Quit Smokeless Community
Outdoorman31

New quitter

Hello guys. I'm new to this site, trying to figure things out, so any advice is appreciated. One thing I haven't figured out yet is what roll call is and how to post it! Anyway I'm from Indiana, I've been dipping for 8 years now and have decided to try to find quit. Almost one full day down now and already going crazy lol 

• Like 1

Outdoorman,

Welcome aboard. Roll call is a daily pledge to quit tobacco for one day. You make a promise to yourself and us that you will not use for one day. You come back the next day and repeat.

New quitters are organized into groups based on when they will reach 100 days dip-free. We say someone enters the 'Hall of Fame' when he or she reaches 100 days. Hence, if you quit somewhere between 02/20/2018 - 03/21/2018, you will reach the Hall of Fame sometime during the month of June.

Your quit date falls into the dates above, therefore, the link to your Quit Group is: 

HOW TO POST ROLL CALL.

Go to the last page (if multiple pages) and  scroll down to the very last post, then...

On a PC

1. Do NOT click on the "quote button"  2. Highlight the entire last post starting with " If you quit between 11/21/2017 - 12/20/2017 this is your quit group.." all the way through the last person to post under supporters.  3. Either right click on the highlighted area and click "copy" rs the "Ctrl" key and the letter "C" at the same time.  4. At the bottom of the page (below the fat blue bar with page numbers on it and below the very last post) is a blank box for a new post (says "reply to this topic").   Place cursor in this box and right click "paste" or "ctrl" and "V" at the same time.  5. Go to the middle of your post where it says "quitters" add your name, quit days and comments then click "submit reply". 

You do need to do a little editing of the date, and deleting of previous quitters and supporters if you are the first to post for the new day.  It takes a little patience but once you learn it it's quick and easy :yes:

On a phone

--follow the above general guidelines, but use your phone's copy and paste functions.

Hope to see you posting Day 2 tomorrow.

Any other questions or need any more help: ask away!

Edited by rwm3892
  • Like 1