Quit Smokeless Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hoggle

My first weekend without dip is coming up

Man oh man, I am SO tempted to go out for a can to celebrate the weekend.  But, yanno what?  NOT GONNA HAPPEN, NO WAY NO HOW.

I gave up 33 years worth of weekends to that little-ass can.  I'm taking my weekends back.  My first dip-free weekend since 1985 is coming up.  I ain't gonna mess that up.

I'm scared to death, but saddling up anyway.  I've gone down to the grocery store and stocked up with everything I'll need for the weekend.  I'll stay close to this board tonight, to build up my strength for this weekend, then I'll spend all weekend hiking.  I find that helps me clear my head and center my psyche.

If anyone else can help me pump myself up, let me know.  I'll be monitoring this board like a hawk until midnight, then again when I wake up around 8AM tomorrow morning.

Sounds like a great way to spend your first weekend dip-free since the mid-80s!  My first few weeks quit were like living in a different dimension. Anything you can do to keep busy is a good thing. You'll find yourself doing things without even thinking about dip, but then later have panic attacks about having to do something without it. Just keep riding them out without giving in to the temptation. Keep doing, think less, and next thing you know, you'll be hitting the pillow without dip.

Here on the East Coast, we're in the middle of one helluva windstorm.  Knocked out power for several hours.  Still not gonna dip.

Had to stay home from work as I didn't wanna risk driving out in the wind.  Sat at home all day, bored af.  Still bored.-

Dip won't solve anything, I know.  Still want it.  Addict mentality.

Gonna go drink more club soda, then play some iPhone games.  Still going hiking tomorrow, if wind dies down by then.

The following link is a good read on a boring Saturday...http://www.quitsmokeless.org/articles/success.php

You may have already read it. It was that post that convinced me to quit on the spot. Everything in there holds up, and I still occasionally read it for inspiration.

There is a part of me that still has a deep, constant,  profound craving for that stuff.  But I am hellbent on living without it today, because it never actually filled the hole and it was killing me in the process. 

Hope the wind clears so you can enjoy a hike tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

The wind cleared up quite well, thanks.  I wandered around the woods for awhile, then came back home.  Nothing much.

I am using my time here to learn how to cook.  I am currently broiling a half chicken in sea salt and onion flakes.  The whole house smells delicious.  I'll be eating that with boiled vegetables, an apple, and Nutella on whole wheat bread for dessert.  I wish I could have you folks over for dinner.

The cravings are getting easier now.  They still come, but they're easier to deal with.  Just post that roll every day to the very utmost of my ability, then live up to that promise.  Simple.

Well, gotta go - chicken's almost ready!

Cooking is good! Lots of folks here have worked on the art of cooking food. Our increasingly sensitive palates almost requires it, and our quittin' selves deserve an extra treat. I think I was able to actually smell that chicken broth. 

Edited by rwm3892

Thank you all for your kind words.  I'm developing more of a knack for cooking.  Right now, I'm enjoying three scrambled eggs, Cheerios, an apple, and a B-I-G glass of OJ.  I would never have taken the time for such a breakfast before.  Dinner is going to be mixed vegetables; supper will be meat and spaghetti.

I have a few recipes that I'll be trying out this weekend.  I'll let you all know how they turned out.

Yes, it really happened.

A whole weekend - indeed, a whole WEEK - without the nicotine.

:boxer: <-----here I am, poping the nicodemon in the schozz today...and I'll do it again tomorrow, and every day for the rest of my life.

Congratulations! The first week is the most difficult. I thought I would lose my mind. But it is so nice to finally be done with that one-way relationship. Say goodbye with joy. Life is too short to waste on addiction.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:26 AM, Hoggle said:

I would never have taken the time for such a breakfast before.

Good on you!

I still don't. I get up so early as it is and don't want to wake up any earlier to prepare a proper breakfast. But maybe I should. It is one meal that I could have sole control over and I could get creative with something nutritious and tasty.