takes you with in spitting distance to the Tetons. Very Majestic!

Hoping my next trek is crossing from Idaho to Jackson Wyoming through a 20 mile trail called Alaska Pass. Often bear sightings so have to go with the right group and be prepared.